test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy and K'vort Class: This isn't Going Away, Cryptic

salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
Since we never get tired asking for this, let's do it one more time to show Cryptic/PWE we really really want it. Hint, hint Cryptic/PWE. If you fix these issues, many of us will pay you MONEY!!!

#1 Add the K'vort class to the game. That's all just put it in the damn game as a 2500 zen purchase or whatever plus a slightly better fleet version. Just put this damn ship into the damn game. Please. Unless you don't like money...

#2 Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. This ship is too tanky. Most players who watch Star Trek shows, heck most people in general, enjoy TNG as their favorite Star Trek show. Therefore many of us want to use the Galaxy class but you have managed to make it too tanky and not tactical, science enough for the general user. The ship as it is does not reflect the capabilities of the ship in the show.

The Galaxy class is an all around exploration vessel. Not a pure "tank." It should have better combat and science abilities at the expense of the ridiculous amount of engineering powers that it has. Let some other ship have this level of tankiness. I believe that virtually every player would love you forever if you change the bridge officer slots to reflect my choices below. Also, don't forget, this is something that we will pay you REAL money for.

Current Boff Slots - Fleet Galaxy
Lieutenant
Commander
Lt. Commander
Ensign

Lieutenant

Preferred NEW Boff Slots - Fleet Galaxy
Lieutenant
Ensign

Commander
Lieutenant

Lt. Commander
When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
Post edited by salazarraze on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good. I needed something to take my mind off crafting.

*grabs popcorn*
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If existing BOFF configurations change to anyything except universal, there will be a lot of angry players. Including myself.

Personally, I think that if the BOFF config changes on the Galaxy, its current config should be transferred to a new ship.

Edit: Also, there's an existing thread for Galaxy re-reboot discussion.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1149241
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    While we are flogging dead equines lets not forget that the galaxy revamp didn't actually revamp the galaxy... That was a fair disappointment.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Give it up dude. You got the best Galaxy class update their gonna do. Geko doesn't like TNG and he doesn't care about the forum goers so you might as well make peace with it and move on.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wasn't the Galaxy "revamp" just a Galaxy-X revamp at the end of the day?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Lieutenant
    Ensign

Commander
    Lieutenant

Lt. Commander

Actually , I'd like the D'Deridex outline for the Fleet version :

Lieutenant Commander
    Ensign

Commander
    Lt. Commander
    Ensign Universal

Turn Rate:5
    Inertia rating:25
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since we never get tired asking for this, let's do it one more time to show Cryptic/PWE we really really want it. Hint, hint Cryptic/PWE. If you fix these issues, many of us will pay you MONEY!!!

#1 Add the K'vort class to the game. That's all just put it in the damn game as a 2500 zen purchase or whatever plus a slightly better fleet version. Just put this damn ship into the damn game. Please. Unless you don't like money...

#2 Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit. This ship is too tanky. Most players who watch Star Trek shows, heck most people in general, enjoy TNG as their favorite Star Trek show. Therefore many of us want to use the Galaxy class but you have managed to make it too tanky and not tactical, science enough for the general user. The ship as it is does not reflect the capabilities of the ship in the show.

The Galaxy class is an all around exploration vessel. Not a pure "tank." It should have better combat and science abilities at the expense of the ridiculous amount of engineering powers that it has. Let some other ship have this level of tankiness. I believe that virtually every player would love you forever if you change the bridge officer slots to reflect my choices below. Also, don't forget, this is something that we will pay you REAL money for.

Current Boff Slots - Fleet Galaxy
    Lieutenant
    Commander
    Lt. Commander
    Ensign

Lieutenant

Lieutenant
    Ensign

Commander
    Lieutenant

Lt. Commander

*grabs popcorn and waits for the lock*
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    I believe this may be a candidate for the F.C.T. Bluegeek or Askray can confirm.

exactly my point :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (...)

I won't :D

While I have said everything about a possible new Galaxy, I want to say that I won't pay them money for a new shiney. It's just gone, no in-game item will ever motivate me to spend money on this game ever again and I personally think it would b a good thing if at least the more vocal crowd of (rightfully) complaining people wouldn't willingly throw money at Cryptic for minor shinies over and over again. Sorry, this wasn't directed at you specifically, it just went through my mind.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I won't :D

While I have said everything about a possible new Galaxy, I want to say that I won't pay them money for a new shiney. It's just gone, no in-game item will ever motivate me to spend money on this game ever again and I personally think it would b a good thing if at least the more vocal crowd of (rightfully) complaining people wouldn't willingly throw money at Cryptic for minor shinies over and over again. Sorry, this wasn't directed at you specifically, it just went through my mind.

That's fine. It's an FTP game. I'm willing to pay, you aren't. The business model works.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We're not discussing the Galaxy anywhere but one place, per the thread here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1149241

I'm not aware that the Devs have made any statement about the K'vort. Feel free to start a thread about that in the Klingon Shipyard forum.

EDIT: Updated text as the Galaxy is indeed not mentioned on the FCT.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.