test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEM Question ?

aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
Just a General question.

Did they recently nerf DEM ? Me and a fellow fleet member seem to think its been nerfed ? Just feels that way :/.
Post edited by aureleus on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nerfed how?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well for an example, on both of our characters our DEMII's did about 54+. Now how ever there around 38ish, and we have not changed anything within our builds.

How ever, I relogged onto my human fed tac and my DEMII was over 87 o.O so is DEM effected by race and or ship ?
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not wise to trust the tooltip for DEM, it seems to only reflect the effects of one of the energy type consoles (phaser, I think). Lately, if anything, I've been seeing more DEM damage, but that be due to slowly improving builds on my ships.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok so, I figured out, with some advice from here. That DEM does in fact benefit from the phaser relays. Which I find to be a bit absurd really, I like my Romulan Plasma beams >.<. lolz So now if I want to get the most out of this build I have to use Phasers >.>. lol That's ganna be Spendy :( lol.
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It works the same with all energy damage types. It's only the DEM boff power tooltip that is bugged. Use your combatlog to judge DEM damage.
  • Options
    hokeb1hokeb1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    It works the same with all energy damage types. It's only the DEM boff power tooltip that is bugged. Use your combatlog to judge DEM damage.

This ^;)

+10
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »

This
    hokeb1 wrote: »
    This ^;)

+10

and this

DEM gets not extra buff from phasers except for a buged tooltip. It's an old old old bug.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's a shame that it's bugged, as that would fit phasers quite thematically.
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I didn't know ppl use dem for the direct damage.:P
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    noblet wrote: »

Me either... I thought they only used it for the Power DOFF.

I mean the actual damage it deals is extremely pathetic. I suppose if you were running a cannon setup with Canon Rapid Fire and Protonic Polarons (especially the experimental Proton gun) then it would be something altogether.
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Me either... I thought they only used it for the Power DOFF.

I mean the actual damage it deals is extremely pathetic. I suppose if you were running a cannon setup with Canon Rapid Fire and Protonic Polarons (especially the experimental Proton gun) then it would be something altogether.

I try to work it into a build if I can. With APB2 it accounts from 5 to 10 percent of my DPS.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    I mean the actual damage it deals is extremely pathetic.

Ahem... pathetic? I don't think so :P. DEM is capable of doing thousands of dps alone in dps builds and it's good to inflict direct damage through shields and to boost up numbers in the parse. Look this example, dem2 doing 5k dps with a 4.7k of max hit:

http://i.imgur.com/ddWYjjP.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    Ahem... pathetic? I don't think so :P. DEM is capable of doing thousands of dps alone in dps builds and it's good to inflict direct damage through shields and to boost up numbers in the parse. Look this example, dem2 doing 5k dps with a 4.7k of max hit:

....that cant be right...im calling you out :P

I never noticed those kind of results...is this the work of phaser consoles affecting it?

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    ....that cant be right...im calling you out :P

I never noticed those kind of results...is this the work of phaser consoles affecting it?

Nope, just a normal dps run with a tac bfaw scimitar
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well! after some More testing it seems you were right that the Tool Tip is Fubared, That's Fraking annoying! >.>. An just to let you know hasukurobi, DEM Does ALOT more Dmg then you think. As it is I am using a A2B build on my Scim, my Rom atm has +30% bonus Acc, 20.8% Crit chance and 105% Crit Severity, Unbuffed.

Hell! here's a Vid I did not long ago with a PvP match I was in using this build. An I am not even close to finishing this build and I average around 12k-14k~ish dps o.O.

I'm the Scim in this video fyi lolz.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBokrp5TrJ4
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    If you want higher DPS then you're going to have to ditch Aux2batt

lolz Explain! :eek: ?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    aureleus wrote: »
    lolz Explain! :eek: ?

Actually, you'll need to fly better to get the best dps...post your build and get it overhauled.

Join the dps channels as running with other high dps will increase your dps

Learn the coat hangar of ise. Sarcasm did a right up on it about a week ago.

Non aux2batschim>aux2bat schim. Because you have access to enough dps boff slots to hit gcd and you have the valdore console for heals...then factor in decent aux and ya. non a2b comes out on top...a2b faw schim will still crush and cannon boat

• Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just to chime in, I ran ISE alongside a Scimitar that dealt 37k DPS two days ago. (I did only around 18k :( ).

I always check the details of those who deal good damage, and from what I could see they used only Disruptors, not even a KCB. Their DEM2 parsed at around 3k-4k, can't recall exactly.

It was definitely not pathetic.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Just to chime in, I ran ISE alongside a Scimitar that dealt 37k DPS two days ago. (I did only around 18k :( ).

I always check the details of those who deal good damage, and from what I could see they used only Disruptors, not even a KCB. Their DEM2 parsed at around 3k-4k, can't recall exactly.

It was definitely not pathetic.

I am getting so very tempted to use dem in pvp now...no idea what to give up though...

• Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nandospc wrote: »

If you want higher DPS then you're going to have to ditch Aux2batt

Would either of you post your builds, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    While not asked for specifically, here is my build and a link to the combatlog.

Build:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=sohtohsfltacr_0

CombatLog:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6e1f9fq1fwawqh/Combatlog%20Sohtoh%2006-28-2014%201110%20Sovy%2022k.Log

And yes it is an evil Aux2Batt build. :rolleyes:

As you will see, DEM3 provided 10% damage.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why the Torp spread 1 when you have no torps.

You can use TT so you're insured of a 15 second shared cool down.

Aux2batt doesn't bring TT down to 15 seconds perfectly

The Torp Spread is for two reasons. One, I sometimes use torps. Second, I have the trait that gives a bonus per Tac skill activated. I just forgot to have the trait active when I ran ISE that the combatlog is from. An oversight on my part, but I just listed what the setup was at the time, regardless of the mistakes I had made.

In the description, I have listed the DOffs I had used, including one Conn Officer-Tac Team cd.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sohtoh wrote: »
    While not asked for specifically, here is my build and a link to the combatlog.

Build:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=sohtohsfltacr_0

CombatLog:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6e1f9fq1fwawqh/Combatlog%20Sohtoh%2006-28-2014%201110%20Sovy%2022k.Log

And yes it is an evil Aux2Batt build. :rolleyes:

As you will see, DEM3 provided 10% damage.

Have you tried swapping out one Plasma Array for the Experimental Proton Weapon with its Console? I'm in a JHDC not an FACR, but the reduction in energy drain, the +3% critical hit bonus, and the ability to toss out a CSV in between my FAWs actually increased my DPS by around 1k.

Also - dang, never noticed the Pirate trait. I'll just have to console myself with my Orion slave girl, I guess.