test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disapearing/missing items. (TEAM INVESTIGATING)

zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I swapped some of my ship items to my shuttle and placed 2 of my bio phaser turrets in my inventory. My inventory is always full with only 2 spots open, so i hardly loot or discard items.
I done hours of shuttle queues, loads of fun and all then after swapping gear back to my normal ship i noticed my 2 turrets are not in my inventory anymore, I searched just in case on my bank, account bank, on all my ships at the shipyard, nothing :(

Just wondering if others have witnessed the same issue?
If not then I must have discard them somehow :confused:
Post edited by zuigje010 on

Comments

• romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So I started a shuttle event after just finishing one, and it said some of my equipment was 'equipped on another ship'. I tried to get them back but they weren't available. So I switched new equipment into the shuttle and carried on. At the end I go back to my default ship and the equipment says 'Equipped on another ship'. Except it isn't. So I click 'Loadout' and then my equipment goes completely blank. It's not in my bank/account bank or anything. 2xcritd x3 weapons, plasmonic leech, lobi console, reputation equipment... all gone... the little box that comes up when you click a slot no longer has the item in it.

Suffice to say I am pretty annoyed right now....!
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yup, got the same prob since yesterday :(

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1130961
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please read the Master Index BEFORE posting next time

The Known bug issue list is at - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111881
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited June 2014
    Items being deleted is NOT on that list. I have added it to the one that mostly fits the description (duplication being that the items are not duplicated but removed) but next time please read the bug BEFORE asking us to repost it onto the list.
    edited June 2014
    zuigje010 wrote: »
    Yup, got the same prob since yesterday :(

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1130961

I know its sucks but kinda glad its not just me. Lets hope our stuff gets returned! And I'm not going crazy but the bug aint on that list... lol
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I sure hope this isn't the result of the fix to prevent item duplication.. because if the result is that items are deleted instead of duplicated then the "fix" is much worse than the original bug.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • goddessoflifegoddessoflife Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know its sucks but kinda glad its not just me. Lets hope our stuff gets returned! And I'm not going crazy but the bug aint on that list... lol

actually I brought it to their attention technical support / customer service. I lost about half my Dyson/8472/solonae set parts cause it glitched. And apon dismissed the shuttle did not dump into inventory.
    The reply was pretty straightforward ,sorry but we can't help you. so I'll leave this here for whatever you guys think of it.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's a pretty typical response from support. I'm uncertain if they even have the tools needed to mess with character inventories to grant items.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • goddessoflifegoddessoflife Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm guessing that much cause the response was clear cut. Just wish they posted warnings about it more thoroughly cause it has me considering not even grinding reputations on that toon for a long while. That is my only care now giving others warning to strip it before dismissing it. :eek:
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I posted this in another forum without any response:
    I have a odd issue, instead of a duplication how about reputation items go completely missing after a game crash.

I was at my fleet spire and attempted to transwarp to the fleet starbase and the game crashed and exited to the login screen. So naturally I reclogged in. Logging in I was back at the spire. So I tried again to transwarp to fleet starbase... Poof! Game client crashes back to login screen. After 3 attempts I shutdown the game and went to bed as it was around 3am in the morning.

The next day when logging in I noticed that my loadout was incorrect, So I chose to exit to sector space then transwarped to earth space dock. At earth space dock I went to the Ship Selection area and attempted to located the proper ship equipment and what do you know.. My entire Adapted Maco Deflector, Adapted Maco Impulse engine and Adapted maco shield were all missing and could not be located. Ironically it shows it is on my Shuttle.. Sort of. But its greyed out and says it equipped on another ship. I check my other ships on my account and the entire set is missing. I contacted PWE customer service and they said they do not keep records of any kind and that I should upload a screenshot here. Please develpers help me get back my missing Adpated Maco Mk xii space set that I earned months ago from the reputation system please!
    It is not on any of my ships, not on my shuttle and not in my bank.

Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/dtblfvtr5/

I wonder if the Development teams will look into reputation gear mysteriously vanishing after game crash incidents ... Still keeping my fingers crossed because the in game GM support said they cant help and I needed to post this here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I posted this in another forum without any response:
    I have a odd issue, instead of a duplication how about reputation items go completely missing after a game crash.

I was at my fleet spire and attempted to transwarp to the fleet starbase and the game crashed and exited to the login screen. So naturally I reclogged in. Logging in I was back at the spire. So I tried again to transwarp to fleet starbase... Poof! Game client crashes back to login screen. After 3 attempts I shutdown the game and went to bed as it was around 3am in the morning.

The next day when logging in I noticed that my loadout was incorrect, So I chose to exit to sector space then transwarped to earth space dock. At earth space dock I went to the Ship Selection area and attempted to located the proper ship equipment and what do you know.. My entire Adapted Maco Deflector, Adapted Maco Impulse engine and Adapted maco shield were all missing and could not be located. Ironically it shows it is on my Shuttle.. Sort of. But its greyed out and says it equipped on another ship. I check my other ships on my account and the entire set is missing. I contacted PWE customer service and they said they do not keep records of any kind and that I should upload a screenshot here. Please develpers help me get back my missing Adpated Maco Mk xii space set that I earned months ago from the reputation system please!
    It is not on any of my ships, not on my shuttle and not in my bank.

Here is a screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/dtblfvtr5/

I wonder if the Development teams will look into reputation gear mysteriously vanishing after game crash incidents ... Still keeping my fingers crossed because the in game GM support said they cant help and I needed to post this here.

If you can get me your @handle, I'll do what I can.
    STO QA Team
    edited June 2014
    my in game identification is

Gabriel@gabrielspcs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Any updates? I have not seen a reply yet or the items returned back to my inventory or any of my ships.. Would really like a bit of communication if possible...

Thanks ahead of time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Still no response... K, this leads me to now believe that items can magically go missing for no reason including if I were to pay money out of my debit card to purchase zen which I have done a handful of times... scary thought.

So by the lack of any resolve or reply, am I to understand that Star Trek Online is no longer safe to make purchases anymore? Shouldn't more people be alerted of this elusive bug that others as well have encountered after reading the forums?

Please someone from the development team resolve this and reply. I can live without the directx11 working properly but if I pay actual money for items in game then I should not be ignored as a paying customer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Still no response... K, this leads me to now believe that items can magically go missing for no reason including if I were to pay money out of my debit card to purchase zen which I have done a handful of times... scary thought.

So by the lack of any resolve or reply, am I to understand that Star Trek Online is no longer safe to make purchases anymore? Shouldn't more people be alerted of this elusive bug that others as well have encountered after reading the forums?

Please someone from the development team resolve this and reply. I can live without the directx11 working properly but if I pay actual money for items in game then I should not be ignored as a paying customer.

The issue is being investigated. I have no other information at this time, but I'll see if I can get you some more information.
    STO QA Team
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for the reply, I was starting to get worried that nobody cared. This brings back my confidence that you folks are making sure that players are indeed looked after.

Once again, Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for the reply, I was starting to get worried that nobody cared. This brings back my confidence that you folks are making sure that players are indeed looked after.

Once again, Thank you

Thumbs up for frost he a great dev
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A new bug for me: Reputation Sponsorship tokens went missing! My lead (FED) character just reached Omega T5 yesterday, so I minted 3 shiny new sponsorship tokens for my other 3 alts; as I was returning from my fleet starbase (Phoenix Legion XII) to Federation space, I got a server message that it has a character identification fault, and I had to login from the "orbital" splash page. I looked in vain in all my alt's bank accounts, including the account bank, where I had planned to put them, but nothing, and now i'm out 600 Omega marks...

Character nick = Alpha@centaurianalpha

Thanks for any help you can bring!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • trythreetrythree Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When did the crashes occur and the items disappear?. The more information I have the faster I can figure out what happened.

Thanks

Edit: contacting Forum staff to get my Dev title.
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness.. its been about a week... I would say sometime around Sunday the 15th or Monday the 16th.. Not exactly sure on the exact time. I normally play in the afternoons and then a little in the late evening to the wee hours of the morning. So this could have happened anytime between 7pm to 3am mountain time. I think... If you guys had a magic rewind ability you would see it because I was swapping around ship equipment at the fleet spire at the ship selection console and when I was finished I tried to transwarp to the fleet starbase when the game crashed and I had this happen a few times in a row.. I would assume it was after midnight because I gave up and just chose after a few crashes it must be a bug and just said "Return to Sector space" which of course goes right back to earth space dock. Then I went to bed..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When did the crashes occur and the items disappear?. The more information I have the faster I can figure out what happened.

Thanks

Edit: contacting Forum staff to get my Dev title
    NVM, When I logged in this morning, I found the sponsorship tokens in one on my alt's bank... thx anyway!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I noticed after downtime on Thursday 26, June that one of my characters was missing at least two items. They were both bound to my character (cannot be sold on exchange) and were at the very top of my inventory.

Character name is Grunthar@mackermomo

To replicate:
    1. Start a KDF character.
    2. Name the character Grunthar@mackermomo.
    3. Become a lifetime subscriber.
    4. Play long enough to earn a Jackal Mastiff.
    5. Buy an IDC tribble.
    6. Use both items many times on the same character.
    7. Purchase additional inventory slots.
    8. Remove both items from the character and place them in inventory at the very top row.
    9. Log off from the game and wait for STO gremlins to visit your character.
    10. Log on and attempt to use the items, noticing they are missing.
    11. Search everywhere, bank, account bank, vendor you sell junk to, inventory overflow, dil store reclaim.
    12. Create a GM ticket and have the GM tell you they don't have the authority to replace lost items, but sure wish they did.

I can run the Rura Penthe Mission again to replace the mastiff, but the tribble costs 300 Zen. Honestly, as a lifetime member and person who just purchased $150 in zen, that's not too much of a loss. It's the principle of the thing I can't swallow. Why should I waste my time and money on Cryptic's error?

Thank you.
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mackermomo wrote: »
    I noticed after downtime on Thursday 26, June that one of my characters was missing at least two items. They were both bound to my character (cannot be sold on exchange) and were at the very top of my inventory.

Character name is Grunthar@mackermomo

To replicate:
    1. Start a KDF character.
    2. Name the character Grunthar@mackermomo.
    3. Become a lifetime subscriber.
    4. Play long enough to earn a Jackal Mastiff.
    5. Buy an IDC tribble.
    6. Use both items many times on the same character.
    7. Purchase additional inventory slots.
    8. Remove both items from the character and place them in inventory at the very top row.
    9. Log off from the game and wait for STO gremlins to visit your character.
    10. Log on and attempt to use the items, noticing they are missing.
    11. Search everywhere, bank, account bank, vendor you sell junk to, inventory overflow, dil store reclaim.
    12. Create a GM ticket and have the GM tell you they don't have the authority to replace lost items, but sure wish they did.

I can run the Rura Penthe Mission again to replace the mastiff, but the tribble costs 300 Zen. Honestly, as a lifetime member and person who just purchased $150 in zen, that's not too much of a loss. It's the principle of the thing I can't swallow. Why should I waste my time and money on Cryptic's error?

Thank you.

6/30/2014

The Jackal Mastiff is back, but now it has shown up on my Science character Tuk KDF@mackermomo. As far as I know the IDIC tribble is still missing.:eek:
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Well, I did have a single item disappear a while ago from my adapted maco ground set, but yesterday I had the opposite effect. My loadouts were screwed up when I went into the game. The items had been put in my inventory for some reason, so I put them back on my ship. I log in today, and all the items that I had put back in my ship got duplicated (I had copies in my inventory). There is something seriously wrong with the loadout system. Funny thing, all the duplicated items were reputation and lobi store items (Except the plasmonic leech console).
    edited July 2014
    I just came back after being away for a week and it looks like my items still have yet to re-appear as mysteriousely as they disappeared... No messages in game from developers or moderators, no new mail, and the items are nowhere to be located on any of my ships... I take it that I am just Shoot out of luck right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I postedthis as a new thread earlier today (just found this thread) Figured I would add it here also.

I discovered that my MkXII Very rare Jem'Hadar personal armor disapeared, The rifle and shield of the set are still equiped.

1 I logged on my Fed toon Talia
    2 I Finished out then started multiple Doff missions
    3 I pickup the "Investigate Officer Reports" and the Foundry mission "Sword of the Kuv'Magh"
    4 Ileft ESD and flew to Regulas and did the Sword twice
    5 I traveled back to ESD to and opened my character sheet to change my ship load out and check on reputation project progress.
    6 I started several rep projects, then moved around my ships wepons a bit.
    7 At this point I noticed my toon was not wearing her MkXII Jem'Hadar Armor. I looked in my inventory and checked to see if it was there or in overflow maybe not there I checked all of my BOFFs not there, and docked at ESD and checked my bank not there.
    8 I can not honestly say when or where it disapeared but it is gone.

I do not know if this is a "Bug" per se' but Support told me in a reply to my ticket to create a bug report so here it is.

Talia@Gorrbagg
    edited July 2014
    I have described my issue to account support and to bug tracking and the issues were never resolved and here it is many weeks later... Kinda bumbed as some of these things are VERY expensive in game.... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My problem isn't that things are disappearing, but that consoles are unequipping spontaneously and ending up in my inventory. I don't know what's causing it, but it's gotten annoying. I only posted it here because I noticed someone mention that they've had items move and leave behind an icon.

I'm guessing this is somehow related to the loadout management system (which I don't use).