test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is a load of BS

gorrbagggorrbagg Member Posts: 80 Arc User
This is the reply I got from support to a tiket i put in when the armor from my LOBI purchased Jem'Hadar ground set MkXII disapeared off of my toon yesterday.

REDACTED due to TOS

Apparently I am just out of luck when an item I PAID REAL MONEY to get just disapears off of my character????

That is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

I WANT MY ARMOR BACK!!!

Rest assured I WILL NEVER EVER SPEND MONEY on this or any other game associated with PWE again!!!
Post edited by gorrbagg on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Before you get angry you need to understand how the process works.

assuming this is not a user error or its on another of your bridge officers etc, the reason they cant help is GM reports go the Gm's who handle billing issues, moderation, maybe getting people who are stuck off of maps.

they however are not the developers. they cant do a single thing about the games code. if this item just vanished then is a bug that the developers need to fix. you need to send a bug report with as much info about your situation as you can, and report it on the forums and a developer will be able to see the problem, hopefully track it down and then fix it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not trying to get banned, what have I done to get banned?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,353 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    gorrbagg wrote: »

Posting those types communications with PWE/Cryptic in the forums is against TOS.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    by even answering tht for the forum the mods will step in and alert you through a pm. beyond that none of us can tell you or we can get into trouble by discussing moderation.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Posting a copy of how useless the GM help is, is Against forum rules you're not allowed to show their incompetence:rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the reply I got from support to a tiket i put in when the armor from my LOBI purchased Jem'Hadar ground set MkXII disapeared off of my toon yesterday.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are encountering some issues with your Jem'Hadar Armor. Please check your inventory and if it is full, please check your overflow bag. You may also want to check your bank and your bridge officer's equipment just in case they got accidentally got equipped.

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist in restoring missing items. With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com

Regards,

Perfect World Support

Apparently I am just **** out of luck when an item I PAID REAL MONEY to get just F'in' disapears off of my character????

That is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

I WANT MY ARMOR BACK!!!

Rest assured I WILL NEVER EVER SPEND MONEY on this or any other game associated with PWE again!!!

This is what you can get a warning for as flaming in the forums just follow the advice contact billing support or what the other guys said make a bug report on how it happened that it did disappear they might do something if more people complain about the same issue, so look at the forum bug reports if there are already complaints about this.

Have fun in the world of cryptic wizards :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited July 2014

i assume you quoted me instead of sopwithsnipe as i never mentioned banning, but to answer the question

1) you're not meant to report private correspondence or moderation on the forums. these are meant to be private as cryptic would not repost a private message you sent to them.

2) you're not meant to swear either.

these are two rule violations. chances are no one is going to ban you for it as they are quite lenient these days but you can get warnings or infractions than can build up.

if you want some advice, dont go straight to ranting and swearing and typing everything in capitals. calmly explain your situation and people will be more likely to offer their help.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahhh Vulcans :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    i assume you quoted me instead of sopwithsnipe as i never mentioned banning, but to answer the question

1) you're not meant to report private correspondence or moderation on the forums. these are meant to be private as cryptic would not repost a private message you sent to them.

2) you're not meant to swear either.

these are two rule violations. chances are no one is going to ban you for it as they are quite lenient these days but you can get warnings or infractions than can build up.

if you want some advice, dont go straight to ranting and swearing and typing everything in capitals. calmly explain your situation and people will be more likely to offer their help.

yes I used the wrong quote
    but the reply flat out says "If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com&quot;

wich is what i have done.

you are right I should not have sworn just upset.
    I apologize to all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yes I used the wrong quote
    but the reply flat out says "If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com&quot;

wich is what i have done.

you are right I should not have sworn just upset.
    I apologize to all.

i can see why you made the mistake there. its not immediately clear unless you read the Terms of service which to be honest no one really does.

they did not mean copy and paste their response but more of creating a thread and briefly explaining your situation to see if others have experienced the same thing, or if anyone had any suggestions of where it may have gone (again double check its not on your bridge officer, or somehow wound up in a bank etc)
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Posting a copy of how useless the GM help is, is Against forum rules you're not allowed to show their incompetence:rolleyes:

They don't like people to see just how terrible there CS is so they make it against the TOS.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the input and help captainrevo1 I am going to post a "bug" report and see what happens.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't blame the OP for being infuriated at PWE's CSR. Too many times they resort to "file a bug report" nonsense. Especially if you legally lost an item in a bug or update.

It's one of the top 3 reasons why I will never do business with PWE ever again after I'm done with STO. I had better dealings with Sony and rather go play their games again than playing a PW game.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Perfect World Entertainment - "...where games go to die..."

This thread is yet another example of why Cryptic is pushing another Lifetime Subcription discount. And irony of ironies (as if to openly admit that STO is doomed), LaughingTrendy posts an advertisement for another PWE game title right here on the STO forums! On most game forums, that kind of thing is against the TOS, subject to ban; think about it, do you really want to be drawing people away from your flagship IP if you are seriously going to continue to develop it?
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    badaabadinbadaabadin Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ive had stuff disappear as well i sent an email ticket thing all i got

for my trouble was email that the problem was solved except

i didnt get any of my stuff back its like the exchange if nobody

buy its gone for good

hope u do better then me
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    by even answering tht for the forum the mods will step in and alert you through a pm. beyond that none of us can tell you or we can get into trouble by discussing moderation.

Except what the Soviet Union does to dissenters in general...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In either case it's win/win for PWE...
    Of course; the House always wins. My point is that they win whether they abandon STO or not; their own financial success has nothing to do with any level of commitment to the player base or quality content. In fact, even if the IP begins to lose money for lack of players, they are able to divert their meager development resources to the next title in their inventory...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2014
    Theoretical: What if he reports it but they still dont give the armor back?
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Theoretical: What if he reports it but they still dont give the armor back?

Titanic ragequit thread rant of doom.

;)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thread closed.

If you want to make a bug report about your issue by all means but this thread doesn't help serve any purpose.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.