test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Found the New Energy Weapon Mods (so far...)

martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
So I did some testing, and here's the mods I found so far:

• [Snare] to target: reduced turn and flight speed
  • [Pvp Res] +5 (I think) Bonus Damage Resistance Rating
  • [Pvp Dmg] +3% All Damage
  • [Pen] to target: -10 Damage Resistance Rating
  • [Over] Grants a chance to overload next beam (and yes, it does seem to come with the customary BO drain.)

So far, they seem confusingly labeled, as they all SEEM to be proc based, but do not list a chance to occur. Someone more thorough than me will have to test that stuff out.

Did anyone find any others? If so post them here, and we can get a good master list going.
Post edited by martakurill on

Comments

• raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't found anything else, but I'm out of materials now.

[PvPRes] at least doesn't list an effects on the weapon. Where are you taking the effects from?
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't found anything else, but I'm out of materials now.

[PvPRes] at least doesn't list an effects on the weapon. Where are you taking the effects from?

That was hard to find...I equipped it, and then checked the "info" from right click.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    • [Pvp Res] +5 (I think) Bonus Damage Resistance Rating
    • [Pvp Dmg] +3% All Damage

I didn't think they would add PvP-specific modifiers.
    So far, they seem confusingly labeled, as they all SEEM to be proc based, but do not list a chance to occur. Someone more thorough than me will have to test that stuff out.

I hope they write better tooltips before this is released.

Do you know if it's possible to get multiple copies of these modifiers? for example, [Pen]x2?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I did some testing, and here's the mods I found so far:

• [Over] Grants a chance to overload next beam (and yes, it does seem to come with the customary BO drain.)

As further clarification, this [over] proc activates a 6 second charge of Beam Overload 1 when the beam begins its firing cycle. 6 Seconds is just enough time for the beam to finish the cycle and fire the overload pulse.

This charge is applied to all beams, not just the beam with the [over] proc but will only activate when the [over] weapon fires.
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I didn't think they would add PvP-specific modifiers.

I hope they write better tooltips before this is released.

Do you know if it's possible to get multiple copies of these modifiers? for example, [Pen]x2?

I don't know for sure, but I didn't see any occurances of x2 on any of the new mods in any of my crafted items. And yes, I agree...the current tooltips are currently unacceptable. They HAVE to be placeholders.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I need one of these Over Beams

But sad face since I invested in some very expensive high quality weapons already, Big hopes for the Proc Modifier they mentioned before
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As further clarification, this [over] proc activates a 6 second charge of Beam Overload 1 when the beam begins its firing cycle. 6 Seconds is just enough time for the beam to finish the cycle and fire the overload pulse.

This charge is applied to all beams, not just the beam with the [over] proc but will only activate when the [over] weapon fires.
    I assume then that if it procs during FAW you have to wait until it finishes for the overload to fire like normal? So maybe it's a little something for non-FAW beam users?
  • bobsisko47bobsisko47 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just want to quickly add the [Thrust] mod, which grants +5% to flight speed and turn rate.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    I assume then that if it procs during FAW you have to wait until it finishes for the overload to fire like normal? So maybe it's a little something for non-FAW beam users?

Curious myself as to how this proc impacts faw...does it work with it, cancel it, or simply not activate? I may try and test this later, but the results might be clearer if someone with more [over] beams tries it. I only found one.

EDIT: Ran preliminary (and by no means comprehensive) test in the refueling depot daily. I could not get the [over] proc to trigger while fire at will was in progress. In the downtime between FAWs it seemed to trigger just fine. So early results say you DON'T want to use this on a FAW boat. Probably as it should be.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Thrust beam mod adds 5% speed and turnrate bonus to you.

With 8 weapons...this can be 40% speed and turnrate boost.

The Snare cannon mod adds 4.8% speed and turnrate reduction to your target.

With 8 weapons...this can be 38.4% speed and turnrate reduction.

I wonder why they are both not 5%. I'm assuming you can't get more than one of these mods. Imagine an A2B cruiser with 8 (thrust)x3 beams.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Curious myself as to how this proc impacts faw...does it work with it, cancel it, or simply not activate? I may try and test this later, but the results might be clearer if someone with more [over] beams tries it. I only found one.

EDIT: Ran preliminary (and by no means comprehensive) test in the refueling depot daily. I could not get the [over] proc to trigger while fire at will was in progress. In the downtime between FAWs it seemed to trigger just fine. So early results say you DON'T want to use this on a FAW boat. Probably as it should be.

Does the [Over] proc drain 50 weapon power like a normal BO?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does the [over] proc worth with the boff that adds 35% shield penetration?

If it does, it could work very nicely on a torpedo boat...
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The Thrust beam mod adds 5% speed and turnrate bonus to you.

With 8 weapons...this can be 40% speed and turnrate boost.

The Snare cannon mod adds 4.8% speed and turnrate reduction to your target.

With 8 weapons...this can be 38.4% speed and turnrate reduction.

I wonder why they are both not 5%. I'm assuming you can't get more than one of these mods. Imagine an A2B cruiser with 8 (thrust)x3 beams.

When I tested the Thrust and Snare weapons, they did not stack. They had a 4 sec duration and applied again right away (no cool-down). So basically always up while the weapons are firing.

But they don't stack.. one on a firing weapon is all you need.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kasraken wrote: »
    When I tested the Thrust and Snare weapons, they did not stack. They had a 4 sec duration and applied again right away (no cool-down). So basically always up while the weapons are firing.

But they don't stack.. one on a firing weapon is all you need.

Thanks, that's not OP.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There should be [rapid] mod i think, according to original patch notes, i haven't seen any so far...
    2nhfgxf.jpg