test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

White R&D doff types

defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Hello,

I have plenty of doffs and wonder maybe i can wipe some R&D holograms, just want to confirm about those R&D holograms types. All their specializations are Fabricaton Engineer, but they go in the different departments, eg. tactical, security and etc...

If i check their info, eg. first R&D hologram's in roster, i see something like:

Department: Tactical
Specialization: Fabrication Engineer
Current status: Emergency R&D hologram: Projectile Weapons officer is on reserve

I suppose their real DOFF specialization is writen in current status description and specialization info is wrong? Anyone can confirm that this doff is regular Projectile weapons officer? as i have plenty of projectile purples, so i can delete this one.
Post edited by defiant8472 on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I opened one box, saw that they are common doffs...then i deleted them and used my very rare doffs to craft. Also the doff requisition mission for R&D cost 1k dilithium, so i didn't start those mission either.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Who cares, just get rid of em... :P
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They are junk. get rid of them.
  • Options
    defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok, already did :)
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can run them through the officer exchange program for something useful, and sell those.
  • Options
    cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok so I deleted all my hologram R&D doffs.

Major question, to craft a TR-116 it calls for a "ground" doff or something like that. Anyway,

when I hit the select officer pull down it doesn't show any available doffs. All of the other

weapons to craft take an assault officer doff which I have plenty. So how is this special doff

obtained, and if you say on the Exchange please tell me how to search for one cause I've looked

all over it and can't find any. I've tried the "request R&D assistance" mission at the academy like

4 times now and haven't got any doffs from that just components.

If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I would really be grateful :)

Thank you in advance :)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    cokeymon wrote: »

Major question, to craft a TR-116 it calls for a "ground" doff or something like that. Anyway,

when I hit the select officer pull down it doesn't show any available doffs. All of the other

weapons to craft take an assault officer doff which I have plenty. So how is this special doff

obtained, and if you say on the Exchange please tell me how to search for one cause I've looked

all over it and can't find any. I've tried the "request R&D assistance" mission at the academy like

Welcome to gaps in the R&D system. In the rush to get things completed, they only made white doffs for the R&D assistance and purple ones exclusively for the Xindi lockbox. The other one being the fact that crafting ground weapons doesn't give the mods adjudicatorhawk promised.

Well, there is also the new mods not working problem, but frankly, the game has so many bugs in it, it's pointless to keep mentioning them because they seem to be stuck in limbo forever because of the endless "we have to push more content" craze.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,355 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    cokeymon wrote: »

The special DOFF is obtained from the "Request R&D Assistance" assignment at the Academy. From what I understand those DOFFs can only be searched on the Exchange by name: Hinni and Zissiox (FED), Kuristalla and Kraang (KDF). Although, I saw where some were reporting that Zissiox is missing the R&D trait that would make it actually able to craft the TR-116B.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The special DOFF is obtained from the "Request R&D Assistance" assignment at the Academy. From what I understand those DOFFs can only be searched on the Exchange by name: Hinni and Zissiox (FED), Kuristalla and Kraang (KDF). Although, I saw where some were reporting that Zissiox is missing the R&D trait that would make it actually able to craft the TR-116B.
    Was looking to see if I could pick up Hinni for one of my alts today, there was only one on the exchange, listed at 25 million! Soreb, the purple Xindi version, is "just" 32 million.

Just FYI.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    In the rush to get things completed, they only made white doffs for the R&D assistance and purple ones exclusively for the Xindi lockbox.

What makes you think that wasn't entirely intentional?
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's a comprehensive list over on reddit of Common DOffs that can craft L15 projects like the TR-116B and Omni Beam Arrays:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2dscos/level_15_crafting_doffs_get_schooled/

I managed to snag the ones I needed for cheap beforehand from the exchange, but last time I checked, they were 40~50k EC each (I think).
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you to all who took the time to help me out, I appreciate it :)