test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Xindi outfit

ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
So, just to get the ball rolling, what do people think of the new Xindi outfit?

Personally, I like it. I'm curious to see what the colour options are like, but otherwise I can see it looking great on most characters (especially KDF chars). Also, am I the only one who thinks it would make a great stand-in for Cardassian armour?

My two cents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ambassadormolari on

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Well considering the Reman costume it's based on is a accurate as Cryptics Olympic Class, I'd say 'meah'.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have both, the soldier one from the boff is pretty much the same as the Reman Nemisis uniform, which is actually what it was in Enterprise, a reused Nem uniform with extra bits tacked on like the chest cage. So if you're familier with the Reman uniform, you'll know what to expect.

The robe on the other hand.... very much disappointed with it, for 200 lobi you can get a chest cage with a wider shoulder and a bit more bulk and a dirty stained robe that looks like it hasn't been washed in forever. Somewhat like the Kahn top, it has a dirty look to it that only looks decent in darker colours. I like all the other lobi costumes, hell I own all the other lobi ones as I really do like them without exception, but the Xindi costume is an absoloute joke for 200 lobi.

Edit: As for colour options, the parts have a fed off duty costume parts style colour options. So a lot to choose from there.

Second edit: for 200 lobi, you can own this robe and chest cage. http://i.imgur.com/5wFmSIc.jpg
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    how much are the two going for the Exchange?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ehhhhhhhhhh not that exciting. Still, maybe it could be combined with other things for a really alien look. I guess that depends on if it can......
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ehhhhhhhhhh not that exciting. Still, maybe it could be combined with other things for a really alien look. I guess that depends on if it can......
    Allegedly it's a regular uniform unlock. Oh and if you get the boff you get it too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Allegedly it's a regular uniform unlock. Oh and if you get the boff you get it too.

The robe one I linked above is 200 lobi from the costumes tab, the boff for 300 lobi comes with the other costume that is somewhat like the reman nemesis uniform with a less bulky chest cage.

I did combine the robe above with some of the new Bortasqu' parts to make this - http://i.imgur.com/aBeRNz3.jpg - still not the best looking outfit but it can kinda work as a long coat. I could perhaps lose the shoulder pads and collar.

Edit: Alrighty, so in friendlier colours this time :P

Just the robe and bigger chest cage (Reptillian Officer - 200 Lobi)

Uniform and smaller chest cage (Reptillian Soldier - 300 Lobi for boff with this unlock)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it possible to have this costume show without the cage? They'd look like nice outfits to wear, but can't stand the "ribcage" portion...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited July 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Is it possible to have this costume show without the cage? They'd look like nice outfits to wear, but can't stand the "ribcage" portion...

Thanks!
    CM

Yup, the cage is just a chest part so you can leave it off.:)
    From another thread, a list of errors with Cryptics version of the Reman Warriors costume (as the Xindi Reptilian costume is just that with the chest hoops, not other modifications). The costume should look like 3 (below) with the hoops.

Reman Nemesis
    14610760011_47b5928856_o.png
    This was one of the best bits about Nemesis, the Remans, however the ingame version is a massive let-down. There are a number of missing pieces and errors with the ingame Reman uniforms.
    (NB: It would be nice to get these fixed as the Reman warrior costume was reused in ENT as the [REDACTED] costume, which will be appearing in [REDACTED] soon).
    1) Ingame costume- Reman warrior (incorrect boots, missing gloves, two piece tunic, it should be a jumpsuit, belt piece is too high, the collar should split at the front, the shoulders should resemble 3 and 5).
    2) The correct boots, using the shoes for the ingame armours works fine as a replacement.
    3) How the Reman warrior costume should look (excluding shoes).
    4) Costume with Shinzons shoulder armour.
    5) The basic warriors shoulder area on the jumpsuit.
    6) The ingame shoulder armour (doesn’t match Shinzon or the Viceroys armour).
    7) The Viceroys costume (Shinzons is identical except the shoulder armour- see 4).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    defalus wrote: »
    Yup, the cage is just a chest part so you can leave it off.:)

Thank you! :)

My follow-up to this would now be: Are these uniforms or off-duty? Can a com badge be worn on them?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited July 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Thank you! :)

My follow-up to this would now be: Are these uniforms or off-duty? Can a com badge be worn on them?

CM

They're in both duty and off duty and I cannot wear a badge with them.

This is as a KDF character so I can't say for Fed, sorry.:)