test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan sci allegiance advice, please

tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Probably decision hangs on the ZEN store items, like consoles, and other gear.

If any people are more knowledgeable of this stuff, I would appreciate the help

---

Problem is I don't have most of that stuff (yet), and don't know it very well.

Hoping to get the Rmor Temporal Science Vessel.

I know the leech would be a factor, but I can buy that for credits.

The Oberth console looks interesting, but CD is pretty high.

KDF has some fun consoles, but on the other hand one only has that much room for consoles, plus there's Rommie consoles I need to find place for.
Post edited by tardes13 on

Comments

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tardes13 wrote: »
    Probably decision hangs on the ZEN store items, like consoles, and other gear.

If any people are more knowledgeable of this stuff, I would appreciate the help

---

Problem is I don't have most of that stuff (yet), and don't know it very well.

Hoping to get the Rmor Temporal Science Vessel.

I know the leech would be a factor, but I can buy that for credits.

The Oberth console looks interesting, but CD is pretty high.

KDF has some fun consoles, but on the other hand one only has that much room for consoles, plus there's Rommie consoles I need to find place for.

The only cstore consoles that are worth the slots they take are plasmonic leech, valedore console, and aceton assimilator if you pvp. One of they you already have, inheritance of the superior race, other two are klink. None of them science specific. Oberth console is one of these things that you discard, as it's not worth the inventory slot, much less console slot.

Science chars are better off as klink, rather than Romulan. Klink carriers have the option to field drain builds far more potent than the most specialized Vesta can muster, due to drain pets. Kar'fi combines all the science with tac, having high tac skills, 4/3 weapon layout, plus 4 tac consoles.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Defect!! NOW.
  • Options
    onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You might look into making a stealth torp'varo build. I put a very rough transphasic build and was shocked when I parsed 13k DPS in KASE. It's a lot more fun than I thought it'd be, especially with no power to weapons or shields, my Sci powers are super powerful.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A KDF alled Sci will defiantly get good mileage as most KDF players are Tacs with Engineers a distance second.

Oh, and a T5 KDF carrier cannot be used by Romulans. The only carriers that a Romulan can use is a Lockbox or Lobi store carrier.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good thing you reminded me about - Aceton assimilator - clearly seems a good choice, especially since I'm also looking into a drain build.
    Klink carriers have the option to field drain builds far more potent than the most specialized Vesta can muster, due to drain pets

What do you mean by this ?

Maybe you talking klink pets ?

Not sure which klingon pets are available to rommies ?
    You might look into making a stealth torp'varo build.
    That's for another toon, I like to specialize.
    Oberth console is one of these things that you discard, as it's not worth the inventory slot, much less console slot.
    On the other hand, on a sci toon, an auxiliary boost seems useful.