test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about faction choice

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Romulan Discussion
So, for a rom, when do you make your faction decision?

When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store? You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

Just wondering how all that works.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014

When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store? You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

You can use all ships of your ally except rear/vice admiral ships.

And no, there are no Fleets specifically for romulans. You can join a fleet of your alliance's faction.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014

There's a mission at 9+ called Turning Point, where you select your ally.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Turning_Point
    When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store?

You can fly/buy T1-T4 ships of your allied faction. You can't fly their T5 ships.

You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

Correct, you can join a fleet for that faction you allied yourself with...

Don't forget any of the faction specific restrictions that will also come into play regarding BOFFs/DOFFs/PvE Queues/etc/etc/etc...
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ah, I see. Thanks, you two.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Plasmonic Leech & Aceton Assimilators are C-Store account unlocks on KDF. As well as access to Elite Fleet Disruptors :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Plasmonic Leech & Aceton Assimilators are C-Store account unlocks on KDF. As well as access to Elite Fleet Disruptors :cool:

^This ... If you want the Plasmonic Leech (and almost everyone does) Go with the Klingon option ... That plus the Valdore (mogai variant C-Store ship) Console (Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator) equal two of the best, most wanted Consoles in the game.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah just to give you an idea... on the Fed side you can get the three series ships (Galaxy / Enterprise-D, Intrepid / Voyager, and Defiant) and the CStore refit versions thereof.... but nothing better than them.

those are practically the worst choice ships of their respective ship type for feds (not romulans). I'm not even sure how your post fits into this thread.

also, you can't even get the ships you named as a fed romulan...atleast not the refit versions, since they are all T5.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    those are practically the worst choice ships of their respective ship type for feds (not romulans). I'm not even sure how your post fits into this thread.

also, you can't even get the ships you named as a fed romulan...atleast not the refit versions, since they are all T5.

He meant the T4 refits of them.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ltdata96 wrote: »
    And no, there are no Fleets specifically for romulans. You can join a fleet of your alliance's faction.

This is not strictly true. There are fleets which are specifically for Romulans, in that they accept only Romulans. But no, there is as yet no game mechanic for fleets other than Starfleet and KDF.

I regard my fleet as a Romulan fleet, because I started it with my Main, who is a Romulan, and because we have worked to give it a Romulan "atmosphere." However, we are not exclusionist (we also accept "pure" KDF members), but we are elite.
  • Options
    cloudjumper190cloudjumper190 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Faction choice begins very early around level 10 and can be achieved in under an hour if you know how the game works. You can use faction choice ships, but they do cost C-store credits, or refined dilithium in order to use them. The good news is that you only have to purchase them once, and they unlock for all your character creations. The bad news is that they aren't cheap. The lower level ships cost anywhere to equivalent of 5 to 7 US Dollars, and the upper levels are anywhere from 20 to 25.

As far as fleet is concerned, I don't know how that works. I've played for just over a year now, only joined 1 fleet about 3 months in to playing, and it lasted about 30 minutes. 1 bad experience is all it took to keep me away from them all. I haven't joined one since and don't plan on it.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I fly an Intrepid refit with Fleet gear, it works perfectly fine, so don't worry, tier 4.5 is perfectly viable.