test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Honor Guard type 1 costume unlock

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Just reached Tier 3 with one of my Klingons and wanted to get the first of the Honor Guard costume unlocks. Only, the unlock project doesn't appear in my list of projects. Looking at the tier box it says I need to aquire the associated Mk XI ground set first. Ok, not a problem I though, only there are no options for the Mk XI ground set items. Just the Mk II pieces. Looks like when they changed around the rep system they forgot to update some stuff. Anyone know how to get the Mk XI ground set and the Type 1 costume unlock?
Post edited by tilarium1979 on

Comments

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You used to get mkX then you could pay more as you went and get XI, then XII. The Honor Guard uniform set 1 was basically the uniform without the helmet. The helmet was reserved for those that ground out the full XII set. So when you get a set now you run the outfit #2 project but all that does is unlock the helmet.

If you go to the tailor and can set the KHG outfit under the "head" options drop-box (defaults to "uniform" or "off duty") then you already have set 1. It should be automatic, AFAIK.
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going to the tailor and seeing if it was auto finished was my first though. No go, only options were uniform, off-duty and formal.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Essentially, you can't get the costume unlock any more, until you get the full XII set, and you can't get the full XII set until you reachT5 in the Rep ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All in the name of grinding players out of the game, eh? Used to be you'd get the MkXs so you had something competent for end-game use. Now you can't even get those for a long time after end-game, as you grind out rep tiers. You can't get any kind of decent placeholder. JH doesn't really cut it much, anymore. The lobi upgrade is WAY too freaking pricey to even consider for the JH set, which means it just can't cut it while you wait for omega tiers and then wait to scrounge enough dil and marks and ECs up to buy the mk XII ground set (not to mention the space set!)

All in the name of forcing players to buy zen to convert to dil. Sheesh.
  • Options
    stormthanestormthane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Check the armour provisioning bit, I'm retty sure the type 1 costume unlock comes with getting the armour, type2 from the full set now they have done away with the mark X set
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All in the name of grinding players out of the game, eh? Used to be you'd get the MkXs so you had something competent for end-game use. Now you can't even get those for a long time after end-game, as you grind out rep tiers. You can't get any kind of decent placeholder. JH doesn't really cut it much, anymore. The lobi upgrade is WAY too freaking pricey to even consider for the JH set, which means it just can't cut it while you wait for omega tiers and then wait to scrounge enough dil and marks and ECs up to buy the mk XII ground set (not to mention the space set!)

All in the name of forcing players to buy zen to convert to dil. Sheesh.

Pretty much this ... It's totally ludicrous from a player perspective, that the items required to more easily fight a specific enemy, cant be gotten until you no longer need to fight that enemy.

The Omega/MACO/KHG is a perfect example ... They are supposedly designed to aid in fighting the Borg, but you can't even get a integral Modulator until T5 and by then you've usually finished fighting Borg on the ground ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Pretty much this ... It's totally ludicrous from a player perspective, that the items required to more easily fight a specific enemy, cant be gotten until you no longer need to fight that enemy.

The Omega/MACO/KHG is a perfect example ... They are supposedly designed to aid in fighting the Borg, but you can't even get a integral Modulator until T5 and by then you've usually finished fighting Borg on the ground ...

Yeah the design of that where you have to go through the whole rep just to then grind for it at the end is just imo poor designing. For example on any rep and I'll use the undine one for example where there only ground combat for fighting undine is that one qued mission and if you just happen to get undine as the enemy in colony invasion so most ppl aren't going to have all these piled up in their inventory on every single character just to switch out for a colony invasion lol. So really you got one mission that most ppl most likely will not even bother doing after they have hit tier 5 so the gear itself is redundant to buy/purchase.

This would be my solution to this issue IMO anyways. When you go to upgrade to tier 1 on a character in a rep that it gives you some options depending on which you pick maybe 3 options. First option would be the current one 5 marks and you go to the next tier. Then 2nd and 3rd options would be a little bit more marks but one would give you like a mk x ground set and then the most expensive one but not too far away from the 5 mark one would give you a mk x space and ground set. That way you are still getting the usage out of them.

As well though many games with similar setups to reputations they have it where if you are getting gear from a lower grade/tier what have you that you can turn in the old one so that you get a discount on the upgraded one as an option to alleviate the burn out on grinding. Overall though with these reps I might get one character one of the new sets but being I don't have any use for them being specific to the enemy faction they are used against after i max the rep out there just is no purpose in me getting it on any other characters mainly just a gimmick/collectors item to hold onto.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2014
    Personally I have taken to using Solanae Sentinel EVA armor on fresh lvl 50 alts you can get the 50 lobi needed from openeing roughly 10 boxes. Combine that with a fleet shield [ResB] and it works fine for most ground encounters and there is no need to carry a spare eva suit if doing mining or Nukara ground either. Also doing the 3 runs will net you the Solanae Hybrid Technologies space set which is adequete till you get some better gear later. I wish they had made the Instant remod the 2pc bonus instead of the 3pc but..... C'est la vie :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]