test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff-rewarding Assignment Completion bug

citadelagentcitadelagent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I copied my character over from holodeck- the character had a full roster of 100 duty officers, and several completed but unclaimed doff assignments that rewarded duty officers.

In addition, I ran some science missions on tribble for crafting materials.

I clicked 'collect rewards' in the 'Completed assignments' sub-tab for each completed assignment (not through the detailed view). Each completed assignment, including the duty officer rewarding ones, disappeared as though collected. With a full roster, I should not have been able to collect the duty officer rewards, and indeed, no duty officers were recieved.

Once all the assignments were gone, it displayed the message "You have no assignments completed at this time" - however, the sub-tab is still labelled "Completed (8)", and the overview tabmentions 8 completed as well.

Re-logging does not repopulate the list of completed but unclaimed assignments- it still displays none in the window, even though it numerically recognizes there are 8 unclaimed.

It's possible this bug occurs for full inventory and item rewarding assignments as well, but I have not tested that.
Post edited by citadelagent on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had one outstanding mission to collect (could not do it earlier as it caused a crash)

now it shows that it is still outstanding with the (1) next to the box but it says all assignments are completed and i have 19 spaces left.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some of these are known issues. The full roster and doff issue is likely related to the issues. I am sure a dev will hop in next week to verify it.

Just curious, but have you tried to recreate it, copy another toon with same or close assignments over? I may try it myself.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had one outstanding mission to collect (could not do it earlier as it caused a crash)

now it shows that it is still outstanding with the (1) next to the box but it says all assignments are completed and i have 19 spaces left.

I just copied another toon and it had 5 assignments and all completed fine, but same thing, shows 1 assignment complete, although nothing there and 19 available.
  • Options
    citadelagentcitadelagent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    karcorner wrote: »
    I just copied another toon and it had 5 assignments and all completed fine, but same thing, shows 1 assignment complete, although nothing there and 19 available.

Did you have a full roster or inventory or something which might have prevented collection of an assignment?
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had this happen to me with the Uncommon Officer Exchange mission. Hit my DOFF space cap, could not complete the mission. Now, the UI says I have two completed missions, but won't actually show me those missions. Furthermore, I cannot reaccess the Uncommon Officer Exchange mission from either my Cell Ship or SFA.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I copied my character over from holodeck- the character had a full roster of 100 duty officers, and several completed but unclaimed doff assignments that rewarded duty officers.

In addition, I ran some science missions on tribble for crafting materials.

I clicked 'collect rewards' in the 'Completed assignments' sub-tab for each completed assignment (not through the detailed view). Each completed assignment, including the duty officer rewarding ones, disappeared as though collected. With a full roster, I should not have been able to collect the duty officer rewards, and indeed, no duty officers were recieved.

Once all the assignments were gone, it displayed the message "You have no assignments completed at this time" - however, the sub-tab is still labelled "Completed (8)", and the overview tabmentions 8 completed as well.

Re-logging does not repopulate the list of completed but unclaimed assignments- it still displays none in the window, even though it numerically recognizes there are 8 unclaimed.

It's possible this bug occurs for full inventory and item rewarding assignments as well, but I have not tested that.

I have had this issue as well and still have one outstanding assignment still remaining and it is not showing for collection, but what urks me the most is when I swap tabs I CTD, I thought this was fixed just to get on and do some doff mission to find out it is not, cryptic before you release 9.5 make sure this is fixed or this will all be in vain as you will chase many players that use the DOff system away.
  • Options
    funderdogfunderdog Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes it does fail and do that i lost a crit on military offensive because brig was full, and just lost 7 risan monkeys and birds because inventory was full, now have 8 'completed' assignments that can't be collected, and 12 usable assignments.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the reports. This is under investigation.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    funderdogfunderdog Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yesterdays patch brought the assignments back to the completed list so i can now see the assignments, but they can't be collected or canceled and still taking up 8 slots, and cant start new assignments because the first one is still 'in progress'.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    I have verified the issue, gotten it written up and sent on to be fixed.
    STO QA Team