test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build for Daeinos / Fleet Daeinos Warbird Destroyer for TAC

encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Hey guys i just recently got my Romulan to 50 if anyone has the time and the eforrt to give me a good round guide how they would fit the Daeinos for a Tactical officer i would be extremly grateful

- Slot Layout: Weapons, Deflectors, Impulse, Singularity, Shields. Consoles (bit rusty so if you cana void acronyms it would be awesome)

- Tactical captain skills advice would be amazing also

- Tactical Officer Kit (any advice with this is also welcome! they made this customizable sicne i last played)

If you want add like a newbie (no repus) to optimal (all repus) so I can see what i should work on

Thanks alot for the help and reading this!
Post edited by encadi on

Comments

• woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, it really depends, if you go for survivability its Elite fleet shield with [resB] [Adapt] and asssimilated deflector+impuls (from omega rep eventually), and a elite fleet singularity core with [AMP].

Must haves are also Kinetic cutting beam+assimilated Module (both omega rep) and plasmonic leech (exchange/Tal shiar lockbox on fed/ Vandal-Destroyer (a lv20-ship for 1k zen) on kdf).
    As for weapons, it would be interesting if you want Dual heavy cannons (DHC) or beam arrays.
    Energytype is up to you, most powerful would be AP, Plasma and (depending of build) Disruptor, though that doesnt really make a big difference if you dont want super-duper-imba-dps where every single point of dps is important^^
    Tactical consoles are of the choosen energytype of course, and best fleet locators.

BO-Layout depends on what weapons you want, but you should have 2 Tactical teams (or 1+2purple Doffs for it), 2 abilities for your weapons (like fire at will or rapid fire) and 2 Attack pattern betas (II+III). On Enginnering Emergency power to shields and weapons are recommended. 1-2 Hazard emitters and 1-2 Transfer shield strength are also recommended (since i wouldnt use aux2bat, TSS is better than science team).

Thats pretty much outlines how it should look like, all other consoles are nice to have (like lobi-consoles for crth/d or fleet embassy consoles flowcap with [Pla]-mod).
  • encadiencadi Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So if my outdated Self Understands:

-SHIP SLOTS-

Fore Weapons: 3x Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons 1x Plasma Torpedo (Cannons better than beam arrays for such ana gile ship?) (Plasma from New Romulan makes a nice theme for a romulan ship?)

Aft Weapons: 1x Kinetic Cutter (Omega) 2x (Plasma Turrets?)

Deflector: Assimilated (Omega)

Impulse: Assimilated (Omega)

Singularity: Elite Fleet Singularity Core [AMP] (Fleet)

Shields: Elite Shield [resB] [Adapt] (fleet)

Engineering Consoles (3): (Whats best here?)

Science COnsoles (2): Plasmodic Leech (whats the cheapest/easiest way to get this) and Assimilated Module (omega) (should i put these 2 universal here?)

Tactical Consoles (4): 2? x Plasma Damage 2? x Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator? (not really clear with this)

-BOFF SLOTS-

Commander TAC: Tac Team I, Scatter Voll I, Torpedo Spread III, ???

Lt Commander Univ (TAC?): Tac Team I, Torpedo Spread II, Scatter Volley II

Liutenant Engi: EP2W I, EP2S II

Liutenant Science: Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strenght II

Ensign Universal (SCI?): Hazard Emitters I ?

- THINGS I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND -

- should have 2 Tactical teams (or 1+2purple Doffs for it) (Can tactical teams have the same rank?)
    - Whats better rapidfire or scatetr volley and can they be the same rank?
    - Opinions on beams vs Cannons for this ship

-CAPTAIN SKILLS-

Im so lsot in this section I know there are some pretty basic one si should get but kinda lost voerall

- BOFFS PASIVES AND TRAITS-

What BOFFs pasives and Traits you guys like or consider good fro a ship like this? Romulan captain btw

-KIT POWERS-

OMG! they chanegd the kits and im quite lost theya re fully customizable now?

I know tis quite a logn psot but any help would be apreciated, thanks again!
    edited July 2014
    encadi wrote: »
    So if my outdated Self Understands:

-SHIP SLOTS-

Fore Weapons: 3x Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons 1x Plasma Torpedo (Cannons better than beam arrays for such ana gile ship?) (Plasma from New Romulan makes a nice theme for a romulan ship?)

use 4 DHCs. While cannons result in lower absolute dps in most cases, they will finish the job faster normally, due to concentrated fire. So they are a very good choice.
    Plasma is always a nice type. Look into romulan plasmaweapons, they are pretty nice, with CrtDx2

Deflector: Assimilated (Omega)

Impulse: Assimilated (Omega)

Singularity: Elite Fleet Singularity Core [AMP] (Fleet)

Shields: Elite Shield [resB] [Adapt] (fleet)
    All three good.

Put universals in here. maybe add a fleet neutronium (modifier of your choice, RCS might be good with this turnrate). save money to buy them from exchange if its a fedchar (running foundry farmmissions and episode assimilation (for kitmodules) on multiple chars should get you the ec pretty quickly),
    if you are kdf, buy the Vandal-Destroyer for 1k zen, it has the console.

Science COnsoles (2): Plasmodic Leech (whats the cheapest/easiest way to get this) and Assimilated Module (omega) (should i put these 2 universal here?)

with plasmonic leech i would suggest embassy flowcaps with pla-modifier. makes a wonderful synergy between consoles and energytype

Tactical Consoles (4): 2? x Plasma Damage 2? x Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator? (not really clear with this)

here only Vulnerarbility locators with Pla-mod. best Consoles ingame.

-BOFF SLOTS-

Commander TAC: Tac Team I, Scatter Voll I, Torpedo Spread III, ???

Lt Commander Univ (TAC?): Tac Team I, Torpedo Spread II, Scatter Volley II

Liutenant Engi: EP2W I, EP2S II

Liutenant Science: Hazard Emitters I, Transfer Shield Strenght II

Ensign Universal (SCI?): Hazard Emitters I ?

Only change I suggest is in tac-skills: commander with TT,Scatter volley 1+2 and Attack pattern beta 3.
    lt.uni: TT, Attack pattern beta 1, attack pattern omega 1

it gives two advantages: 1. you can make a second cmd.tac with rapid fire instead of scatter volley, which is better in some cases, like Hive. 2. you can use Omega to get out of Tractorbeams or get faster from a to b.
    If you dont like that idea, then replace omega with beta 2, and beta 1 with rapidfire 1, giving you the possibility to have a single target skill for bigger enemies, while having both betas at highest possibel level on that ship.

- THINGS I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND -

- should have 2 Tactical teams (or 1+2purple Doffs for it) (Can tactical teams have the same rank?)
    - Whats better rapidfire or scatetr volley and can they be the same rank?
    - Opinions on beams vs Cannons for this ship

every ability can have the same rank to be used (without wasting it). so 2 are better and cheap.
    Scatter volley has it merrits against multiple targets and usually outperforms rapidfire in cse. its also better if you go in a good group, as targets likely die fast. CRF is better in kase (though if you pug and have to do probes and other things, the advantage fades), thats why i usually have both sets on board. But also a hybrid is possible in this case, see above.
    Lastly, as i said, beams will result in bigger numbers, but not necessarily in faster stf, as cannons make nice pinpoint attacks while beams just make a ball, so the more enemies in range, the more aggro you draw with beams, and the slower you kill a single target out of the mob.

-CAPTAIN SKILLS-

Im so lsot in this section I know there are some pretty basic one si should get but kinda lost voerall

well, your skills are fixed.
    if you talk about skilltree, then thats the basic http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=taktikergrundskillung_4677 though i would advice to at least skill 3 points in hull plating and armor. the rest skill as you like. more power, more ground, anything is nice, and you cant TRIBBLE up with that as base^^
    if you mean traits, just use everything avaiable in space, if you play space, and in ground for ground, here you can go by instinct. useful traits from exchange or lockboxes would be inspirational leader, helmsman, biotech patch and fleet tactician (search for profession-specific), though they are very pricy and should be added late, as you can get very good results without them. they are the cherry on the cake, so to say.

What BOFFs pasives and Traits you guys like or consider good fro a ship like this? Romulan captain btw
    use one reman BO with Infiltrator (or superior infiltrator) and the rest make Romulans with Superior Romulan operative (blue BOs can have that). if you are in tau dewa or in romulan command, their might be the recruitment doff-mission in you personal assignments, though they are very rare.

-KIT POWERS-

aside from kits having different arrangements in slots, yes, they are pretty much fully customizeable.

I know tis quite a logn psot but any help would be apreciated, thanks again!

Ah, i forgot: for the EptX-Skills you will need 3 damage control engineers to reduce CD of them. The rest is pretty much optional, though i would suggest using a warp core engineer for chance for more energy too.
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow thank you for the time and the work you put into your answer! Really apreciate it, just a couple extra questions for whoever has time =)

use 4 DHCs. While cannons result in lower absolute dps in most cases, they will finish the job faster normally, due to concentrated fire. So they are a very good choice.
    Plasma is always a nice type. Look into romulan plasmaweapons, they are pretty nice, with CrtDx2

This means No torpedos whatsoever?

Sounds like a good mix?

Put universals in here. maybe add a fleet neutronium (modifier of your choice, RCS might be good with this turnrate). save money to buy them from exchange if its a fedchar (running foundry farmmissions and episode assimilation (for kitmodules) on multiple chars should get you the ec pretty quickly),
    if you are kdf, buy the Vandal-Destroyer for 1k zen, it has the console.

with plasmonic leech i would suggest embassy flowcaps with pla-modifier. makes a wonderful synergy between consoles and energytype

If i put the Universal consoles in Engineering aka Borg and Plasmodic and then add a Neutronium what would you recomend putting in science then?

here only Vulnerarbility locators with Pla-mod. best Consoles ingame.

This means NO +plasma damage consoles and put 4x (no stacking penalties?) Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator

use one reman BO with Infiltrator (or superior infiltrator) and the rest make Romulans with Superior Romulan operative (blue BOs can have that). if you are in tau dewa or in romulan command, their might be the recruitment doff-mission in you personal assignments, though they are very rare.

Wops my bad i meant doffs not boffs, hehe like the damage control oens you said =)

-KIT POWERS-

aside from kits having different arrangements in slots, yes, they are pretty much fully customizeable.

Any recomendaiton for the overall elite STF's without gettign into specificaitons for a tactical captain?

if you mean traits, just use everything avaiable in space, if you play space, and in ground for ground, here you can go by instinct. useful traits from exchange or lockboxes would be inspirational leader, helmsman, biotech patch and fleet tactician (search for profession-specific), though they are very pricy and should be added late, as you can get very good results without them. they are the cherry on the cake, so to say.

Oh wow! so there are traits you need to buy or get it and dont come with the normal character leveling? Thats soemthing I didnt know i guess i should read on that!

- EXTRA QUESTIONS -

1/ I guess overall miniguns are still the prefered ground weapons?
    2/ Since the ship coems with the cloak I guess its always a better idea to start the combat form cloak so youg et the bonus damage, but is it wise going in combat cloak to get that bonus damage or you normally lose DPS doing that and become really vulnerable?
    3/ For the gear you recomended i guess i should really work on the Romulan and Borg Reputations specially, anything goodf rom Rukara, Undine and Dyson ones?
    4/ I have got a bunch of keys and boxes from pretty much all times, are boxed more or less balanced or if i can choose what boxes you recomend me opening?

Oh wow so many questions sitll hehe sorry! Anyway thanks alot for the help and thanks for bringing me up tod ate guys =)
    edited July 2014
    Oh i must also clarify this build and such is mostly for PvE not lookign tog et into PvP atm
    edited July 2014
    Also is the Dynamic Tactical System console that comes with the ship good? the one thats give you +20 acc +5 weapon power and allows you to use the lotus?
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow thank you for the time and the work you put into your answer! Really apreciate it, just a couple extra questions for whoever has time =)

This means No torpedos whatsoever?
    yes, they are a dps-sink on most builds. though if you really want one, feel free to use one, its not like a build fails when you use a torp. it just want be the best possible way.

Sounds like a good mix?

If i put the Universal consoles in Engineering aka Borg and Plasmodic and then add a Neutronium what would you recomend putting in science then?

with plasmonic leech i would suggest embassy flowcaps with pla-modifier. makes a wonderful synergy between consoles and energytype.
    As for everything I idnt write anything, its ok like you suggested (like aft-weapons)

This means NO +plasma damage consoles and put 4x (no stacking penalties?) Advanced Tactical Vulnerability Locator

Locators have energydamage of your choice implemented, when you buy them you choose the correct Modifier, in you case [Pla] and get a 31,x % (base) plasma console with integrated 1,6 crth. No stacking penalties.

Wops my bad i meant doffs not boffs, hehe like the damage control oens you said =)

Any recomendaiton for the overall elite STF's without gettign into specificaitons for a tactical captain?

Hit hard^^ To make it simple, look into wiki for following kits: Enemy neutralisation (engineer), Close combat (Tac), Physicist (Sci), they are pretty viable still now. You can modify them to become more powerful, like using mortars+turrets as engineer in addition to Mines&Bombs, and Ambush for Tac, and tachyon Harmonic (or, if you need it, some heals) for Sci. Though the mentioned kits are a solid base if you want to create them with modules.

Oh wow! so there are traits you need to buy or get it and dont come with the normal character leveling? Thats soemthing I didnt know i guess i should read on that!

Yes, there are some traits from lockboxes, which are nice to have (not must-have!) and two from the newest featured episode (which are pretty trashy though^^).

- EXTRA QUESTIONS -

1/ I guess overall miniguns are still the prefered ground weapons?
    only against non-borg. The best choice for any enemy is hard-hitting pulsewave, for borg a melee weapon isnt a bad choice (a Sci with physicist kit should use pulsewave though)
    2/ Since the ship coems with the cloak I guess its always a better idea to start the combat form cloak so youg et the bonus damage, but is it wise going in combat cloak to get that bonus damage or you normally lose DPS doing that and become really vulnerable?
    Vulnerability is more of a concern, since with a reman BO with infiltrator-trait you get that damage for 12.5seconds. If many enemies are around you, i would suggest it, if its only one, I would only cloak on the way to it. It takes a bit training to maximize it, but you only need to stay cloaked for 3 seconds to get the ambush-buff at decloaking.
    3/ For the gear you recomended i guess i should really work on the Romulan and Borg Reputations specially, anything goodf rom Rukara, Undine and Dyson ones?
    If you look to increase dps further, Undine-deflector, romulane engine (bonus for attackpatterns) and nukara 2pc (Deflector/shield/engines) are possibilities, though we dont talk about much here. Borg 2pc is still best for survivability.
    Since you get 55 bonus marks for any content you do, you can level all of them simultaniously rather easily, by conquering a point in undine+voth battlezone, do phaeos crater mission on NR (or Tau dewa sector patrol), infected space elite and Cristalline catastrophe. Takes between 0.5 and 0.75 hours for all, but gives you a really speedy progress on reps.
    For many romulan marks (for the future/equipment) epohh-tagging is the way to go

4/ I have got a bunch of keys and boxes from pretty much all times, are boxed more or less balanced or if i can choose what boxes you recomend me opening?
    Overall the tal shiar box has the best prices, a useful trait (helmsman), a good ship, and plasmonic leech, all of which can be sold to high prices on exchange. However, its lottery, so even if you open 100 boxes, you might end up with nothing valuable.

Oh wow so many questions sitll hehe sorry! Anyway thanks alot for the help and thanks for bringing me up tod ate guys =)

/10characters
    edited July 2014
    Also is the Dynamic Tactical System console that comes with the ship good? the one thats give you +20 acc +5 weapon power and allows you to use the lotus?

Cant really tell you, since I dont have it. It doesnt look bad, so if you put it in either engineering or Sci-slots, it should be ok. Just test it, maybe against mentioned flowcaps from embassy, what every performs better or you like more, take it. There are very well within parameters of player style and wont have much impact on performance, so even if its only situative or looks good, you can take it without remorse.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks alot again for the fantastic answers Wood really apreciate them! just a final one for now (i promise..maybe =p)

Hit hard^^ To make it simple, look into wiki for following kits: Enemy neutralisation (engineer), Close combat (Tac), Physicist (Sci), they are pretty viable still now. You can modify them to become more powerful, like using mortars+turrets as engineer in addition to Mines&Bombs, and Ambush for Tac, and tachyon Harmonic (or, if you need it, some heals) for Sci. Though the mentioned kits are a solid base if you want to create them with modules.

As a tactical captain you recomend close range kit but that mostly gives the stun granade, a melee dmg buff, a gap closer with exploit attack and an aoe melee dmg, I rememebr hearing in the past that melee weapons were quite gimp in dmg and quite dangerous to use? What do you think about that? wouldnt using that melee kit be wasteful or?

Wops also a second question =p Do bridge officers space traits apply to the ship?
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I use the universal slot for science to gw & self heal, but you could double up tac. It depends. I also run without a torp sometimes / often. If you have no torp, you can run TT1, scatter, rapid, rapid, beta or the like. With a torp you can use the uni ensign for a weak spread. But if you want high dps, double up the uni to tac and you can fit in AP beta, and then if you have a torp you can have HY and spread both or whatever you like. Using the uni as tac, you may find you need singularity quantum absorb to be a go-to defense skill, while using it for a healing officer you can use the damage singularity powers.... so many choices :)

These things are easy to change; you probably have or can easily get spare bridge officers -- they don't need gear, just a little expertise for space work. Swapping a torp in for a cannon is also trivial. You can see which setup you like best, they all have merits. You could even set it up with dual beam banks and A2B with the uni being engineer -- its a flexible ship.

Consoles, the usual suspects are sweet... leech, valdore, and then you have to consider if you want to use its special console or not. With it you get a dps increase but you may find that increase to be too small for a console slot. This is another try it yourself to see what you like.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks alot again for the fantastic answers Wood really apreciate them! just a final one for now (i promise..maybe =p)

As a tactical captain you recomend close range kit but that mostly gives the stun granade, a melee dmg buff, a gap closer with exploit attack and an aoe melee dmg, I rememebr hearing in the past that melee weapons were quite gimp in dmg and quite dangerous to use? What do you think about that? wouldnt using that melee kit be wasteful or?

Wops also a second question =p Do bridge officers space traits apply to the ship?

Well, melee was always top against borg. With that kit (though stun grenade was substituted with Ambush for more dmg) you dont "need" a weapon against borg. Sure, in some cases you might need some longrange-weapon (manus in infected), but I use kit-powers 99% of the time.
    It is dangerous, since you can get assimilitated, but on the other said borg wont shoot at you at close range, and those can be more dangerous.
    Sweeping stirkes are very powerful, laying whole mobs in 2-3 attacks. Lunge ignores holds/roots, so you can close gaps even if rooted. Motion accelerator is great for dmg and speed. Ambush ( added this one to my kit) enhances the next attack, which can result in aoe-instant-kills. As fifth ability I use Biotech siphon against bosses, giving me 50% of my outgoing melee damage as heal, making me virtually unkillable for 15seconds, if they dont get lucky at hit me with an orbital beam (Armek) or plates go on overkill (Hive Queen), the latter one is a one-hit for sure, the first one tend to one-hit, so high heals dont help in that regard. Though at least armeks orbitalbeam is normally not a problem, as you stand aside him were it normally doesnt hit you.

Of course you can also go on range attacks with ambush, photon grenade and plasma grenade and other abilities. I usually use motion accelerator for every tactoon, just because its a very convenient ability. Battle strategies or rally cry are also worth considering. Though both are viable, I get better results with the all-melee approach. You might have to experiment whats better for you.

Edit: Yes space traits apply to ship. Thoug Infiltrator doesnt stack if you use multiple BOs with it, but Superior rom operative does. Leadership (Humans) and efficient (which is totally obsolete though) do also stack.
    edited July 2014
    Btw sicne im asking so many questions =p I have been eyeing the scimitar pack and sicne you guys been so helpful im gonna ask here hehe

- Scimitar Pack for a tac officer worth it? I guess use the scimitar model (tactical)

- Are the 3 consoles worth it?

- Beam or Cannon Scimitar?

- Any other super good consoles for the scimitar?

Thanks again!
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A correctly configured scimitar does murder on pretty much whatever enemies you see coming your way. A badly configed one used with someone feeling overconfident usually results in laughably spectacular popcorn shows.

The Scimitar is at present the mightiest player ship in STO. However, for that very reason, I'd recommend against it. Odds are your Daenos is far more pleasant and entertaining to fly, and it doesn't turn game content entirely trivial.

Back to the Daeinos...

I have a Fleet Ar'kif dual heavy antiproton cannon build, armed to the gills with things meant to murder things with hard pounding weaponry supplemented by high critical hit and severity. However, even since Seaon 9 came out, I found the dual heavy cannon builds far less capable of dealing with the new content in comparison to beamboat builds like my Federation Avenger battlecruiser A2B BFAW set up.

So, I decided to adapt one of my romulan ships to that. The Fleet Daeinos seemed ideal for an mostly-plasma beam build, since plasma infusers (or the vulnerability locator equivalents) would also improve the plasma lotus as well.
    edited July 2014
    hehe thanks for the input Umaeko, how about the scimitar quesitons even if its a bit strong side what would you recomend with the scimi?
    edited July 2014
    Only the tactical version is worth buying, the 3pc Set is underperforming.
    If you can compensate the low turnrate, a DHC-Build is possible, though Beam are easier to fly with.
    edited July 2014
    This build seems quite cool http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=kendra31kscimi_0

I was surprise to see Beam arrays instead of Banks but i guess you always learn new things hehe =)

Maybe change the boff layout a bit specially science and engi to be a bit more like the Daeimos for the extra heals?

Also about fighters are the scorpion good? I kinda like them thematically but got any opinion about fighters performance and what are the best ones for DPS?

Thank you
    edited July 2014
    Scorpions are good, however they are outclassed by Romulan Drones (Scimitar only pets), which do at least twice the damage per hangar.
    The linked build is ok, but has several enhancement-possibilities. Something like this might be better to start with, giving you high dps and very high survivability. Its a build which need 2 connofficer for tacteam and 3damage control engineers for EptX. Of course, Locators instead of normal plas-consoles. Also romplasma with crtdx2 for more damage.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks again for your insigh Woodwhity greatly apreciate it =)
    edited July 2014
    3 more questions hehe:

- Singularity Powers? I tended to use the damage one but noticed it break other weapon powers so prolly not a good idea to use it? i know theya re kinda situational like the jump or the shield but which one you find useful?

- Energy levels you would use for the sicmitar?

- Fighters normally on intercept?
    edited July 2014
    3 more questions hehe:

- Singularity Powers? I tended to use the damage one but noticed it break other weapon powers so prolly not a good idea to use it? i know theya re kinda situational like the jump or the shield but which one you find useful?

- Energy levels you would use for the sicmitar?

- Fighters normally on intercept?

Warpshadows is the most powerful ability, giving you 15seconds breathing room. Second one would be Quantum Absorption (Heal). Overload is wasted since it sets other abilities on CD.

Energylevels depend on build, you weapons should be near max, and everything else should be over 75 energy in combat with all continuus buffs (EptX,Leech) if you use Elite fleet singularity core with AMP.

CSE aside they should be on Attack.