test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

two Qs about new crafting

ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
1) Can I discard all these white holographic doffs or do I need them for anything? I have 100+ keeper DOFFs on all toons already. These things only seem to be for filling R&D projects and it looks like my regular DOFFs work the same (better). Just wanted to be sure before I discarded D'vex again.

2) Which school has the Field Generator console? Thats the only reason I capped R&D before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The white doffs are literally just filler doffs to let you get started if you don't have a large doff roster (i.e. you're playing a new character and just unlocked crafting). Being white quality and having no traits for regular assignments, they're the lowest quality doffs available. Discard them at will.
  • schposchpo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If i'm corect the thing you're looking for is the CONSOLE - SCIENCE - EXOTIC PARTICLE FIELD EXCITER. It's in the science school. Lvl 15. req, gives

+31.9 starship flow cap
    +31.9 starship particle gen
    +21.2% Maximum shield
    When shields are healed applies field exciter for 15 sec
    *+10 weapon power

This are the stats for a ultra rare one.

On the other hand, does someone know how much exp do we need for each lvl? Is there a table or something we can see exp per school level?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Found the old Field Generator console, its a choice in SCIENCE - Item - Science Console

Click the checkbox at the top-right corner of the UI for "show high level" and everything is revealed
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've actually never opened the crafting "starter pack". The list of contents just isn't worth it for me, so off it goes into a dark dusty corner of my bank.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I'm doing each school I'm interested in on a diff toon with the 20h projects. Up until now, the only extra mod items I've seen are all weapons. I might be proved wrong later, but right now it seems they lacked creativity to add more than 1 new mod to shields and deflectors while weapons got all the extras.
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    schpo wrote: »
    If i'm corect the thing you're looking for is the CONSOLE - SCIENCE - EXOTIC PARTICLE FIELD EXCITER. It's in the science school. Lvl 15. req, gives

+31.9 starship flow cap
    +31.9 starship particle gen
    +21.2% Maximum shield
    When shields are healed applies field exciter for 15 sec
    *+10 weapon power

This are the stats for a ultra rare one.

On the other hand, does someone know how much exp do we need for each lvl? Is there a table or something we can see exp per school level?

I have some of the numbers at home, ill post em when i get there. Off the top of my head, lvl 15 is around 800k XP and lvl 20 is almost precisely 2 million XP
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I'm doing each school I'm interested in on a diff toon with the 20h projects. Up until now, the only extra mod items I've seen are all weapons. I might be proved wrong later, but right now it seems they lacked creativity to add more than 1 new mod to shields and deflectors while weapons got all the extras.

DOH, how did i not think of doing different schools on different characters.

Its one of those days :D
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are each of the crafted items still bind on equip? I ask because I did my crafting on one toon previously, and would like to continue to do so... So, can I craft a console or a 360° beam on one toon and account-bank-move it to another toon?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited July 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Are each of the crafted items still bind on equip? I ask because I did my crafting on one toon previously, and would like to continue to do so... So, can I craft a console or a 360° beam on one toon and account-bank-move it to another toon?

Thanks!
    CM

yup, send em to other toons, sell em, whatever you want
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    DOH, how did i not think of doing different schools on different characters.

Its one of those days :D

Alts to split up the work - good. Trying to keep track of all the materials and samples - not good.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited July 2014
    Alts to split up the work - good. Trying to keep track of all the materials and samples - not good.

keeping tracks of 13k mats *dies*
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    keeping tracks of 13k mats *dies*

Surprised I have not seen a R&D account inventory for sale in the C store just for this.

They create the need and then sell the solution.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited July 2014
    Surprised I have not seen a R&D account inventory for sale in the C store just for this.

They create the need and then sell the solution.

Well, at least it looks like crafting inventory is the same size as standard inventory, quite a relief. But even with the mats stacking to 999, eventually im gonna run out of room in account bank, gotta store contraband and lobi in there, that leaves 5 slots
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I might be proved wrong later, but right now it seems they lacked creativity to add more than 1 new mod to shields and deflectors while weapons got all the extras.
    IDC if there is only one mod on the consoles. Actually I dont even care if there are no mods. I just want to be able to make blue Mk XI Field Gen consoles again, better would be cool, dont care after that. Cant buy them from fleet or dil stores, so this is the only place to get them, the only reason I am messing with this stuff.