test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Avenger: PvP build

k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Federation Discussion
I do so-so at kerrat pvp but get annihilated in the ques, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for my build :D

Thanks

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=pvpavengerbuild_7620
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by k022#6452 on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    any help?:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=pvpavengedahm_0
    3 techs
    Keel'el
    Rsp doff
    1 of your choice

Based from the matches against edalgo's uber avenger. Not sure if I missed anything

Good luck
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You've got one of the best ships in this game and your build isn't that weak.

About the only things I can suggest are:

1) Add some shield capacity with a Field Generator console (get the best one you can afford).

2) Buy (or craft) some Prototype Ablative Jevonite Hardpoints and put several in one of your device slots. (Be sure to pop/use the Jevonite Armor at the beginning of every PVP to boost your hull strength in combat.)

3) Learn PVP tactics. It might sound like I'm being a jerk/troll when I say that, but I'm not. PVP gameplay is very different than the PVE combat everywhere else in the game. Burst damage/ SUSTAINED burst damage is king and shield/hull tanking is queen. Watch out for enemy player debuffs and/or control abilities because if you're controlled/debuffed then you won't last long. Recognize that fire arcs REALLY matter in PVP (see comments above about burst damage and sustained burst damage) and since your build is focused on the forward arc (you have turrets in the rear but it's the DHCs and torp in the front that do the real damage) you MUST pick a target and keep your nose on that specific target until it's dead.

Without knowing more about how you're getting killed in PVP there isn't much more advice I can give.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you don't have it already, I'd suggest slotting the T4 Rep trait from the Counter Command rep Nano-Probe Field Generator. It's a must have in current PvP IMO. For your commander engineer slot I'd suggest going with aux2sif 3 for a great hull heal and hull resist if you're trying to fly solo in the queues. If you're with a team where you know you'll get heals from someone I'd go DEM 3 there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the help guys:)

@1st post, I've put together a build that is similar, and its working like a charm! It took some getting used to using beams again, but after than the pew'd well :D

@2nd post, I know you're not trolling when you say pvp tactics, its not just a pew pew fest. I got the hang of it and started mimicking the tactics and combos of my opponents and a few work and some don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another Aux2Kirk has just been born, yippee.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    Another Aux2Kirk has just been born, yippee.

If you have a better build type, tell me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    poopbang wrote: »
    If you have a better build type, tell me.

Don't listen to the haters man, the build dahminius gave you is beast.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Wow not even really close to what build I was using.

"Really" close huh?

So somewhat close?:P
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree