test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qay'Ghun/Otha Ground Warzones Guide

jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
Hello again forums!!

After seeing how well my guide on the Dyson Battlezone was received, i asked for suggestions on further guides, and a guide on the Otha and Qay'Ghun battlezones was requested. So here goes!

Entering the Zone
Otha is located in the Otha System of the Eta Eridani Sector Block, while Qay'Ghun is located in the Qay'Ghun system of the Omega Leonis Sector Block.
Entering the Otha or Qay'Ghun Ground Warzones is much less grand and complicated than the Dyson zone. You beam into the zone surrounded by the wrecks of borg ships on a desert landscape, and are thrown in with no tutorial. You are facing the borg, who are trying to assimilate scientists stranded on the planet. You will face all level of borg drones from a average drone to a Heavy Tactical Drone. As well as a number of Plasma Beam Turrets.

PvPvE
A unique feature of these ground warzones is that in addition to fighting the borg, you will face another player team, that is racing for the same objective as you, and this can lead to PvP matches within the zone.
*The only difference between Otha and Qay'Ghun is that Otha has both federation and klingon aligned players fighting against each other, while Qay'Ghun is just klingons, randomly split into two teams.

Stage 1/2

The first of the two stages in this zone, is where two teams compete to liberate 5 scientists that are being assimilated by the borg. They are grouped in a fairly circular path typically 2 scientists at the most near each other. Each is guarded by ~8 borg drones. Once you have killed the drones surrounding a scientist, you can beam them away for aid. Each side must liberate 5 scientists out of 10 total, if one team liberates 5 scientists before the other, they may proceed to stage 2 before the other team.

Stage 2/2

In the center, surrounded by the circular path. There is a borg structure with 7 consoles around it, each guarded by 3 plasma beam turrets. The first team to interact with 4 of these consoles wins. The reward for the winning team is MK-MK XII gear in VR or Rare depending on where you place on the winning team. The losing team gets no reward.

Strategy
When fighting borg it is essential to remember that they adapt after a certain number of shots by any one energy type. Therefore you should maximize your damage before the borg adapt by using high damage/shot weapons such as the Pulsewave and Blast Assualt Weaponry. Of course Omega reputation gear's integral frequency modulation set bonus, and 10 kinetic damage against borg (even after adaptation) makes the Omega reputation gear the choice gear against borg.

The unfortunate thing about the Warzones, is that they are very simplistic, relying on PvP to add flavor to the conflict, one other thing is that if you are running solo in one of the zones, stay away from enemy players, and use sniper rifles to stay out of the borgs range
Post edited by jarodroto123 on

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PvE guide completed, if someone feels like adding a PvP section be my guest.....but i really have 0 experience in ground PvP
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow I hadn't even known about these, thanks for the guide!
    Galactic Horde.
    edited July 2014
    Wow I hadn't even known about these, thanks for the guide!

No problem
  • memworldmemworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Again, very nice work. I did not know about these zones as well. Now I will have to try them out.
    edited August 2014
    memworld wrote: »
    Again, very nice work. I did not know about these zones as well. Now I will have to try them out.

Thank you, its good to come back from vacation and see a compliment