test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solanae Overcharged Warp Core

astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
Is there another way to get the Solanae Overcharged Warp Core on my Klingon character other then the 4 Year Anniversary Event?

It's not available as a reward in the "A Step Between Stars" Episode of the Solanae Dyson Sphere Episodes. :(
Post edited by astimingpyle on

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Is there another way to get the Solanae Overcharged Warp Core on my Klingon character other then the 4 Year Anniversary Event?

It's not available as a reward in the "A Step Between Stars" Episode of the Solanae Dyson Sphere Episodes. :(

Wasn't the solanae core the one that was built into the carrier? Which I'm not 100% sure is still available with the mission...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is available only as part of Dyson science destroyer ship (9 console version, NOT the one from C-Store) that was being rewarded during 4 Year Anniversary event. If you have slotted that project, you can complete it during the next anniversary to get the ship. Other option is to buy that ship from Lobi store for 600 lobi crystals.
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    damix4 wrote: »
    It is available only as part of Dyson science destroyer ship (9 console version, NOT the one from C-Store) that was being rewarded during 4 Year Anniversary event. If you have slotted that project, you can complete it during the next anniversary to get the ship. Other option is to buy that ship from Lobi store for 600 lobi crystals.

Ah, okay thanks.
    So, wait for an anniversary, or Lobi.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    damix4 wrote: »

Ah, yes. Memory faulty. The warp core and the secondary deflector came on the "free" 9 console science destroyer, which now can only be obtained for 600 Lobi crystals...

Sadly, they closed out all incomplete projects once the ship hit the lobi store. I had a Rom Tac that was a couple of hundred anniversary doohickies away and now he don't have the project, I'd have to buy it for the full 600 now...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited June 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Wasn't the solanae core the one that was built into the carrier? Which I'm not 100% sure is still available with the mission...

I think you are thinking of the Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core which came from the Obelisk Carrier found in the episode “Sphere of Influence” which is the Worf episode.

The warp core I'm asking about is the Solanae Overcharged Warp Core which goes with the Dyson Science Destroyers found in the Episode "A Step Between Stars" which is the Tuvok episode.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Solanae_Dyson_Science_Destroyer
    Part of the anniversary ship which us now in the lobi store

Sorry man
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ah, okay thanks.
    So, wait for an anniversary, or Lobi.

I doubt they will ever make it available for free again. Don't hold your breath waiting for another anniversary. They'll have a new ship by the next anniversary most likely.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Indeed, none of the previous anniversary ships (Oddy, Ambassador) were made available for free during subsequent anniversaries. The "free" Oddy and Ambassador went into the Fleet shipyards, while the Sci Destroyer went to the Lobi store. If you want one now, that's your only option. Waiting for the next anniversary would be a waste of time.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did the free Ambassador go into the Fleet shipyard? If so, I'm not seeing it. I see a Fleet Ambassador that requires 4 FSMs, but no "freebie T5" one like the Odyssey that requires 200,000 FCs, and a T5 shipyard.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? I would really like a T5 Ambassador, but am reluctant to part with 2000 zen worth of FSMs for the Fleet one.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Free T5 Ambassador is no longer available. Just the Fleet one and the free T3.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited June 2014
    I guess I'll give up on that warp core for now. I'm a long way from enough Lobi. But slowly over time, maybe... unless the reason I want it changes and I abandon it altogether.

Thanks for the replies, guys!
  • frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually it is pretty cheap of Cryptic not to include the core/secondary deflector into the C-Store versions, forcing you to buy an inferior Lobi ship that will most likely be dismissed instantly after stripping the core and sec. deflector.

Way to go, Cryptic!
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frakr wrote: »
    Actually it is pretty cheap of Cryptic not to include the core/secondary deflector into the C-Store versions, forcing you to buy an inferior Lobi ship that will most likely be dismissed instantly after stripping the core and sec. deflector.

Way to go, Cryptic!

It is also a reward to those players who bothered to grind their way to get the ship.

Unlike the Obelisk grind, which was completely pointless as it came with nothing unique, and was made 100% obsolete by the Advanced version.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    It is also a reward to those players who bothered to grind their way to get the ship.

Doing a 2 min mission 15 times over the course of a month is not a grind. They day cryptic requires you to raid 9-12 hours a week for 6 months to max a rep people can call it a grind.

I need to make this my sig
    It's funny at first. Then you notice people using the terms work, hard, effort more and more. Then it's no longer funny. Not because any of it is work or requires effort, but because of the realization that's the kind of players that you're surrounded by...they need to reach for the oxygen mask after logging in cause it was just so much work...
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frakr wrote: »

Way to go, Cryptic!

dont forget this is a one time ship. if you dismiss the lobi version you lose the ability to get more of the cores and deflectors, as you can not reclaim it. Unless you buy more of them.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck