test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 17, 2014) [Complete!]

Comments

• belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey forum folks,

Just to clarify, neither myself nor Trendy decide the publication schedule.

In fact, I don't have any control over the content publications as of nearly 3 months ago now.

Trendy is tied to the publication schedule that is decided by the management teammates above her. So please don't take your frustrations out on poor Trendy, she is doing everything she is allowed to do in order to bring these blogs out on time.

After BranFlakes departure, Cryptic/PWE hired a new Product Manager to oversee publication and keep everything on schedule, and bring up to date info the the players.

As you are all aware, this transition has not been the smoothest transition ever (to put it mildly) but we are working very hard to highlight these issues, and the delay with the Xindi LockBox blogs as well as the lack of any major official announcement about S9.5 release dates are great examples for us to show the management that we need to plan better before we head into Season 10.

With the Las Vegas convention fast approaching, my time is being focused on planning the convention and making sure we have things ready to go. But with the launch tomorrow, I will be redoubling my efforts to bring the needed changes to the entire STO publication machine, including the Forums, Facebook and Twitter.

We will have plenty to share with you over the next few months, and we thank you all for your patience over the last several weeks as we built to 9.5, and we thank you in advance for your patience as we work to improve our team engine leading into post launch.

Enjoy Season 9.5 tomorrow everyone, and we will see you in game!

~CaptainSmirk

Very well put Smirk, thanks for letting us know. I think you need to force your new product manager to read this thread and the other threads complaining about lack of communication to reinforce that communication is the key to a better community and happy customers, because at the moment he's on par with Turbines CM for communication and we all know how insulting that is :p
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We do! Though I prefer my own personal mug here https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/446660190926950400/photo/1

There's a mug in that picture? All I saw was bacon ... mmmmmmnnnnn baaaccccoooonnn .....
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see those with maxed out R&D have to go all the way back to the start. Well, that sucks.

Unless I've missed something, somewhere out there in the magical ether.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did we ever get confirmation on what will happen to the unique Plasma ground weapons like the piercing rifle?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Hey forum folks,

In fact, I don't have any control over the content publications as of nearly 3 months ago now.

Trendy is tied to the publication schedule that is decided by the management teammates above her. So please don't take your frustrations out on poor Trendy, she is doing everything she is allowed to do in order to bring these blogs out on time.

After BranFlakes departure, Cryptic/PWE hired a new Product Manager to oversee publication and keep everything on schedule, and bring up to date info the the players.

As you are all aware, this transition has not been the smoothest transition ever (to put it mildly) but we are working very hard to highlight these issues, and the delay with the Xindi LockBox blogs as well as the lack of any major official announcement about S9.5 release dates are great examples for us to show the management that we need to plan better before we head into Season 10.

With the Las Vegas convention fast approaching, my time is being focused on planning the convention and making sure we have things ready to go. But with the launch tomorrow, I will be redoubling my efforts to bring the needed changes to the entire STO publication machine, including the Forums, Facebook and Twitter.

We will have plenty to share with you over the next few months, and we thank you all for your patience over the last several weeks as we built to 9.5, and we thank you in advance for your patience as we work to improve our team engine leading into post launch.

~CaptainSmirk

In my view, which I'm sure PWE hardly gives a damn about (not saying you don't) I'd feel beter if you and Trendy had the power to manage the blogs for the games you run, as someone who's just general over everything isn't involved enough in my opinion. You guys are our community managers so I expect you guys to manage the communication with the players, and that includes making sure the blogs come out on time.

Not some nobody who A) I have no idea who they are and B) I have no interest in talking to or being involved with as he/she isn't our community managers. I mean how can I have faith in someone who I never see?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    All in know is that its 1:50am on 7/7/14 and I'm tired and that I'm on my tablet and that season 9.5 is going live in a couple hours... I really need to see........................ *falls asleep*

Posted by comrademoco©®™ All rights reserved. .①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩↕↗➡↘↙↖↔✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✳✳✳✳✳✖◀
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    belidos wrote: »
    Very well put Smirk, thanks for letting us know. I think you need to force your new product manager to read this thread and the other threads complaining about lack of communication to reinforce that communication is the key to a better community and happy customers, because at the moment he's on par with Turbines CM for communication and we all know how insulting that is :p

I agree. This half season's launch is the perfect example on how NOT to do it. Customers tend to be a lot more patient and forgiving if you try to keep them informed about when something's going to happen and why.

For example I would like to hear why Cryptic thought the DOFF UI needed an overhaul and why they think the new one is superior to the old one despite the almost unanimously negative feedback. Right now I just find this change annoying.
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Resolved numerous issues which were causing body parts to become invisible when wearing some EV suits.

Noooooo! Doom! I loved hanging out with a headless Romulan. :D So funny watching people's reaction...

:(:(
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BranFlakes, come back !!!!
  • prometeus75prometeus75 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where did commodity broker Rek go now that Memory Alpha is closed?
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    He is on Drozana Now
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ~CaptainSmirk

Does this means the [REDACTED] Expansion has been postponed after Season 10 ?
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So instead of fixing the Genesis Engine allowing better use of the Exploration Clusters PWE/Cryptic decided to spend their time on giving us the Westfield Galleria at Spacedock. Club 47 is deeply missed but I mean we did get a Lens Crafters out of the deal. Cant be all bad right. They even decided to go the extra mile and remove Memory Alpha from the game.

Bad enough you guys fired Cdr Roxy and turned E'genn into an Undine spy, now you fire Cdr Romaine. Watch your backs Capt Calhoun and Capt Kirkland!!! You may be on the chopping blocks next.

The icing is once again, we gain NO real content. But dont worry. The PWE/Cryptic dev team have gone out of their way to develop and present to us an all new grind system to keep us occupied until the next grind system is ready to go live. Which should hold us for a while until the following grind system is developed. Oh wait, PWE/Cryptic wants the player base to do the actual development of real content via the Foundry. Spend hours, days, hell, even weeks, developing missions for a few dil when someone does tip. Couldnt be happier.

Keep up the amazing appearance of further development of this game PWE/Cryptic so that the people that are not paying attention wont notice that you are simply dumbing down the game for the Free-to-play crowd. You guys must assume that everyone is Pakleds while you are the high and mighty Vulcans that know what is best for us then we do.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kurland being fired?

If only... 'Kurland here' is more annoying than Moron, sorry, Tovan Khev in my opinion..
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Kurland being fired?

If only... 'Kurland here' is more annoying than Moron, sorry, Tovan Khev in my opinion..

"Kurland he..... oh!....where am I?" :)
    server_hamster6.png
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dessniper wrote: »
    So instead of fixing the Genesis Engine allowing better use of the Exploration Clusters PWE/Cryptic decided to spend their time on giving us the Westfield Galleria at Spacedock. Club 47 is deeply missed but I mean we did get a Lens Crafters out of the deal. Cant be all bad right. They even decided to go the extra mile and remove Memory Alpha from the game.

Bad enough you guys fired Cdr Roxy and turned E'genn into an Undine spy, now you fire Cdr Romaine. Watch your backs Capt Calhoun and Capt Kirkland!!! You may be on the chopping blocks next.

The icing is once again, we gain NO real content. But dont worry. The PWE/Cryptic dev team have gone out of their way to develop and present to us an all new grind system to keep us occupied until the next grind system is ready to go live. Which should hold us for a while until the following grind system is developed. Oh wait, PWE/Cryptic wants the player base to do the actual development of real content via the Foundry. Spend hours, days, hell, even weeks, developing missions for a few dil when someone does tip. Couldnt be happier.

Keep up the amazing appearance of further development of this game PWE/Cryptic so that the people that are not paying attention wont notice that you are simply dumbing down the game for the Free-to-play crowd. You guys must assume that everyone is Pakleds while you are the high and mighty Vulcans that know what is best for us then we do.

I like your thoughts of the matter. There are still plenty of people defending Cryptic/PWE actions concerning Star Trek Online although there are plenty of signs and evidence. Cryptic is doing a crappy job.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey forum folks,

~CaptainSmirk

PWE/Cryptic needs to stop this content BS. The new crafting system is TRIBBLE is a very better UI. So, you developers want constructive criticism.

1.The new UI is TRIBBLE giving less information and requires more scrolly and clicky.

2. Removal of Memory Alpha for the new Research & Development. As mentioned Memory Alpha could have been turned more into a museum or kept and whichever player goes to Memory Alpha to develop could act as a Catalyst in some form.

3. Genesis. Need I say more. A 4 year old system that hasn't really been revamped. It could have been revamped allowing dynamic content in a new sector nebula. Genesis 2.2 with procedural worlds.

Dag. There is so much.

I don't know how you can laugh or joke so much Smirk, with all the BS the company is dishing out.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    talgeeze wrote: »
    Does this means the [REDACTED] Expansion has been postponed after Season 10 ?

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get something that's been [REDACTED] prior to season 10 if it was originally planned to ship with the rest of this stuff. I believe their view of a season encompasses a period of time, rather than just the first content heavy release that marks its start (see. how blogs for ongoing releases are still lumped within S8/S9, ect.) Its concievable (though perhaps not too likely) that 9.5 will still see a new thing or two beyond these patch notes that we might enjoy a bit more.
    I don't know how you can laugh or joke so much Smirk, with all the BS the company is dishing out.

Honestly the most significant removal is probably the special romulan plasma weapons with the Dilithium store (since that potentially affects gameplay across the wide swath of "ground combat" through the removal of a lot of unique weapon types.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No worries, I already addressed Tribble sub-forum with the team, and everyone is on board with some great changes to come.

Wish I could tell you them now, but still gotta wait a bit longer :)

~CaptainSmirk

Thank you! :cool:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dilithium has been added to the rewards in the missions for the following zones:

Question is ''how much Dilithium''? Is it worth the daily grind?

*get my Persistent Officer Uniform ready*
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would have hoped with a big patch like this, there might have been a known issue announcement for the graphics and FPS problems. But alas. :/

Still looking with interest at the changes though.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Xindi lotto box wow what a surprise. :eek: wo0o0o0o0o0ow

add to that much tested crafting with so many positive feedback...
    oh and almost forgot...they made game quality better without those awful explo missions (srsly who needs exploration in star trek game, pew pew F T W) besides poor folks got lost in those complex maps.
    Also many ppl seem to love new doff ui, very upgraded.

So much new content...that I must log in after break from sto to check that plenty of content...

BTW Very nice of them that they publish sto informations on social media...much better rly than those blogs, most important sto information is easier to get now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Xindi lotto box wow what a surprise. :eek: wo0o0o0o0o0ow

add to that much tested crafting with so many positive feedback...
    oh and almost forgot...they made game quality better without those awful explo missions (srsly who needs exploration in star trek game, pew pew F T W) besides poor folks got lost in those complex maps.
    Also many ppl seem to love new doff ui, very upgraded.

So much new content...that I must log in after break from sto to check that plenty of content...

BTW Very nice of them that they publish sto informations on social media...much better rly than those blogs, most important sto information is easier to get now.

1) If you think they are going to listen to a lack of positive feedback, you havent been here long, these forums are a pit of negativity, everything is hated.

2)DOFF UI Feedback has been listened to and they are working on it

3) Exploration Missions quality was an embarrasement to the game, i love the idea of using the foundry instead
    '
    4) They posted 1 (O-n-e-) thing on twitter, as a response to a question.....
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hrmmm, no information in the patch notes about the conversion of current Data Samples and Particle Traces. Does this mean that the Particle Traces are still a random Material, and thus you can end up with Common or Uncommon instead of Rare?

Should we hold off on converting our Particle Traces should this change or is this not going to change and we should just go ahead and convert them? Or did I totally miss a dev comment somewhere stating this had already changed?

Keep them. Run the queues for the Rare and Very Rare materials as you won't need them for a long time unless you spend dilithium to bypass the timers. The Particle Traces could be kept in order to sell on the Exchange to folks that really want Accolades, especially with the loss of Exploration Accolades. That's my thought anyway...

Does anyone know if I can trade them in (even better if I can do batches)?
    I am low on bank space and this is a nice way of getting them changed and adding some resources to my pool. I do not mind about the accolades or exchange too much, if that is the only way ... it beats discarding them! :)

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rocmist wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can trade them in (even better if I can do batches)?
    I am low on bank space and this is a nice way of getting them changed and adding some resources to my pool. I do not mind about the accolades or exchange too much, if that is the only way ... it beats discarding them! :)

Yes you will be able to exchange them for Rare, Uncommon and Common materials (random)

These go in the new crafting inventory so you wont lose an inventory space!
  • michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1) If you think they are going to listen to a lack of positive feedback, you havent been here long, these forums are a pit of negativity, everything is hated.

2)DOFF UI Feedback has been listened to and they are working on it

3) Exploration Missions quality was an embarrasement to the game, i love the idea of using the foundry instead
    '
    4) They posted 1 (O-n-e-) thing on twitter, as a response to a question.....

1) I did not criticize them or their decisions. How can anyone be negative? Game is good.

I like state of this game, of pvp and its development also state of KDF. There is so much content that I don't know what to do first. I also like grinding marks for reps.

2) Great, they will surely improve it just like they specialize in revamps and improvements.

3) Maybe, I personally like dinosaurs with lasers attached to their heads, i think it's canon and good for trek game.

4) They should continue to use social media for important game info and stop doing blogs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes you will be able to exchange them for Rare, Uncommon and Common materials (random)

Thanks jarodroto123!
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The RSS feed's borked. When I follow it, I get a "USE ARC" message rather than the correct page.

For example, this is the posted URL for feedback notes, which illustrates the problem;
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fen%2Fgames%2Fstar-trek-online%2Fnews%2Fdetail%2F6004623-release-notes%3A-july-17%2C-2014
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it's too bad that r&d inventory isn't exempt from the vendor sales and items in it appear above regular inventory items while selling, which means i won't be using it either way.

i'll probably be keeping all the crafting materials in the bank as usual.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
This discussion has been closed.