test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Needing GPU help....

ozymandius1ozymandius1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Ok, so my card(Radeon hd 4870) is going, and I need a new one. Problem is, I have a tight budget($200). I was looking at the R7 260, or ASUS GT640-2GD3 GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-Bit DDR3. Not sure if either are even any good though. I am running:

AMD FX 8120 8 core at 4.0GHz,
Asus M5A 78L-M LX motherboard,
and I think my power source is 628-ish(OCz).
Post edited by ozymandius1 on

Comments

• Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I recommend a 750Ti.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    I recommend a 750Ti.

Seconded.

However - shop around a bit. You may be lucky and find some previous generation cards that you can SLi or Crossfire for cheap. A bit over a year a go I finally replaced my aging 9800GTs with a pair of GTX 460s that I got at Microcenter for $35 each. So, with a respectable overclock, within spitting distance of modern $200 cards for $70.

I'm not saying to get old tech if you can afford new, but keep your options open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    dev1961dev1961 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I run the msi radeon r9 270x gaming. its factory overclocked and its right at 200 from tigerdirect