test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lost in the Conversion: Schematics

canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
In all the talk leading up to 9.5s release I don't recall any mention of the schematics from the old system outside of mention of making the Horta Combat Pet schematics a DOFF mission prompt item. I assumed that it was just something of a given that like all the other materials and components of the old crafting system these items would be included in some fashion.

They haven't been. I'd like to know if anybody saw something I missed and if the Devs just overlooked them or simply assumed we'd trash them at the vendor. And before anyone wonders why I've got unused schematics laying around I'll point towards "The Vault" story mission where you could "scan" various places in the final chamber and receive schematics.
Post edited by canis36 on

Comments

• Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't forget the Defera materials...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

I've not checked, but I thought I remembered one of the Devs commenting that they were going to leave the Defera Crafting station in operation.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    I've not checked, but I thought I remembered one of the Devs commenting that they were going to leave the Defera Crafting station in operation.

Yeah, which sucks a bit. Defera should grant you new recipes for the main crafting system...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I want to point out that on the Fleet starbases, the R&D consoles appear to still be on the old crafting system. no idea if they actually work, since I already converted all my materials.
  • Options
    mozohamozoha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A little off topic: What to do with the Aegis set in my bank. I thought I had read that the Aegis set would be upgraded to Mark 12 but it still has the rank up icon on it. The aegis set is in my account bank and I put it there thinking I could make some money on it. Any advice with what I should do with it would be appreciated and I am sorry for hijacking your thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The existing Aegis set I had on an inactive ship was indeed upgraded. Check the stats.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or the Strange alien arifacts/Powered alien Artifacts.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014

And how exactly are they going to do that??? so we going to have now 2 different crafting systems?? :eek:,. Nah, just forget about defera materials, period. Cryptic will just wipe out any possibility of using em as crafting materials. I smell it. I know em very well xD.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Add the unique plasma ground weapons to the list of things lost.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    The existing Aegis set I had on an inactive ship was indeed upgraded. Check the stats.

Well, mine wasnt. And i had it equiped in one of my toons.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, mine wasnt. And i had it equiped in one of my toons.

Did you actually check the stats? Are the set bonuses wrong?

My Aegis does not say Mk XII. AFAIK, nobody has one that is labeled Mk XII, and supposedly it only shows it as Mk XII for the Ultra-Rare versions. However, the stats on my Aegis set are correct, the set bonus is that hit negation thing.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mozoha wrote: »
    A little off topic: What to do with the Aegis set in my bank. I thought I had read that the Aegis set would be upgraded to Mark 12 but it still has the rank up icon on it. The aegis set is in my account bank and I put it there thinking I could make some money on it. Any advice with what I should do with it would be appreciated and I am sorry for hijacking your thread.

it upgraded. and it's worth taking for a spin. I like it so far. you will know it upgraded because it will give you a power that has the feedback pulse icon
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it upgraded. and it's worth taking for a spin. I like it so far. you will know it upgraded because it will give you a power that has the feedback pulse icon
    yeah, I tried it out in a fleet alert and it was awesome!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Old unbound ones never got changed to be identical to new ones. The stats did get changed but the binding never altered from character bind on equip to account bind on equip hence why we apparently now have several varieties of Aegis set.

On topic though there is a dev post a little while ago to say schematics will not have anything done with them so they may as well be vendored.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    defera materials are still used on defera as old crafting. so they dont really fit in the same cetergory as schematics.
    those turret making is that still doff assigment in engineering? (turret schematics i think they are called)
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In all the talk leading up to 9.5s release I don't recall any mention of the schematics from the old system outside of mention of making the Horta Combat Pet schematics a DOFF mission prompt item. I assumed that it was just something of a given that like all the other materials and components of the old crafting system these items would be included in some fashion.

They haven't been. I'd like to know if anybody saw something I missed and if the Devs just overlooked them or simply assumed we'd trash them at the vendor. And before anyone wonders why I've got unused schematics laying around I'll point towards "The Vault" story mission where you could "scan" various places in the final chamber and receive schematics.
    maybe schematics could be transformed in specific catalysts. beam schematic to beam catalyst, cannon schematics to cannon catalysts.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    binebane wrote: »
    maybe schematics could be transformed in specific catalysts. beam schematic to beam catalyst, cannon schematics to cannon catalysts.

Unlikely. Catalysts are intended to be a purely monetized addition to the system.