test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captains Table

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Ten Forward
a quick video i made of the opening of the captains table to lifers

please dont flame me if you cant get to the table for whatever reason its not my fault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkY6DDwYbLA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Haha where is that again? Not had time to stay online much for the past 4 days. I want to visit!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The "Captain's Table" is a special area accessible only to Lifetime Subscribers through the Aenigma (?) Nebula in the SOL or QO'NOS Systems. It is a "non-combat" area where Lifetime subscribers from both (any) faction can meet up. There's a bank, exchange, and mail terminal there, as well as a tailor and ship selector, and a couple of merchants selling basic personal shields and armor, and one selling food and drink.

A lot of controversy seemed to have been stirred up by a few people who are feeling "left out".. nevermind that the lifetime subscriptions are still available for purchase for $299 USD. If they're willing to pay the price, they too can get into this shiny space station.

Other than that, it's "just another space station".. with fewer noobs asking "where's Sulu?" and a lot less Gold spamming. There's not even half the functions that Spacedock 01 has to offer.. It's really little more than a place to park your ship and hang out.

But it's really pretty.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Are you telling me that people are moaning about not be able to get into that load of garbage.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    People will always want what they can't have. It's human nature.
    Glad I can go and they can't though. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

edit: what's with the blue name and career officer rank? Are you lost? This is ten forward! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's Fine, shame more people can't get access.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Meh. I'm not spending $300 I don't have just to get that and a few other things I no longer need....:D

But nice for the people that get it I guess....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OMG I'm a blue r0x0r too now :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I like it, I can go to the exchange, change ships, and do stuff without having to punch "report spam" a half dozen times.

Also, in a single room you can do everything except modify uniforms that you can do on starbase one - you can even buy tier I common garbage! (now if only they'd have vendors for all levels there)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It does have the charm of being able to stand in one spot without having dolls automatically walk into you... and the view outside is pretty.

Edit: I note my name isn't turning blue - I wonder if it is because I haven't selected the "Career Officer" thing?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Teacherguy wrote:
    Edit: I note my name isn't turning blue - I wonder if it is because I haven't selected the "Career Officer" thing?

Yep :)

I just tried the new fleet action in DS9 and woot it's fun :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah that was a good half hour or so of messing around and chatting. Thanks for putting it up Eckys, I've been looking out for it since you mentioned you'd made a video.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think its a good little place to hang out when ya dont wanna go blow stuff up. Good place to meet and share ideas without the constant spam. Now only if they played classic rock like metallica. :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's not as if they are even palying the right music for the place although some of the people look like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's really pretty, and since I'm in a lifer only fleet is a good place to hold meetings.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I poked around a bit last night, the decor is well done making for a aesthetically appealing place to sit and chat. The bare essentials on the shops inventories is not anything to write home about but a nice touch for....atmosphere. Over all the most well thought out star base design yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks nice!

Can't wait to get home from work and start the download to see all the new stuff. Been offline for about a week due to other things.

I also see CO got their update this week as well. Cryptic's been busy. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's keen, they've also implemented something similar in Champions, for those that play it; it's a VIP lounge in the Club
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I checked it out last night. It was alright. It looks like they've populated it with npcs from the game. I thought I saw a young B'vat and Captain Mok the Ferengi somewhere in there.

And I noticed I ended up in instance 11 for the station. I wonder if we could figure a way to determine how many lifers there are based on how many Captains Table instances there are up and running.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Eckys wrote: »
    a quick video i made of the opening of the captains table to lifers

please dont flame me if you cant get to the table for whatever reason its not my fault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkY6DDwYbLA

Aaah, finally I found the thread about this dance party as well, yesterday I just found the youtube vid!
    As I said in the comments, this was awesome :D Maybe we can repeat this some time - but i'm not quite sure if it is better to change the color of my pink partydress XD
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    MutieFreak wrote: »
    I checked it out last night. It was alright. It looks like they've populated it with npcs from the game. I thought I saw a young B'vat and Captain Mok the Ferengi somewhere in there.

I thought it was nice that they also had the late Captain Qat'Anmek from the tutorial... Hoping they'll had some hero NPCs at some point. Jean-Luc in the ~41000 uniform, perhaps? Kirk in the TOS uniform? Sisko with hair? :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kevscar wrote: »
    Are you telling me that people are moaning about not be able to get into that load of garbage.

I just wish they would have included a "broke down poor people's table" that wobbled, so you had to put sugar packets under one leg.

Dancing on top would be ill advised.
  • Options
    rush105rush105 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i only joined it for the free 500 zen a month it adds up and u get it forever think about that that is worth 200 thats why i did it i think it was worth it more then buying zen all the dang time what do u think?
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Come on, man.

DIE, ZOMBIE!!!
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would certainly like to get a lifetime sub but $300, are you kidding me? I bet Cryptic has some little guy that looks like a Ferengi sitting behind a desk making all the subscription prices.
    The only thing that I would like it for is the liberated Borg but I found a way around that (see below for how).

If you are like me and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a liberated Borg, well here's a tip.

You can make a liberated Borg or a Borg drone in general through the Alien character creator.
    To do this you start out with a normal human face. Then you remove the hair and make the base completion infected. Once you've done that you put on the visor headpiece that covers one eye and change the eyepiece color to red (it has to be the visor that goes around you head). Then if you want to you can make different forehead patterns to make klingon Borg or a Bolian one.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Captain's Table once was a fortress of solitude and would be worth visiting again if they would restore access to the shipyard. I used to refit new starships in the peace and quiet, where only a few mature players would go, to avoid the annoying childish behavior on ESD. But PWE ripped the shipyard access out. So if I have to endure juvenile TRIBBLE on ESD anyway, then why go to the Captain's Table at all?
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captains,

You've been sucked into posting in a necro thread. If you want to continue the conversation, please start a new thread.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.