test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes using tailor. (RESOLVED)

everton2003everton2003 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
so with the new patch out I cant seem to to use the tailors anymore cause each time i try no matter where i go i am always being kicked out of the game followed by a crash report. It was working fine last night before the patch when i used the tailor now not anymore. Anyone else have this issue?
Post edited by everton2003 on

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Happend to me too

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same as well, doesn't matter where you are when you press the Tailor auto crashes instantly. Very annoying right now...
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Get ready, if we are lucky, for a week or two with out tailor, even if big part of the S9.5 was a few new uniforms. And looks like most of the players are not affected, so who know if they even bother to fix it before the 2015.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • everton2003everton2003 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yup had it run a check came back okie doke but still crashing at tailor very annoying and was wanting to play with the new uniforms too....
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's too bad. This was happening on Tribble last night too. If only feedback from Tribble were considered before moving ahead on a release...
    edited July 2014
    If there is more people out there the more we report it i am sure the sooner the guys at cryptic will get it fixed seems there are crashes happening when it comes to trading ships items and Doffs as well.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They are looking into reported crashes at this time.

That's all the info I got
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    This is a known issue and we're working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • kintotechkintotech Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Crashing on my KDF character too.

ETA: So maybe this'll help, but maybe it won't, more details on the issue:

This bug does not effect my KDF Reman, Fortyskey@kintotech

I was able to access the tailor as her, and edit uniforms as per normal, and put her marauding boff into the honor guard costume with no issue.

I cannot access the tailor interface as my KDF Orion, Delia@Kintotech, the client crashes whenever I try, even after being able to get it to work as Fortyskey, I'm not sure what the issue is, at the moment, nor can I really deduce what the difference between the two characters that's causing this, aside from species.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Quality release as usual, new uniforms for all, just don't use the tailor....*facepalm*
    get a friggin QnA department
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was able to change uniform fine on my account, but on my child's account it just keeps crashing every time to the Tailor.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
    edited July 2014
    kintotech wrote: »

I was able to access the tailor as her, and edit uniforms as per normal, and put her marauding boff into the honor guard costume with no issue.

I cannot access the tailor interface as my KDF Orion, Delia@Kintotech, the client crashes whenever I try, even after being able to get it to work as Fortyskey, I'm not sure what the issue is, at the moment, nor can I really deduce what the difference between the two characters that's causing this, aside from species.

And further experimentation: My *other* KDF Orion, Altalita@kintotech is also not effected, this bug thus far is unique to Delia.
  • tatsumaruishida1tatsumaruishida1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

This is pretty much what is happening to me but with my Fed characters instead. Lucy@TatsumaruIshida can use the tailor with no issue, have applied the new uniforms to her and her BOFFs.
    But Kat@TatsumaruIshida crashes straight to desktop when i click tailor in the convo menu or the Change my Uniform button when stood next to the Tailor. This happens at both the ESD and academy. The only difference between them is that Kat had the Oddessy basic unlocked at fleet first.
    edited July 2014
    Even further experimentation merits the fact that this bug is completely and utterly unique to Delia. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is--the only one I can even remotely think of is that she had the KDF Fleet Uniform to begin with. None of the others did (Didn't bother for Fortyskey, and Altalita never had enough fleet marks to afford one, and I don't play the fed-side characters enough to justify it).

So I hope all this helps, 'cause I've otherwise got no clue.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    oracle54 wrote: »
    It's too bad. This was happening on Tribble last night too. If only feedback from Tribble were considered before moving ahead on a release...

What? You want the devs to be given enough time to read bug reports from beta testers and fix those bugs PRIOR to being pushed by the management team to release new updates?

That is CRAZY talk right there. :rolleyes:
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • tatsumaruishida1tatsumaruishida1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even further experimentation merits the fact that this bug is completely and utterly unique to Delia. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is--the only one I can even remotely think of is that she had the KDF Fleet Uniform to begin with. None of the others did (Didn't bother for Fortyskey, and Altalita never had enough fleet marks to afford one, and I don't play the fed-side characters enough to justify it).

So I hope all this helps, 'cause I've otherwise got no clue.

So two seperate player accounts both suffering from the bug but only on the characters WITH a prior unlocked via fleet Oddessy/Botasqu' Uniforms, while others are unaffected? Well that to me pretty much identifies the cause!
  • barrington1982barrington1982 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same problem here - it only crashes on my main Federation character, my only toon with the Odyssey costume unlock.

What's more frustrating is that I'd spent 500 lobi to get the two Xindi costumes today - as a costume fanatic, it was *the* main thing I'd been looking forward, to mess around with the various new attires that came with 9.5
    edited July 2014
    This is pretty much what is happening to me but with my Fed characters instead. Lucy@TatsumaruIshida can use the tailor with no issue, have applied the new uniforms to her and her BOFFs.
    But Kat@TatsumaruIshida crashes straight to desktop when i click tailor in the convo menu or the Change my Uniform button when stood next to the Tailor. This happens at both the ESD and academy. The only difference between them is that Kat had the Oddessy basic unlocked at fleet first.
    So two seperate player accounts both suffering from the bug but only on the characters WITH a prior unlocked via fleet Oddessy/Botasqu' Uniforms, while others are unaffected? Well that to me pretty much identifies the cause!

sure as heck looks that way to me, I can safely say.
  • gabytrekgabytrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I tried it on my Romulan toons, none of whom have any Odyssey or Bortasqu' stuff, and it still crashes the game.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    gabytrek wrote: »
    I tried it on my Romulan toons, none of whom have any Odyssey or Bortasqu' stuff, and it still crashes the game.

my question then becomes, does this Romulan have any special uniforms at all?
    edited July 2014
    One of them is only level 9 and only has one outfit, so no. I also tried it on two new Federation toons that I've just never leveled, a 5 and a 2, and again, crashed. The character created to make a brand new toon *does* work, however.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tried to hit tailor on both options on ESD no luck client crashed within seconds tried a second time ( Didn't Verify Files ) no luck tried a third time but this time on The Starfleet Academy no luck Please fix this issue i really want them Odyssey uniforms
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Haha... STO is basically a costume sim. Pretty much all I do these days is play with my digital Star Trek dolls. 9.5 heavily advertized new uniforms. It was a blog post, an ARC headline, an official wallpaper, hyped to no end. On the day of release, they published yet another blog post about new Xindi costumes on top of the new Odysseys.

So keeping in mind that 9.5 was to all objective observers a major costume propaganda campaign, one might think working tailors would be a high priority concern. And yet...

absolutely no effectual bug testing whatsoever!

Not only do they not work, the tailor button actually shuts down the game faster than the 'Quit' button. Amazing. Truly.
    Greenbird
  • toome1toome1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm also having this very problem and is effecting my Fed toons (except my most recently created one) and my KDF toon.

Sad now. :(
    edited July 2014
    almost 4 PM here still nada on being able to use tailor totally bummed right now was looking forward to toying with the new uniforms for past two weeks...hope the devs will get it fixed soon.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Not only do they not work, the tailor button actually shuts down the game faster than the 'Quit' button. Amazing. Truly.
    First silver lining of 9.5 release, maybe that tech can be harnessed for good somehow.
    edited July 2014
    I just tried using a boff as a workaround, to see if I could click on 'change uniform' when recruiting a new one. That ALSO caused the game to crash. Closest I can get to the tailor presently is the new character creator.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have the same issue without the unlocked Odyssey Uniforms.
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was able to use it on a few characters, then at one point I tried to display "small thumbnails" in the tailor, and it crashed; haven't been able to get back into the tailor since.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was able to use it maybe twice. Afterwards, when I saw that the colour were not the right colours (on two armour parts), I tried doing a few things. In the end, the game crashed.

Been crashing ever since as well.