test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Damage Control Engineer question

l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Recently I bought a damage control engineer with the structural integrity field ability.
It say that the ability, if it procs, repairs additional 1.1 hitpoints every 1 sec for 10 sec.
The ship I am using has 46681 hull, and in space the ability Tooltip shows me that the heal would be 182 hitpoints.

My question is: what does the 1.1 stand for and how it is calculated?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    l3ct3r wrote: »
    Recently I bought a damage control engineer with the structural integrity field ability.
    It say that the ability, if it procs, repairs additional 1.1 hitpoints every 1 sec for 10 sec.
    The ship I am using has 46681 hull, and in space the ability Tooltip shows me that the heal would be 182 hitpoints.

My question is: what does the 1.1 stand for and how it is calculated?

Where did you see the 1.1? On the ground? Then it's probably based on your character's ground stats, and thus makes no real sense to use.

It's been a long-standing issue that the tooltips are only useful if you're in the right type of map. Ground tooltips won't make sense on space maps and vice versa.

Could be that it's based on a percentage of your hit points. Around 0.39 % perhaps? (Possibly affected by skills to get the number...) Or it could be a fixed value that was modified by skills.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    l3ct3rl3ct3r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Tooltip shows 1.1 in the excange, and on the ESD. The Sto-wiki shows the same stats.
    But in space it only shows the mentioned 182 hitpoints... and that would be 0.39% as you pointed out.

I am confused.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When you view some space stuff on the ground, it'll be scaled as if it were affecting a ground character.

I don't recall offhand how much the SIF doff heals, but 182/s sounds about right.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does it scale with aux power, like A2SIF does?

Also, be sure to be in local space when looking. Not sector space. Sector space doesn't calculate things properly because it doesn't have to. It's only for navigation.