test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is what crafting looks like at Tier 20

jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
I found that the Aegis Shield is bugged and lets you get to crafting Tier 20 in a short time, and this is what it looks like when you get there:

https://flic.kr/p/nLbtwa

Is this a bad joke? After grinding TWO MILLION crafting XP, THAT is what you get?
Post edited by jaturnley on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We are men, dilithium is fish, and dolphins are cryptic

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • velanarvelanar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh dear..

:rolleyes:

That's all I got...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Is this a bad joke?

I'm not sure the percentages that it shows there are correct. That's based on the following:

"By the time you hit the maximum level of any school, you’ll regularly craft Rare and Very Rare items, and you’ll completely eliminate Common items from your potential outcomes."

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1147621

The percentages still show a chance for Common. Did you also notice that there was no Shield Trait? I just don't think they've finished the upper tier stuff...and as said...that the Aegis was left there as a mistake (probably something they were using themselves internally for testing).

Thus, they didn't expect folks to hit L20 as quickly as has happened. Probably didn't think folks had as many samples to convert as they did, probably didn't think folks would hit up Drozana for free Dil to spam Finish Now, and all the rest...etc, etc, etc.

Would be nifty to get some dev reply if this is the case...cause yeah, the percentages displayed don't match up with the statement about eliminating Common.

We're a couple of days into what's going to be near a month of testing...I'm giving them the slightest benefit of the doubt. I know I'm not going to need a cigarette and a nap in the end, been here too long for that...but I think it's a little early to be reaching for the uninstall.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's what the Aegis shield looks like at that level.

https://flic.kr/p/o3oebi

It's better, but a 20% chance of green is still not making me happy. I assume those two blank boxes will be filled with something that makes that chance better, but still, that's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG grind to have a 33% chance of getting a purple drop.

FYI, this won't make me quit the game by any means, but it sure doesn't make me have any desire at all to spend my valuable time on this system.
    edited June 2014

It's one of the reasons you can figure that those aren't done yet. Er...Aegis only comes in Very Rare/Purple. You crafted what...57+ of them to get to Level 20? Every single one is the same...
    edited June 2014
    It's one of the reasons you can figure that those aren't done yet. Er...Aegis only comes in Very Rare/Purple. You crafted what...57+ of them to get to Level 20? Every single one is the same...

Yeah, the higher level Aegis gear (or lower level, who knows) is definitely not there yet. Need an Aegis shield, I got plenty? :P
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    This is troubling, but why did you invert the colors of the picture? :confused:
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

what color invert? all i see is a change in ui color
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I get that this new system is supposed to nickle&dime with catalysts(on a personal note: terrible business choice), but if this is the future of crafting, I doubt this 'revamp' will see any more use than the current crafting system on holodeck - maybe even less.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I get that this new system is supposed to nickle&dime with catalysts(on a personal note: terrible business choice), but if this is the future of crafting, I doubt this 'revamp' will see any more use than the current crafting system on holodeck - maybe even less.

They are banking on the completionists that drive the holdings to completion.

Oh it'll get used, top pvpers are forced to stay relevant. Dps chasers will crave the extra edge, and most of the followers will follow suit leaving the majority of the player base accepting it's something they need when it really isn't.

I vote r and d become a fleet holding deal to level
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Figured that's what Level 20 looks like. Given the stuff we crafted, it's not really any better than what we already crafted on Holodeck.
    szerontzur wrote: »

Bingo!

This is what will happen. People will be excited and start crafting........until they see Dilithium costs. Then their happiness becomes WTF, and their free particle exchange exhausting, their WTF becomes ARG, and ARG turns into "I'm done with Crafting". All within 24-48 hours of it going live.

Their revision isn't improving Crafting at all. It's just prettier window dressing and changing the system to use DOFFs, all while adding more of a hidden Dilithium Tax. Crafting will be even more hated and avoided.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Figured that's what Level 20 looks like. Given the stuff we crafted, it's not really any better than what we already crafted on Holodeck.

Bingo!

This is what will happen. People will be excited and start crafting........until they see Dilithium costs. Then their happiness becomes WTF, and their free particle exchange exhausting, their WTF becomes ARG, and ARG turns into "I'm done with Crafting". All within 24-48 hours of it going live.

Their revision isn't improving Crafting at all. It's just prettier window dressing and changing the system to use DOFFs, all while adding more of a hidden Dilithium Tax. Crafting will be even more hated and avoided.

I went to Tribble to play with it. After I messed with it for 20 minutes my thought was WTF. Then I logged into Holodeck and started some Doff missions with the older and more informative interface.

So, this new crafting system, is a no go for me.

@Cryptic

Way to go! Excellent work! Changing something that wasn't broken which only needed a few improvements.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if completing additional Schools improves the crit rate for all schools or if it only affects the completed School. Also they probably don't have level 20 or all of the stuff hooked up yet. But if that truly is it, lol wow what a money suck.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    They are banking on the completionists that drive the holdings to completion.

Oh it'll get used, top pvpers are forced to stay relevant. Dps chasers will crave the extra edge, and most of the followers will follow suit leaving the majority of the player base accepting it's something they need when it really isn't.

I vote r and d become a fleet holding deal to level

Maybe. Perhaps the exclusive catalysts in the next lockbox will manage to be just shiny enough to draw enough demand to pay for all the man-hours going into the system. Perhaps it won't.

I really don't want to be a demoralizing harbinger here(I've been on the other side of the fence and know how much it sucks when people don't cheer head-over-heels over something you've put months of work into); I want this revamp to become a core feature that everyone enjoys using.

It's still early and things are far from finished, but the core of the system just doesn't cut it in its current incarnation. There's nothing exciting or engaging about the fundamental mechanics of this crafting system. Without solid and predictable outcomes to learn and refine, it just feels like paying bills for the sake of paying bills.
    edited June 2014

I am not sure what happened to the screen shots colors, I took several and they kept coming out like that. I rebooted between the first and second ones and it came out fine.
    edited June 2014
    Has anybody actually come across any Argonite Gas, Craylon Gas, Dentarium, Plekton, Radiogenic Particle, or Trellium-K?
  • agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree, I don't like the new interface at all, it seems much more simplistic, I would rather they keep the older interface, plus I like the idea of my department heads giving me suggestions.

this new interface just seems off, and yes I know it's not finished yet, but it doesn't seem to me like something that NEEDS to be fixed, its fine as it is.

I was looking at the dilithium costs in the system, it seems to me that the only time Dilithium will enter into it, is when you want to craft Mark XI and XII items, everything X and down will be non dilithium, which is a good.

but the fact that it uses Dilithium and not Unreplicatable materials puts us back in the issue of single people draining their personal dilithium accounts to craft for other people, im hoping that's temporary and it will be unreplicatable materials that way you can have group work.

I have always hated dilithium being in crafting at ANY level, but I know that it's here to stay unfortunately.
    edited June 2014
    but the fact that it uses Dilithium and not Unreplicatable materials puts us back in the issue of single people draining their personal dilithium accounts to craft for other people, im hoping that's temporary and it will be unreplicatable materials that way you can have group work.

The 5k and 20k Components can be sold/traded just like the Unreps...
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looks like their HR department came up with the ideas and implement crafting. As we know that if you are incompetent and technologically challenged with no sense of understanding of things then go work in HR.

The crafting should not be based on chances at all specially when you're investing dil.
    And why the frack the doff mission tab is messed up. Someone tried to fix it when it wasn't broken in first place.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miroexinmiroexin Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For me it is simple. In crafting I do not want to see 1% chance to get rare item.

I am crafting and not gambling. Plus what should I do with all the stuff I get till I lvl up. All my chars are lvl 50 fleet and reputation gear. What can they offer? Faster way than 10 sec to kill a cube?
    I am not crazy about mk 5 uncommons. And people lvl so fast up I can't eaven give it for free.

Nobody wants it.
    After 21 crafting assignments and burning 1575 dil to bypass 2h building time to build MK II dual cannon I got:
    0, yes zero very rare AP MK II dual canons
    p.s. I will execute my rare Jam’hadar who is serving under me for 1,5 years for incompetence it’s just a MK II dual canon, he is Energy Weapons Officer not a Doctor.
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Grats, you leveled up using aegis shield bug :)
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    omg I've been predicting this doom and gloom since I first saw the system It's took me 3 items and some foresight but thank you for the pictures that prove my point.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, crafting will only be useful to get the few unique items. So get what you want and be done with it.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks bugged to me. I wonder whats actually happening.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know that this isn't working as intended. In neverwinter cryptic have enchantment refining with a 1% chance of success, that eats items which cost the dill equivalent. Apparently people try for that 1% chance there.

I wouldn't go near it.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They said at rank 20 you eliminate the chance of commons, and massively reduce the chance of uncommon (with catalysts improving chance even more) so this pic is wrong at the moment.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2014

https://flic.kr/p/o3oebi

It's better, but a 20% chance of green is still not making me happy. I assume those two blank boxes will be filled with something that makes that chance better, but still, that's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG grind to have a 33% chance of getting a purple drop.

FYI, this won't make me quit the game by any means, but it sure doesn't make me have any desire at all to spend my valuable time on this system.

At max level with a purple doff it really should be at least 60% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon.

With catalyst it should be 80% very rare 20% rare...

If you were to add ultra rare on top of that, 55% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon 5% ultra rare.

with catalyst 65% very rare 20% rare 15% ultra rare
    edited July 2014
    At max level with a purple doff it really should be at least 60% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon.

With catalyst it should be 80% very rare 20% rare...

If you were to add ultra rare on top of that, 55% very rare 30% rare 10% uncommon 5% ultra rare.

with catalyst 65% very rare 20% uncommon 15% ultra rare

and if I don't wish to trow money at the C-Store and buy catalysts?

you know that's what they are for right? to make cryptic lots of money....
    why can't we get a system that just functions on it's own? I realize cryptic needs to make money but this is not the way. It's destroys the very system they try to exploit.

still not convinced read this:
    Honestly, crafting will only be useful to get the few unique items. So get what you want and be done with it.

as long as there is chance involved cryptic is stetting itself up for crafting 4 and the last 8 month's of abjuratorhawk's work will have been for nothing. I really hope that they fix it and the third time's the charm. both for us players and those working on it now.
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and if I don't wish to trow money at the C-Store and buy catalysts?

you know that's what they are for right? to make cryptic lots of money....
    why can't we get a system that just functions on it's own? I realize cryptic needs to make money but this is not the way. It's destroys the very system they try to exploit.

still not convinced read this:

as long as there is chance involved cryptic is stetting itself up for crafting 4 and the last 8 month's of abjuratorhawk's work will have been for nothing. I really hope that they fix it and the third time's the charm. both for us players and those working on it now.
    I know they are, but they should be buy able on exchange for EC. So I'm not as concerned.

I've done plenty of crafting with a certain amount of chances and they all were good systems. But i do agree they need limit the amount of chance.
    edited July 2014
    I know they are, but they should be buy able on exchange for EC. So I'm not as concerned.

I've done plenty of crafting with a certain amount of chances and they all were good systems. But i do agree they need limit the amount of chance.

personally I prefer to see them completely eliminate it. even at an increased cost to crafting if i chose to do so. though not if that increased cost is based in real money. in the end someone buys it from C-Store for real money even if i buy them from the exchange for EC.

I would rather see a system that say rolls random is I don't set any specification but allows me to do at an increased cost of components. so If I specify noting more than Item type and MK I get a random roll just as now. but if I set the rarity the cost of components needed to craft in creases the higher the rarity the more the increase.
    that's just where it starts. now that you know it's not a white item you also know exactly how many modifiers the item will have. you could leave those to be randomized or again invest more components to per modifiers to set those to specification.

I am fully Ok if this also means using up to 5 Doffs in crafting instead of just the one we do now. so a green Doff cannot oversee a project that crates a blue or better item. so that alone makes the quality you receive semi-random. to crate a purple you need a purple Doff and for each modifier you desire to set a blue or better doff of an appropriate specialization needs to be added to the project. now this will create a much more subtle push to buy Doff packs and roster increases from C-Store. that way cryptic will still make money i am not a against that. I rather spend it for connivance on my own terms than being forced into it to craft just one item.

the special items can crit roll to ultraviolet if we can use these catalyst to make that crit 100% it's pure PAY TO WIN. (even if it's not 100% but still an increased chance this applies.) pay to win is never fun! now I realize that the C-store ships are somewhat statistically better than regular ones and often provides a unique console. now that's just a small increase from the ship and 1/10 of all consoles that are equipped (at max level). I am still ok whit that. there are still 6 or 8 more weapons, deflectors, shields, warp/singularity cores, engines, possibly hangars and 9 other console slots unaffected. that still leaves 19 to 23 items unaffected. if you push this though in crafting pay to win will forever affect all these other slots. That's just space game crafting also crates items for the ground game that's up to now unaffected by pay to win.