test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support Colonization Efforts

trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Hello,

The removal of the exploration clusters seems to have removed the ability to get most Support <Location> Colonization Efforts. Before 9.5 these missions were sometimes in the 'current map' category, but a lot of them appeared under the 'operations' department head while in the exploration cluster. From looking over the new cluster interaction points, it appears that only missions that were from the old 'current map' were included in the interaction and none of the others.

I haven't done these missions in awhile so all the timers should have reset, and the only I managed to get was Support Rolor Nebula Colonization Efforts.
Post edited by trv13 on

Comments

• patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they are still there, i've already done some of them. don't know if they also have a timer but they appear random. Betreka is totally broken
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just managed to find Support Khazan Cluster Colonization Efforts. However I'm quite sure that the problem lies with the 'current map' missions being transferred and not 'operations' department missions. I've done these missions dozens of times, it was always one of those two categories, most often from 'operations'.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    trv13 wrote: »
    Hello,

The removal of the exploration clusters seems to have removed the ability to get most Support <Location> Colonization Efforts. Before 9.5 these missions were sometimes in the 'current map' category, but a lot of them appeared under the 'operations' department head while in the exploration cluster. From looking over the new cluster interaction points, it appears that only missions that were from the old 'current map' were included in the interaction and none of the others.

I haven't done these missions in awhile so all the timers should have reset, and the only I managed to get was Support Rolor Nebula Colonization Efforts.

They're there, you just don't get to check under both Current Map and Operations now... it's Interact or nothing. This was one of several points of feedback that came from Tribble prior the the removal of the Cluster maps, along with the inability to use Bridge Invites to help out other players wishing to do assignments in that Cluster.

If you want to fish out your official Tinfoil Hat, you might start thinking that maybe they wanted to cut back on the availability of the B'Tran Technicians... and that's why you can't ask your Department Heads about Cluster assignments now :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you might start thinking that maybe they wanted to cut back on the availability of the B'Tran Technicians.

They wanted to cut ALL clusters' DOFFs, not just technicians. I think that it was the main reason of clusters removal.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    They wanted to cut ALL clusters' DOFFs, not just technicians. I think that it was the main reason of clusters removal.

I have been thinking the exact same thing.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well they cut it down a lot - not only can you not get a 2nd chance from Current Map / Dept Head Ops (along with bridge invite), they also increased the rotation time. The new cluster maps use the Department head Timer for resets which is 20 hours, instead of the current map timer which is 4 hours. Now for each faction you have the chance of only 2 or 3 supports up every day instead of the possibility of getting 6-10 going if you log in multiple times a day. I am glad all of my characters have all the doff chains done, because it will be a royal pain now.
  • wunn42wunn42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't seen a single Support XXXX Colony mission since the patch. I'm not even trying for the technician :(
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, it does seem that "Support Colony" / "Support Expansion" missions appear much less often than before.

I dunno if I was having extremely bad luck in the two weeks prior to season 9.5, but I did the around 20 "Support" missions and only got 2 critical success even though I ensured that my critical success was at least 30%. Since season 9.5 I have done the "Support" mission 6 times with no critical success yet.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alexvio1 wrote: »

Yup, that is why we do not have bridge invites anymore for the colonization chains. We were bad, bad players for inviting others on our bridge for these missions.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, that is why we do not have bridge invites anymore for the colonization chains. We were bad, bad players for inviting others on our bridge for these missions.
    FYI, you should stop wearing tinfoil hats...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Maybe, but all my toons have less access to the Support missions. Getting "free" rare or very rare is being slowed down- right?!?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I can't, I haven't gotten the costume unlock yet... they even leaked an image of it on Twitter :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​