test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to do 3 Hourly Reputation Projects

craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Reputation System
In the description of the mentioned projects, it says " May be completed up to 3 times per 20 hour period "

I have never been able to do more than 2 per 20 hours.
I have tried leaving them be for a few days to make sure i wasn't overlapping the time period, but i still can only do 2 per 20 hours, never 3.
I can do more, but it doesn't give me the rep points after doing 2.

Everyone i ask, says yes, i can do 3 a day. The description says i can do 3 hourlys a day. I thought about the daily rep being counted along with the hourly, but i have been told its not part of the " 3 ".

Has anyone else noticed this?
Is it bugged?
I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
planet-space-sun.jpg
Post edited by craig76 on

Comments

• feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    In the description of the mentioned projects, it says " May be completed up to 3 times per 20 hour period "

I have never been able to do more than 2 per 20 hours.
    I have tried leaving them be for a few days to make sure i wasn't overlapping the time period, but i still can only do 2 per 20 hours, never 3.
    I can do more, but it doesn't give me the rep points after doing 2.

Everyone i ask, says yes, i can do 3 a day. The description says i can do 3 hourlys a day. I thought about the daily rep being counted along with the hourly, but i have been told its not part of the " 3 ".

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Is it bugged?

I had not read three hourlies in a day. But I have had it be as little as one hourly.
    Is it possible they mean three hourlies total? So if you launch a Voth hourly, an omega hourly, and a romulan hourl you are done for the day on hourlies?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    One of my characters can only do one Dyson Hourly project each day.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    I had not read three hourlies in a day. But I have had it be as little as one hourly.
    Is it possible they mean three hourlies total? So if you launch a Voth hourly, an omega hourly, and a romulan hourl you are done for the day on hourlies?

its in the description

I doubt it, as i have been working on the undine rep, nukara, dyson and romulus reps. All giving me the exact same result, 2 hourly reps a day on each.
    If it was 3 in total, then i wouldnt be able to work on 4 reps at once :)
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    One of my characters can only do one Dyson Hourly project each day.

so, its not just me then :) Thats a good thing....kinda
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • educ8treduc8tr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm on kind of the opposite side where I just did the upgrade projects, and got to tier 3 on two rep chains and I can't find the 20hr daily projects to start; all I can see is the hourly project. Maybe I am just dense or blind, but unless I can find those dailies again I am stuck doing the hourly missions.
    edited July 2014
    I did make a similar thread in bug reports. Dont know if it will help or not, but if everyone could post there, maybe the devs will see it :)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1162161

I just hit T4 in the undine rep the other day. For the very first time, it let me do 3 hourly projects, but it was only on that rep. But once i done the 3, it reverted back to only letting me do 2 hourlies lol.
    None of the others still wont let me do 3 hourlies a day.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    educ8tr wrote: »
    I'm on kind of the opposite side where I just did the upgrade projects, and got to tier 3 on two rep chains and I can't find the 20hr daily projects to start; all I can see is the hourly project. Maybe I am just dense or blind, but unless I can find those dailies again I am stuck doing the hourly missions.

that would suck :(
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • educ8treduc8tr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes it most definitely does. I am hoping it is just a glitch or something... I have no idea why else the 20hour daily projects would not be showing up anymore.
    edited July 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    There was a report of a bug - not sure if it was ever fixed - that having a project slotted in the "next project" slot counts against the quota, and then when it becomes the active project, is counted a second time. This resulted in players who slot the upcoming project only getting to do 2 per day rather than 3.

Ever since I saw that bug report, i do not use the "next project" slots. Ever.

Thanks, i'll try it :)
    I guess if there is a work around, why would they fix it? :rolleyes:

As for the missing dailies... you might be able to trick it into resetting by slotting another project there and then immediately cancelling it. Or the same with that third box where the tier upgrades go

That has me stumped. Only thing i could think of, is to maybe cancel all rep projects and see if it appears then.
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    educ8tr wrote: »
    Yes it most definitely does. I am hoping it is just a glitch or something... I have no idea why else the 20hour daily projects would not be showing up anymore.

You tried cancelling all rep projects to see if it shows up? Im guessing you may have already tried it, but worth asking :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the same boat. Only been able to do a total of 2 hourly per day since the new system launched.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited July 2014
    Yes... try slotting a project in every possible slot, and then cancelling them without putting anything into them. See if maybe that resets the board, so to speak.

I cancelled all my rep projects. Hadn't started on them for the day at the time of doing that.
    Then slotted 1 hourly and 1 daily, got them going. Didn't slot any others into the secondary slots.
    When the hourly completed, i claimed it, then started the second hourly, claimed it when it completed.. and your method worked, i was able to finally slot the third and get the rep points for it.....yaayyy lol :)
    Thanks for telling me. Just hope it keeps working :)

Still, i think the devs should fix this
    planet-space-sun.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the same boat. Only been able to do a total of 2 hourly per day since the new system launched.

read my last post, westmetals suggested it, i tried it and seems to allow the 3rd :)
    planet-space-sun.jpg