test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Done Doffing

williampetersenwilliampetersen Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I quit. I refuse to use this new, horrible UI. It's not just about functionality, it's that you're making a change just for the sake of change. I like the old UI. A lot. It was comfortable, I was used to using it, I could navigate it with my eyes closed. It was like a comfortable shoe. And you screwed it all up. Doffing was one of my favorite activities in STO, and without it, I likely just won't even log in. I know I sound hyperbolic, but I'm just being earnest. I cannot fathom why it's unacceptable to give us the option to use a UI that was already in the bloody game instead of just forcing everyone to use something that had such vocal objection. I get some people like the new UI, that's awesome, I'm really happy for you, but some of us absolutely detest it.

The best part is that WoW's new Follower system's WiP UI looks more like what I want to interact with than your new UI, and they're practically just 'stealing' your system. So good job pushing me towards your competition.

Seven words that seem to go severely undervalued in game development: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" (possibly because game reviewers expect everything to be 'revolutionary,' but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).
Post edited by williampetersen on

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree the patch has ruined one of the best parts of STO. The new Doff UI hurts my eyes and it much harder to use. Its just flat out x10 worse.
  • Options
    hipposoft1701hipposoft1701 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot believe that nobody on tribble told you how bad this is! No ability to filter doff choice, no way of not selecting the same doff again?! Am I missing something?!:mad:
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If this UI change is pushing you to one aspect of of that horrible MMO, then you'll be back.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot believe that nobody on tribble told you how bad this is! No ability to filter doff choice, no way of not selecting the same doff again?! Am I missing something?!
    I believe (from reading other posts in the forums) that people did tell them that the new GUI sucked. They however apparently chose to ignore those people and release a sucky GUI against our wishes.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    morrg11morrg11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This new Doff UI is just a joke you held back since April and you'll turn that eyesore off tomorrow, right?
  • Options
    yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    I believe (from reading other posts in the forums) that people did tell them that the new GUI sucked. They however apparently chose to ignore those people and release a sucky GUI against our wishes.

I honestly can't recall seeing anyone like the new interface. It's too large and hard to understand at a glance. Plus it's difficult to assign who you want based on the set of skills that you decide since you can't filter available duty officers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot believe that nobody on tribble told you how bad this is! No ability to filter doff choice, no way of not selecting the same doff again?! Am I missing something?!:mad:

Oh we told them. We told them a LOT. They just don't give a rat's.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited July 2014

lol as someone pointed out, that's where a good portion of the ire came from - Detailed, accurate and useful feedback was given - feedback beyond "it's different therefore it sucks!!11!!" - and they seemingly chose to ignore it, and gave NO feedback until the eleventh hour with "We hear you but its going out this way. Toodles!"
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not to mention Im sitting in Sector space open up the doff UI go to assignments and current map. I have a total of 5 assignments there.

5 in sector space! Go to Personal I got 3. Plus 2 of those said I don't have the doff for it. well I ran the same mission dozens of times before and I had the doff then. Hes in my roster, but I don't have him when I go to run the assignment?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the best part is now 13 of my characters are literally unable to run support missions as they dont have the required doffs... strange they did just fine using non advisor/diplomats with crit only stats before....

A face lift is one thing, this is not a facelift, its a complete overhaul. Cryptic calling apples oranges at its finest.

Oh and thanks for my paper weight second account d'kora, I really appreciate that.
  • Options
    williampetersenwilliampetersen Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I got on tribble myself, actually, and saw how utterly unusable it was. I was hoping that they'd realize thanks to the loads of people complaining about it "Hey, maybe we should refine this before we push it live", but no. they just O'Rilied it, so I'm done.

Remember, kids, devs know best, if you don't like it, leave. *leaves*
  • Options
    darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was on Tribble as well and I told them it was trash the DOFF UI the Crafting and the Cluster removal. A lot of us told them how bad it was and they didn't listen. In fact I can't even remember them saying any thing to us in response to us at all. They just put it on Tribble and then Holo. Nothing was done and nothing was said to us from them. They just didn't care at all. But they have to remember its the people that support the game and if we stop buying they stop working. There is going to come a day. Tribble has become useless they just don't listen.
  • Options
    bizzo01bizzo01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think this is the perfect proof that the devs don't play the game.
    I mean it's nice looking and new and everything, but the second a dev (that knows how doffing works) would compare it to the old UI he/she would see that it actually reduces functionality.
  • Options
    stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I quit. I refuse to use this new, horrible UI. It's not just about functionality, it's that you're making a change just for the sake of change. I like the old UI. A lot. It was comfortable, I was used to using it, I could navigate it with my eyes closed. It was like a comfortable shoe. And you screwed it all up. Doffing was one of my favorite activities in STO, and without it, I likely just won't even log in. I know I sound hyperbolic, but I'm just being earnest. I cannot fathom why it's unacceptable to give us the option to use a UI that was already in the bloody game instead of just forcing everyone to use something that had such vocal objection. I get some people like the new UI, that's awesome, I'm really happy for you, but some of us absolutely detest it.

The best part is that WoW's new Follower system's WiP UI looks more like what I want to interact with than your new UI, and they're practically just 'stealing' your system. So good job pushing me towards your competition.

Seven words that seem to go severely undervalued in game development: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" (possibly because game reviewers expect everything to be 'revolutionary,' but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2014
    I tried to adjust to the new system but it isn't nearly as much fun as the old one.

They really did a dev with no love, knowledge or care for doffing "improve" the system and that is the result. Feedback was soundly ignored as usual.

I am also pondering to just call it a day.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didnt like this ui in Neverwinter, i dont like it here.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    tyne123tyne123 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014

They did tell them how bad it was. Though they were trying to do something and kept patching not final build... not final build.

It is by far the most chunky UI and more of a downgrade to the old UI. With the removal of star clusters. There is also less doff missions floating around. The Nebulas had more than just Colonial missions available.

They are also missing the Department head missions. And missions are not appearing as frequently as they once did.

Before you could check the sector then Operations Department Head.

I'm finding the new Ui to vulgar and when your doing the clusters a nuisance because the tab closes when you buy the Commodities. Whilst Eridan Belt option to interact Keeps vanishing!

But Ce la Vi Been with Cryptic since they started, always forced to adapt and I will continue to do so aslong as they Hold Star Trek license!

Should Star Trek move to another company.... So long and thanks for all the Fish @Cryptic
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well this is one of those "fine moments" like the removal of Dill from STF's @ the beginning of S.7 .

Cryptic can do the right thing and revert things back , or they can continue rowing on and trying to patch the many holes in the sinking boat at the same time .

Can you guess where their Lockbox beefed arrogance will take them ?

I can ... . :mad:

... I could suggest a Doff UI for tablets / Gateway , and the old UI for the actual PC game ... , but that would just be crazy talk ...
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please switch the doffing back to the previous way it looked. I absolutely hate the new interface. I hate I have to scroll thru 100's of doffs to find what I want to use. I don't necessarily want to use the doffs it recommends, as anyone that does doffing knows, sometimes by changing the doff combinations will increase your crit chance.
    It is just mind numbing all the extra stuff you have to do compared to the previous version. Also a BIG PAIN the extra materials you have to have to do particular missions that did not require so many or such a wide variety of items to even start a mission. Guys try and power up an alien artifact now and you will see what I mean.
    We now will have to spend all our time searching for commodities just to do simple doff missions, it has basically gotten to the point , I don't even want to bother with doffing anymore.
    Sometimes if things aren't broken, they don't need fixing. Doffing "was" something that wasn't broken but now is.. Please switch it back...
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kwyjen wrote: »
    Please switch the doffing back to the previous way it looked. I absolutely hate the new interface. I hate I have to scroll thru 100's of doffs to find what I want to use. I don't necessarily want to use the doffs it recommends, as anyone that does doffing knows, sometimes by changing the doff combinations will increase your crit chance.
    It is just mind numbing all the extra stuff you have to do compared to the previous version. Also a BIG PAIN the extra materials you have to have to do particular missions that did not require so many or such a wide variety of items to even start a mission. Guys try and power up an alien artifact now and you will see what I mean.
    We now will have to spend all our time searching for commodities just to do simple doff missions, it has basically gotten to the point , I don't even want to bother with doffing anymore.
    Sometimes if things aren't broken, they don't need fixing. Doffing "was" something that wasn't broken but now is.. Please switch it back...

This is what I put up for a post all on its own.. I had over 300 views and 20+ replies and guess what, the moderator moved/deleted my post.. They can't the truth or criticism.. how about that:mad:
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didn't realize just how bad the changes were until I actually tried to DOFF. I can't DOFF anymore. It requires way too much clicking and scrolling.

I really do not like this. My Fed character is almost done the DOFF system, almost done Colonial and Recruitment. KDF account I used for farming, not worth spending the time on it.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »
    I didn't realize just how bad the changes were until I actually tried to DOFF. I can't DOFF anymore. It requires way too much clicking and scrolling.

I really do not like this. My Fed character is almost done the DOFF system, almost done Colonial and Recruitment. KDF account I used for farming, not worth spending the time on it.

I hate the new doffing interface.

P.S. Lol on the Hello Kitty weeping angel avatar.