test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone know what to do with schematics

chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
I have Lots of schematics saved up. can you trade those in for anything with the new system? I so hope so though it looks like its only ec for now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have Lots of schematics saved up. can you trade those in for anything with the new system? I so hope so though it looks like its only ec for now.

I am holding on to mine, and would suggest the same thing, they may be needed at some point.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Prototype Schematics I would definitely keep. They are used for special doff missions. The ones that you could get from The Vault, or from Memory Alpha... I don't think they'll be used anymore, but throw them in your bank just in case they do get used.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have my bank cluttered with them. I hope we will at least be able to cash them in for their original vendor purchase price (10k EC each I think it was?)
  • opak1opak1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually got one of these in a DOFF mission yesterday. It popped up in my list and I was curious if they changed the reward for it. They have not.

I was thinking about contacting Temporal Investigations but I really hate that form...

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Been wondering what's gonna happen with the schematics that were necessary in the old crafting system, everything else (samples, unrep. mats., etc.) got taken care of during the conversion...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Been wondering what's gonna happen with the schematics that were necessary in the old crafting system, everything else (samples, unrep. mats., etc.) got taken care of during the conversion...
    The old Delta Data Daily Shuttle Diagnostic Data was even included!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IF Cryptic tells you to trash them, be sure to hold onto them...

Anyone remember Stormshades statement about "use your marks before they get burned"?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    IF Cryptic tells you to trash them, be sure to hold onto them...

Anyone remember Stormshades statement about "use your marks before they get burned"?
    Well, this time Stormshade isn't here.... And so far I've gotten blues for them. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I was able to still craft my combat horta, with no crafting xp at all. I needed some sort of component, which you couldn't really see, but after converting samples, I could start the mission.

IIRC, I right-clicked the schematic, 'use', and the mission to convert it came up. (I had the horta hatchling in inventory). Couldn't scroll the 'needed' items, but after cancelling, the mission appeared in my personal mission tab, which I could then see I needed some common components. Converted some samples, and was able to make my horta.

haven't tried any other schematics; yrmv

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)