test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mogh build help needed.

kt9000kt9000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Hi I've just got the mogh battle cruiser for my nas tac toon and I need help to find out what is needed to run the ship. I hear there is a spike dps build but I think the ship turns too slowly and aut2batt if I remember is for slower ships e.g. Rort . I want the mogh to do as much dps as much as possible without putting too much away from other essentials e.g. eptw and tss. I thank you and yes I do plan to get the fleet mogh ship.
Post edited by kt9000 on

Comments

• Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kt9000 wrote: »
    Hi I've just got the mogh battle cruiser for my nas tac toon and I need help to find out what is needed to run the ship. I hear there is a spike dps build but I think the ship turns too slowly and aut2batt if I remember is for slower ships e.g. Rort . I want the mogh to do as much dps as much as possible without putting too much away from other essentials e.g. eptw and tss. I thank you and yes I do plan to get the fleet mogh ship.

Well, I looked at the fleet mogh boff set-up and here's what I think based on your concerns about it's slow turn-rate:

For PVE shield tanking isn't that big of a deal for cruisers so my suggestion for uber maximization of turn-rate is to double up on aux to dampeners. Then combine that with the solanae engines, momentum (trait from xindi lock box) and possibly the omega shield. If you prefer more shield tanking go with the Borg shield and deflector together with the solanae engine. The turn-rate bonuses from aux to damp with the in-combat boosts from the solanae engine and momentum should be enough to make your ship turn on a dime.

Alternatively, 2 aux to damp might be too much because you need room for at least 3 emergency powers so that stacking damage control doffs properly helps with the reduction of emergency power cooldowns. It also depends on how much healing you want. My advice is to start with which healing powers you want first and go from there.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Congrats on getting the Mogh. Here's the BeastMode Mogh Build. It's an aux2bat/aux2damp hybrid build. Between EptE, Aux2Damp, and the two enhanced RCS consoles you should have no prob keeping the DHCs on target for massive damage.
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=beastmodemogh_0
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Mogh is not slow at all. Just 1 RCS console is enough to make a DHCS build effective. I have 2 moghs, one with a beam / torp build and the other one with a beam / dhc build. And i dont have any problems to turn fast and use the cannons. You hve also the command cruiser that gives you a little boost on turn rate as well. But the mogh is a beast using DHCS, in my case i just use plasmonic leech instead and it is a monster xD.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    i like the 'beast mode mogh' and in terms of gear it seems as you described it beast. I will say I'll try out the two rcs consoles but properly using one as I think it would be a waste of space. Will be using disruptors. Is the counter command turret from the reputaion any good with the cannon build? and should I use torps and if so which are the best? Cores good. Whats with the zero point energy console? True withe command powers for crusiers. Is Et good for this build? I feel every player needs one and maybe St. In terms of healing I dont care what I use as long as I stay in the battle. Think like a villan for a moment. I believe he always has a evil plan when it comes to tatics. I want to surprise my opponents and stay two steps ahead of them if all this makes sence. In short best heals, killer dps and can be super awesome to play. thanks guys
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you want to run DHCs, here is an option:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=abcdhcs_5549

That's the ABC, but it's really the same ship. It's an approximation going from memory on what I use at the moment on one particular toon. See notes for the disclaimer and the general setup.

Yes you can load it out different ways, and I have done so. I made this profile because of the talk of an RCS console, A2Damp, and DHCs, all of which I use on this character.

P.S. You can't chain more than 2 EPTs together at maximum cooldown (global). Running 3 is a bit of a waste of a boff slot.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=mymoghv2_0

The Boffs would be up to you. This is my Mogh I use. She gets the job done well enough with the right Boffs. Just to lazy to add them right now. It's more or less designed with a Tac heavy with engi healing to keep it in the fight longer. I also use EPS flow regs since she already has a great turn rate for cannons, so no RCS is needed if Evasive maneuvers is used properly.

I also use Antimatter spread as a aggro wipe if I take too much aggro. That and jam sensors do work well for that as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the reply guys. The mogh is deferentially a lot of fun. The beast mogh build is awesome however the only thing im changing is the boffs. The uni lt eng to tac tt1 and rf1. The esn tac I would like to know what's the recommended traits. Tommorow I'll hopefully be getting the fleet mogh. Can I carry the build over to that ship?
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do pretty damn good in PvE with the Fleet Mogh and a DHC A2B build:

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char%28Wampaq@Jnoh%29/ship-equipment

The key for me was 2x Fleet RCS and a Tachyokinetic Converter. That plus the right Captain traits and she turns about the same as a stock Fleet Qin, but with more hull and more forward-firing weapons.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    valastsarranvalastsarran Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    jnohd wrote: »
    I do pretty damn good in PvE with the Fleet Mogh and a DHC A2B build:

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char%28Wampaq@Jnoh%29/ship-equipment

The key for me was 2x Fleet RCS and a Tachyokinetic Converter. That plus the right Captain traits and she turns about the same as a stock Fleet Qin, but with more hull and more forward-firing weapons.

Umm, you do realize that the gateway is not the way to share a build as only you can see your stuff, and no other ... just sayin'
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Actually... you can. It just isn't a 1-click process.

I would say your ship and weapons setups are pretty good. I might suggest swapping out the bio torp for the gravimetric rep torp. Also maybe consider the 2pc bonus for the gravimetric.

You are stocking a deployable turret consumable for one of your devices. These are almost entirely useless. I liked them for a while but have stopped using them for a long time now. Perhaps run an engine battery or weapons battery for more damage output.

You might get more overall damage if you drop CSV down a rank and bump APB up a rank. I don't know for sure, but all the highest DPS builds sem to prioritize the attack patterns over the weapons buffs. Something to consider.

Overall, a very solid build. You can get a similar build without using A2B, too. If you have 2-3 energy weapons officer doffs that reduce cooldown on cannon skills, you will get faster cooldowns on CSV.

EDIT: For those not in the know, here is his ship:

Front weapons:
    3x Elite Fleet Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons [DMG] [ACC]x2
    1x Wide Arc Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons
    1x Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII

Aft weapons:
    1x Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret Mk XII
    1x nondescript turret with no mark listed, perhaps a special set weapon that doesn't display properly
    1x KCB

Devices:
    Shield battery
    Red Matter
    Disruptor turrets

Tac Consoles:
    4x Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XII [+Dis]

Sci Consoles:
    1x Plasmonic
    1x Zero Point

Eng Consoles:
    2x Console - Engineering - Enhanced RCS Accelerator Mk XII [+AllRes]
    1x Assimilated
    1x Tachyokinetic

Deflector: Counter-Command
    Engines: KHG
    Shields: KHG
    Core: Elite Fleet Plasma-Integrated Warp Core Mk XII [Eff] [W->S] [WCap] [AMP] [Trans]

Boffs:
    TS1, APB1, CSV2
    TT1

EPTS1, A2Bat1, EPTW3, DEM3
    ET1, A2Bat1

ST1, HE2
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For those of you worried about the turn rate, you can cycle two Aux Power to Damp with the doff to create overlap by extending the duration and adding energy resist.

See here
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm wondering if they have nerfed the A2Damp turn boost in the past few months somewhere. I used to be a big proponent of it (assuming you get the M/AM doff to extend resist effects, etc) but lately it just seems like it doesn't do much if ANYthing to help turn rate.

It feels as if turn rates have been getting worse and worse lately, and not just because of the nonsensical space snot and other spam. Popping A2Damp to get my cruiser around faster just doesn't have the oomph it used to. Lately I've been straying away from it in lieu of other skills because of this.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was just on this morning with the above set up and i did notice an increase in turn with using Aux2Damp. It works. Whether or not that has been a nerf i cannot say but i can say the ship worked very well in kerrat. Both as a brawler and as a vaper.
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Umm, you do realize that the gateway is not the way to share a build as only you can see your stuff, and no other ... just sayin'

"Allow others to view your character on Gateway: On"

Unless they broke that.

Too lazy to plug it all into the builder. Last I checked, you simply need to be logged into Gateway to view.

Or is it blocked for Silvers?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thank you all for your help. I have got the fleet mogh as heavy dmg as possible while managing some good heals (I hope). For my ship build here it is.

Front weapons:
    4x Elite Fleet Dual heavy disruptor cannons, Acc and CritD (maybe dmg) , Enhanced bio-molecular photon torpedo launcher

Aft weapons:
    1x Heavy Bio molecular turret, 1x Elite Fleet Disruptor turret, KCB

Devices:
    Subspace Field Modulator, Ehh...

Tac consoles:
    4x Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XII, +Dis

Sci consoles
    Maybe Plasmonic (If its as good as I hear it is), Fleet console that boost shield heal and lower threat level???

Eng Console:
    1x Assimilated, 1x Enhanced RCS Accelerator Mk XII +AllRes, 1x Moghs spec torp mod 1x Neu alloy +AllRes

Deflector: Counter-Command
    Engines: Counter-Command
    Shields: Elite Fleet (Either Covavernt or Resilient)
    Core: Elite Fleet ?????

Boffs:
    THY1, CRF1, APO1
    TT1, CRF11
    TT1
    ET1, EPTW2, RSP2, DEM3
    ST1, HE2

Traits:
    Don't know. Mostly just dmg buffs. Need help there pls. ty
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kt9000 wrote: »

Sci consoles
    Maybe Plasmonic (If its as good as I hear it is), Fleet console that boost shield heal and lower threat level???

Core: Elite Fleet ?????

Boffs:
    THY1, CRF1, APO1
    TT1, CRF11
    TT1
    ET1, EPTW2, RSP2, DEM3
    ST1, HE2

Traits:
    Don't know. Mostly just dmg buffs. Need help there pls. ty

science console yes plasmonic leech is that good . being your kdf you cant get it from exchange like the feddy bears can its gonna cost you ZEN.

Core: if your going fleet pretty much anything with AMP in it, the rest is to your flavor.

Boffs

cant say much here except your gonna die allot , and if you come in here and say you don't then your not playing the same game i am. you have 2 heals and not enough shield protection. any sustained fire will melt your shields and collapse your hull before the cool down is complete. unless you spend allot of time running from battles and healing up then reengage the enemy. in which case you will be gimping any team of a qued mission you happen to enter.

depending on your active doffs you can do away with the need for so many duplicate copies of skills .and increase your effectiveness by having a wider range and more healing abilities.

leaving your universal slot open for an engineer

uni=open,open
    tac=tt1,crf1,apo1
    tac=thy1
    eng=et1,eptw2,rsp2,dems
    sci= st1,he2

thats just using your set up i still wouldn't use what you have but anyways
    for doffs these allow a single copy of tt1, st1 and crf1 to act as if you had two copies of them. this

then you can let the uni turn into an engineer and actually have some heals
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I guess for the pros that fly the fleet mogh that says have the Lt uni be Eng well fair enough. I will say icsairguns you are right I do die quite too much.