test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Science Team 3 vs Transfer Shield Strength 3

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Hello people.

Which of the two abilities listed in the title do you value the most and why? If you prefer TSS3 over ST3, does that opinion change when you have Development Lab Scientist DOFFs on duty?

Thanks!!
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    generally most folks run with 2 tac teams. any time you use a "team" ability, it puts the rest on cool down for 15 secs. TSS3 would be unaffected by this.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreeing with darimund, it depends on what else you are running. If you are running 2 other Team powers one of the three Teams will always be on cool down. When I was team PvPing I ran one each of the Teams though, so that I could throw the appropriate heal to teammates as necessary.

I find in some builds that running a sci team AND TSS is very effective at keeping shields up and certain aggravations (like AMS and jam sensors) at bay.

Again, it depends on what else you have going on in your overall build.
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Depends on the mission, for example, Hive Onslaught... the Borg Queen throws a lot of Sci attacks like subnuc... Science Team clears those attacks and gives you a large shield heal, so you share a cool down with TT but you get a decent heal outa of it especially if the Aux power is up.

And you can use Science Team on you or a team mate.

Pros and Cons to both.........

thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i would personally go with TSS 3,

Shield HoT + tactical team is a wonderful combo,

Sci team clashes with tact team, and while its a large shield heal to all facings, its a singular heal, if your in pve/pvp where you shield facing can be blown away in an instant you ideally want a tact team to fix that quickly, while sci team does heal sci debuffs... i would personally run TSS3 and possibly a lower level sci team depending on the build/ship/doffs of course :)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm running a science ship without Tac Team. I generally have both TSS and ST but I'm really torn between which of the two is better to have at a higher level. I appreciate the HUGE and constant instant boost that ST3 with the right DOFFs gives you, but that TSS3 reduction to shield damage is not to be scoffed at.
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    IMO, it still depends on the mission....I have TT and ST for the Borg Queen, but for Fleet Actions, I dont need ST unless the Tholians appear or someone that uses a lot of Sci Attacks.

I switch BOFF's in and out depending on what I need before I start the mission.

Getting subnuc'd with no way to restore is not fun ......

Thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • jtfrost1jtfrost1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    darimund wrote: »
    generally most folks run with 2 tac teams. any time you use a "team" ability, it puts the rest on cool down for 15 secs. TSS3 would be unaffected by this.

I doubled up on ranks II and III of engineering team, and extend shields with 2x shield transfer strength I AND 1x science team II on my star cruiser. I can use one of each of them to restore a friendly target on one pass. However on my science vessel: Shield transfer strength does share a cool down with feedback pulse But all of the shared cool downs are only half the time.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good God who woke up this zombie thread...no more 15 second cool down on different team powers.

Moderator let's get rid of this old thread.

[Edit]
    And this is why we have rules on necro posting...

~Askray
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com