test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Trait Changes?

lordharco1lordharco1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
EPS Manifold EFF no longer gives power increase to Emergncy power activation But to battery activation only WTF. Is there more we need to know about?
Post edited by lordharco1 on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Um...I just checked, and I'm still getting it with EPtX abilities on my three Engineers.
  • lordharco1lordharco1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    logged out and back on and is working but the disscription no longer states the emergency power part of the trait
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Um...I just checked, and I'm still getting it with EPtX abilities on my three Engineers.

I agree. considering its not hard for my engineer to get high energy with just EPtS and RMC im at just about 125 on all subsystems with the default Balanced mode.
    edited July 2014
    lordharco1 wrote: »
    logged out and back on and is working but the disscription no longer states the emergency power part of the trait

Hrmmm, EPtX are the first things mentioned in the paragraph description in the details or when you hover over the trait as one you've selected.

The "^Less" aspect does just say: Batteries give a secondary boost to all subsystems. :but I can't remember it saying something different before.

Could it be the "*When activating any Starship Batter: +10 to All Subsystem Power for 10 sec" thing changed? Meh, that I can't remember it saying any different before.

Cryptic Tooltips, though, can oft be an adventure unto themselves unfortunately...bah.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Cryptic Tooltips, though, can oft be an adventure unto themselves unfortunately...bah.

"So, is this a strength boost or a final bonus?"

*Runs and hides*
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited July 2014
    "So, is this a strength boost or a final bonus?"

*Runs and hides*

Heh, I'm enjoying the new S9.5 stuff.
    It actually goes beyond that with regard to Pattern Recognition, and I really wish somebody could answer something regarding it...cause...Cryptic is playing loose with terminology, meh.

From the blog:

"Pattern Recognition: Each stack grants +2% Defense and +2% Hardened Shields"

From the Item Information right-clicking it on the Exchange:

"Pattern Recognition - Trait
    While in combat, your ability to defend against enemy starships will gradually improve, represented by an increase in defense and shield hardness. This bonus will be lost when combat ends. Each stack of Pattern Recognition (up to 4 max) grants:
    +2.5% Defense
    +1.25% Shield Resilience"

So yeah, there might be the focus on the +2% vs. +1.25%...but what actually caught my eye, and thus the reason that I created another thread asking about it was not the +2% vs. +1.25%; but rather the "hardened/hardness" vs. "resilience" - because they're two different things as presented elsewhere.

Hardened/Hardness is presented as an increase in Shield Damage Reduction while Resilience is presented as a decrease in Shield Penetration/Bleedthrough.

So is this trait actually providing a boost to Shield Damage Reduction or is the trait providing a boost reducing the amount of Shield Penetration/Bleedthrough?

To be honest, I didn't even notice the hardened/hardness part - cause I just skimmed the blog and I didn't read the paragraph in the Item Information. I just saw the +1.25% Shield Resilience bit. And a reduction to Shield Penetration (along with Defense) appeared to be the counter to the other trait, Intense Focus...which provides a boost to Accuracy and Shield Penetration. +Acc/+Bleed vs. +Def/-Bleed...seem like a good mirror-like pairing, right?

But then there's the hardened/hardness part in the blog and in the paragraph for the Item Information...which would be something else - with the term Shield Hardness appearing in the info for the Nanoprobe Field Generator trait which provides increased Shield Damage Reduction.

So uh...just what does Pattern Recognition actually provide there, eh?

edit: Then again, to make this more fun (and complicated) - the Penetration...is it actually Penetration or is it Penetration? Cause the [Pen] mod on weapons is not increased bleed, it's an inline reduction to Hull Damage Resistance. So that's something that they're using the same term to mean more than one thing. So perhaps the Pattern Recognition is an increase in Shield Damage Reduction while Intense Focus is a decrease in Shield Damage Reduction, eh? Really wish they'd only use each term to reflect a single thing, meh.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heh, I'm enjoying the new S9.5 stuff.

Oh man, I was just joking because I'm sure you get asked about "strength & bonus" stuff all the time ;)
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited July 2014
    Oh man, I was just joking because I'm sure you get asked about "strength & bonus" stuff all the time ;)

Have to admit, I like some of the work they've done in trying to touch up the tooltips to get things at least labeled as one or the other...even if the underlying mechanics might still be confusing to some. IMHO, it's better to have Damage and Bonus Damage listed there, where somebody might know the difference than just to have Damage listed there while there is a hidden difference.