test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Crafted gear and the KDF fleet of ships.

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion
With things like the wide arc heavy cannons, more flavors of 360 beams, and the UR versions of consoles like RCS do you think some of the KDF slower ships can now use cannons well?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if the ship can mount them it probably can... if they can use them well that has more to do with the captain then crafting. that being said beams are still probably a better choice.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A thing with those wide arc mods, that you can only equip 1 weapon with such a mod. For example, 1 wide arc DHC is possible while the rest are still normal, narrow arc DHCs.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wide Arc DHC is pretty useless if it is so limited, yes. No point having a cannon which won't match the rest of your guns that you can plink away with on its own doing no damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2014
    A thing with those wide arc mods, that you can only equip 1 weapon with such a mod. For example, 1 wide arc DHC is possible while the rest are still normal, narrow arc DHCs.

I suspected as much, but didn't see the limitation on the display screen.

So much for my 8 x 360 degree beam boat. SO DISAPPOINTED ;)
    edited June 2014
    Wide Arc DHC is pretty useless if it is so limited, yes. No point having a cannon which won't match the rest of your guns that you can plink away with on its own doing no damage.

Yep. Also, another thing is that almost every ship that can mount dual / dual heavy cannons tends to have good maneuverability. Presenting narrow arc weapons for fire is not an issue.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Reading for the win. I did not see that. That sucks hella bad. If there is one thing that I really hope to be "win" with new crafting it is that. I wanted to make a cannon vo'quv with a 360 beam in the back for subsystem attacks.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Well....there goes the last bit of interest I had holding for this new "system".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I'm wondering is the stacking of the traits included in the crafting:

Beams:
    Beam Arrays, Dual Beam Banks
    Beam Consoles – Unlocks at Tier 2
    Dilithium Components – Unlocks at tier 3
    Trait: On activating Beam skill, gain 2% Beam damage for 20 sec. Stacks x3.

Cannons:
    Dual Cannons, Turrets, Single Cannons, Dual Heavy Cannons
    Cannon Consoles – Unlocks at Tier 2
    Trait: On activating Cannon skill, gain +1 Turn Rate, +1 Inertia for 20 sec. Stacks x3.

Is it just me or is the x3 stacking weird? Considering you can, at most, get x2 stacks with the 20 sec. duration.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bo, wait 15 sec then fire - 0 sec, bfaw - 5 sec later after cd, bfaw 20. only way i can think off.
    I think they were thinking of something like this but forgot the activation time...

It takes time to activate a power .5 sec ? and 2 x is 1 sec so 2nd bfaw will be at 21 sec and to late...
    edited June 2014
    Reading for the win. I did not see that. That sucks hella bad. If there is one thing that I really hope to be "win" with new crafting it is that. I wanted to make a cannon vo'quv with a 360 beam in the back for subsystem attacks.

You can sort of do this right now.

Whatever cannons you want up front, 2 turrets, and the Omnidirectional AP beam aft also. The Omni AP makes use of BO, so I'm pretty sure the Subsystem Targeting should work with it.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can sort of do this right now.

Whatever cannons you want up front, 2 turrets, and the Omnidirectional AP beam aft also. The Omni AP makes use of BO, so I'm pretty sure the Subsystem Targeting should work with it.

They do, I use this on my torpedo boat science ships
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is the stacking of the traits included in the crafting:

Beams:
    Beam Arrays, Dual Beam Banks
    Beam Consoles – Unlocks at Tier 2
    Trait: On activating Beam skill, gain 2% Beam damage for 20 sec. Stacks x3.

Cannons:
    Dual Cannons, Turrets, Single Cannons, Dual Heavy Cannons
    Cannon Consoles – Unlocks at Tier 2
    Trait: On activating Cannon skill, gain +1 Turn Rate, +1 Inertia for 20 sec. Stacks x3.

Is it just me or is the x3 stacking weird? Considering you can, at most, get x2 stacks with the 20 sec. duration.

In response to various comments raising concerns that you cannot actually build any stacks using only FAW...
    I'll probably increase the time at which you're allowed to refresh your stack up to 30 seconds from 20.
    ...indicates that they have acknowledged the issue and might take steps to address it. As far as the overall building of stacks, as long as you cycle your 15 sec global cannon/beam abilities, you both add stacks and refresh your buff timer. Then again, that's why there were concerns about FAW, as it made the trait useless for anyone actually running a beam setup.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i cant say im happy that we are limited to only one wide arc DHC but it also is not completely useless. with the wider arc its just a little more firepower added to turrets before you get all weapons on target. and will make scatter volley interesting as well .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious how the Over/Rapid will play out, since those are mods unique to crafting but they're not unique equip items, on certain of the Battle Cruisers that lack Tac BOFFs.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm curious how the Over/Rapid will play out, since those are mods unique to crafting but they're not unique equip items, on certain of the Battle Cruisers that lack Tac BOFFs.

From what I've read (sorry, don't feel like backtracking the posts at the moment), the [Over] still causes weapon power drain like any other Beam Overload, so I'm not sure that [Mod] is even going to be an advantage for beam users. It would make a great [Mod] for a DBB if it benefits from the shield penetration doffs, but even then it's sudden and unpredictable loss of weapon power. [Rapid], on the other hand, looks just plain cool, with great potential for things like Tetryon Glider and DEM.

Then again, I haven't bothered to playtest the new [Mods] myself, so hopefully I'm wrong about [Over] :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Then again, I haven't bothered to playtest the new [Mods] myself, so hopefully I'm wrong about [Over] :P

ahh who cares about beams anyways? beams are for feddy bears and Romulan circus clowns
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm still hoping they'll drop the "Only one of this mod can be used on a ship" limitation...
    My Bort will be happy then!