test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 Dev Blog #30: Odyssey Uniforms

Comments

• sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If we start talking about hats please add these https://startrekreview.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/320x2401.jpg Picard whould approve

If we're going to do a hat. Then it needs to be THIS ONE to go with the new Formal Uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Klingon officers who have reached Rank 4 of their Marauding CXP status and claimed their enemy faction BOff from DS9, will be able to outfit their Starfleet faction Bridge-Officer in the Odyssey uniform.

Does this finally mean that KDF can actually customize their Starfleet BOffs?
    m12Pkoj.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I noticed when I logged out a 1400MB patch lol I wonder if its these uniforms or just a 9.5 pre patch lol.
  • blayydeblayyde Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Damn if this works on the KDF Marauding Boff you've finally at least made a workaround to an over 2 years old problem.
    Update for everyone! Adding this to the blog as well.

Q: Can my cross faction Bridge Officer wear the Odyssey/Bortasqu' uniform?

A: Yes! Mr Marrone and I just confirmed it, if you have your Diplomacy/Marauding cross faction BOff, you can indeed access the uniform for their corresponding fleet.

Make sure to try this on your Fed/KDF BOffs if you have reached top tier in Diplomacy/Marauding CXP and have claimed your cross faction Bridge Officer.

Enjoy your new snazy threads everyone :)

~CaptainSmirk

Others have already commented on this, but let me add that if this means I can finally edit my KDF Marauding Boff then thank you! I don't care about the costume that much, I just want her to have the same face and body as one of my Fed-side captains. (Undercover operatiive, you know...)

I must admit this post still has me a little confused.

I'm assuming this means I can set the Fed Diplomacy Boff to the Bortasqu' uniform and the KDF Marauder Boff to the Odyssey uniform. (So the cross faction officer can wear his natural faction's new uniform, but has no options to match his crewmates)

One reply, however, seemed to think you meant you can set the Fed Diplomacy Boff to the Odyssey uniform, and the KDF Marauder Boff to the Bortasqu' uniform. (So there would finally be a way for the cross faction Boff to match his crewmates)

Am I right that it's the first option? I'm guessing it's not the second, because I'm going on the assumption that the cross faction officer simply is presented with the choices for the other faction. To add the Odyssey or Bortasqu' on top of that would require a special option, like the Off Duty selection. Or allowing ALL uniforms from EITHER side to be chosen from.

If you've only tested this out for the Feds, and the KDF is still broken I take back everything I said above. :)
  • abdeziel9abdeziel9 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I purchased the Odyssey uniform and can get the Odyssey lower; but am not getting an option for the Odyssey belt. Bridge officer fail - using the WoK belts for now.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    All Ship NPCs now use the Odyssey Uniforms.

not even true they still have those ugly uniforms on
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    Yes....season 9.5

:cool:

which is one tribble, where I looked, and couldn't
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great news if you are a member of a Faction. Not so great if you are a member of a Fraction.
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A Nemesis Uniform would be nice to have. ;)
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dhiemm wrote: »
    A Nemesis Uniform would be nice to have. ;)

For the Remans? I do believe it's there already. Unless you mean something else.
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    See, when you get it right Cryptic, it's all for the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Attached to this message are replicator patterns for the Odyssey uniform

Then where's my bloody uniform! Dammit Quinn you can't do anything right. :P

More seriously I like the new FED threads A LOT but I'm just a little disappointed that the bortasque gear is only getting new accessory items (no new shirt/pants by the look of it). The base looks great as is but with what the FED is getting I was hoping for a bit more variety.

Still, yay.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For the Remans? I do believe it's there already. Unless you mean something else.

He means the outfits the Romulans wore in Nemesis. Also, please to unlock all uniform items for Tal Shiar would be the bombs.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rtk142 wrote: »
    which is one tribble, where I looked, and couldn't

Did you look at the fleet tailor? The update (which is a part of 9.5, they state that explicity in the blog) isn't automatic, if you've purchased the old fleet uniforms you have to go back to pick up the new variants (free but you do need access.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Very Good and well for my Starfleet and Kdf characters, but my Romulans are left out to dry it appears. *sighs and gets back to shooting epohhs*
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • acetx#6540 acetx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Delete Please
    Post edited by acetx#6540 on
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    derrico1 wrote: »
    not even true they still have those ugly uniforms on

Sorry I should have clarified. On tribble right now (So 9.5 testing) ship interior NPCs all wear Odyssey uniforms.
    abdeziel9 wrote: »
    I purchased the Odyssey uniform and can get the Odyssey lower; but am not getting an option for the Odyssey belt. Bridge officer fail - using the WoK belts for now.

The belt comes with 9.5.
  • makutateridax200#3540 makutateridax200 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is the type of thing that adds some much needed sanity to the STO universe. my favorite thing about the ody uniform, and especially the academy uniform, is that they look like an art upgrade to the AGT uniform, the uniform the game SHOULD have launched with, as the standard uniform. despite the pants riding up way to high...

the fleet variant unlocks look absolutely great, and the rest of the klingon options finaly getting released im probably most happy about overall. the vet coat, skirt, and finally shoulder pads and more gauntlets are a great adition.

i'll be spending quite a lot of time at the tailor when 9.5 goes like, that's for sure.

now that you mention the AGT Uniforms...i almost always deviated towards those or the DS9 uniforms for my captains as they were the last uniforms seen *though i do make exceptions...see my "Misty character or "Kami"*
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Very Good and well for my Starfleet and Kdf characters, but my Romulans are left out to dry it appears. *sighs and gets back to shooting epohhs*

We weren't even mentioned.....

People act like since our planet blew up we got nothing and need nothing.....Romulan Territory is still larger than KDF according to 2409 path story,

Im going to go have some ale and pretend I didn't read todays post...

(some of us cant be happy damnt)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bunansa wrote: »

People act like since our planet blew up we got nothing and need nothing.....Romulan Territory is still larger than KDF according to 2409 path story,

There should at least be something for Romulans.

#Smirkfail :(
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am quite excited to see this blog, and ecstatic over the uniformity of the Odyssey. It is sleek. Sharp. Looks GREAT! I'm quite the fan of the color choices. I'm disappointed that the KDF are not getting a similar faction-wide NPC makeover, but c'est la vie.

Yeah as usual KDF gets left by the way side on a bright note we have a new unifrom what is that now 3
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Speaking of new skirt options, any chance of Roms getting some more? They have all of ONE free skirt option currently. The one on the Fed/KDF choice screen would be nice to have.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

Introducing the Odyssey and Bortasqu' uniforms, the latest options available to Captains! UI Artist Thomas "TheCrypticCat" Marrone showcases the latest fashion to hit Star Trek Online in our latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy

Shouldn't this be crammed into the other thread where the rest of the blogs were placed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yay! Fingerless gloves for my Klingons!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Don't make me get the costume guys to build a cowboy hat. . .

Ooh! A hat pack would be awesome.

United Earth Starfleet Baseball Cap.
    Niners Baseball Cap.
    Logicians IDIC Baseball Cap.
    Cowboy Hat.
    Iotian Boater Hat.
    Iotian Fedora.
    Iotian Cloche Hat for Women.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    Make me a Fez while you're at it.

Fez's are cool
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and the romulans get nothing no new ships and NO new uniforms youd think they woud have a uniform for the scim itar bundle but nope just the shaft :mad:
  • maywynd1288maywynd1288 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ON TOPIC: I think this is going to be an amazing renovation to this already amazing game. I'm already using the Odyssey, but I'm LOVING all these varients. I'll still be using the TOS nurse's skirt for my female BOFFs, but thank you Devs for all the tailor guides! I'll hang out on my ship alot more now that they'll actually be wearing matching uniforms.

Way to keep tradition, guys. Kudos. :)
    "Discuss in forums" doesn't link.

I like it, although that fed logo belt is uber tacky on the last pic. No tacky belt buckles in the future, please.

The JupVet belt looks alot better in-game with certain combinations of outfits, I'm actually currently using it for the odyssey uniform on my captain rather then kit belts. :cool:

I'm honestly surprised since the expansion has been out for, recently, a year... That there's still no improvement on shipboard stuff, like duty officers like we Starfleet captains get, or KDF get as well... They could have improved on Romulan shipboard interactivity rather then just slapped on a double mark weekend... >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Starfleet: Endar Telvanni (Main), Eight of Twelve (Delta), Three of Five, Parmaq Tera'vo'
    KDF: Lok'tar Ogar, Kasumi T'Soni (Delta)
    Romulan: Five of Seven
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.