test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anti Proton Beams Graphically Disapearing

trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

I've been having this problem with my anti-proton beam arrays where they don't render depending on the angle I'm viewing them. It seems they don't appear while certain graphical effects are behind them, effects such as clouds, rifts, sheilds from other ships, etc.

I'm a game developer, I'm guessing its something to do with the shader render order for the transparent effects queue. Thus other transparent effects are over writing my anti proton beam arrays making them 'disapear'.
Post edited by trv13 on

Comments

• philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We feel your pain....

Please see here... here... here... here... here...

Best of luck...:confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there any way to tweak my settings to fix these issues?
    edited July 2014
    trv13 wrote: »
    Is there any way to tweak my settings to fix these issues?

Prayer??? :P

I have lost count of the number of settings I've tried. Some days I seriously consider dropping a couple grand on a new system, but many people that are having similar problems are using as good a system as my 2 grand would buy.

Much depends on the content your playing (CE is a killer); or on how much or type of F/X spam is being generated by other players (Gravity well, etc) in the instance your in.

You can try downgrading your graphics settings till you get your performance back to an acceptable level. I tried this but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth after enjoying maxed settings since starting to play STO. For me this all started with the release of Season 9.

For your reference, my system is a stock HP Pavillion HPE h8-1020, i7-2600S CPU @ 2.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, with an upgraded power supply (Coolmax 600W), powering an ASUS EAH6850 graphics card (Radeon 6850) with 1gig GDDR5 memory.

I am hoping now that Season 9.5 has been released, that the Devs will address this issue.

In the mean time, read through the links I posted above, and try some of the fixes posted. And remember, your not alone.... :)

PS. One of the posters in the "Invisible weapons..." thread is running an Intel Core i7-4820k CPU @ 3.70GHz, 8gb ram Win 7 64bit Nvida Geforce GTX 680. Another poster there stated a GTX Titan was having the same problem.

For fun lets look at PassMark video card benchmark G3D Marks for these cards;

Mine - 2,238
    GTX 680 - 5,715
    GTX Titan - 8,000

Conclusion.... you're in good company...
    Are we there yet?
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the help.

I've come to the same conclusion as others. It seems to be an engine problem.

I tried lots of settings and none of them seem to really resolve the issue.

I feel I have a somewhat better experience using DX11 instead of DX9 but the graphics issues remain.

I was on DS9 messing around creating balloons with the balloon gun and I managed to make so many that some of the balloons started flickering in and out too. I really hope they fix these graphic issues with Delta Rising.
    edited August 2014
    trv13 wrote: »

*snip

I really hope they fix these graphic issues with Delta Rising.

Me too... ;)
    Are we there yet?