test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Odyssey Variants Issues

millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Aside from the rank pips clipping on the new Odyssey Long Jacket (for female characters) that's already been mentioned ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1157861 ), there's also a few other issues that I've seen so far.

One issue involves the new Odyssey Tactical Tight Pants clipping badly with the Seven of Nine Tall Boots (for female characters, obviously =P). All the other boots (except for the Knee High TOS boots, for obvious reasons) fit the new pants without any issues that I've seen yet.

Example of Seven of Nine Tall Boots clipping with Odyssey Tactical pants.

The Seven of Nine Tall Boots are a set I use on some of my characters with their uniforms, so I'd personally appreciate them fitting with the new Odyssey Tactical pants.

As an additional non-Odyssey note, the Seven of Nine Tall Boots have the same issue with the "Suit - Alpha/Beta/Gamma" armor pants. This makes it seem like it may be an issue relating to the leg model used, as the Tight Pants legs (well, everything below the waist) underwent some changes that made some of the Tight Pants legs different from the original legs that most of the other leg types seemed to have been originally based off of, whereas the Alpha/Beta/Gamma legs still may retain the original'ish leg model.

Regardless, not all the boots/shoes are available on Tribble, so I can't test to see if any of those would have similar clipping issues until they come to Holodeck, which isn't desirable, but...

Another issue involves wearing any of the Odyssey tops/jackets with the current skirts, such as the Sierra skirts specifically (again, for female characters). When in a bent-over position, such as animating to sit down or stand up, crouching, aiming, and etc., a portion of the character's belly pokes through the stomach in front.

Example of skirt clipping with Odyssey top.

This is obvious when using a character with a skin tone different from the color of the uniform, as you see it clipping through.

I also don't have access to all the skirts on Tribble to test them, so I can't speak for the Academy skirt doing the same thing, for instance, but it's likely. This *does* happens with the Antares, Sierra 1 and 2, Short Angled, and Short Tight skirts for sure. This *doesn't* happen with the TOS Nurse and TOS Split skirts.

I remember I and others reported when the TOS Nurse and TOS Split skirts were clipping with the TOS tops and that got fixed, so likely the same issue here with the rest. On further testing, it seems various other tops have this clipping issue with the skirts with the exception of the TOS skirts, so whatever was done to fix the TOS skirts seems to need to be applied to the rest of the skirts.

(Also, Odyssey skirts, please?)

One last minor issue to me is that the Loose Long Odyssey pants don't seem to be able to match in color with the Odyssey tops (for female characters, again, at least), giving it a slightly lighter look by comparison. Such as if I give the Odyssey tops the color H1 and give the Loose Long Odyssey pants the same H1 color, the pants have a lighter shade of it.

Example of Loose Long Odyssey pants not matching Odyssey jacket color.

Specifically feel it'd be good if the Loose Long Odyssey pants were made to match the Odyssey tops in colors, so darker tones can be achieved and matched better.

(Edited for more detail/wall of text)
Post edited by millybun on

Comments

• Options
    natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also, I have not gotten the Long Odyssey Jacket yet, how do you get it?

Edit: now that i have read the patch notes, i know why i do not have it
  • Options
    jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The colour variation with the pants is due to the difference in material. The pants are plain matte, whereas the new jackets have a glossy look to them, with the exception of the Odyssey Tactical, which is the same as the original, just a little tighter. :)

A matte option for the new variants would be great. Or you know, a lot more colour options for uniforms. :D
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jenel79 wrote: »
    The colour variation with the pants is due to the difference in material. The pants are plain matte, whereas the new jackets have a glossy look to them, with the exception of the Odyssey Tactical, which is the same as the original, just a little tighter. :)

A matte option for the new variants would be great. Or you know, a lot more colour options for uniforms. :D

I feel it's mostly due to the texture they use that cause the whole pants to get the more lighter, faded look it has no matter what color is applied to it. You can kind of see that with how over-detailed the pants look, with the thick folds painted in. It would take some adjusting, but it could be done to match more.

Though wouldn't mind a slightly glossier look for the pants as an optional thing.

That's another thing that personally annoys me, though, is that the jacket isn't really *that* glossy. When I match the Sierra skirts to it, for example, I have to give those the matte option to closely match the Odyssey jacket. I would be happier with the jacket if it were given a few alternate matte/glossy-type options to better match other attire.