test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few basic crafting questions

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
Ok I just started playing around with crafting and I wondered:

- You turn in current particle traces and other crafting materials for either
common crafting materials, uncommon crafting materials or random crafting materials, right? So rare and very rare are still a pure gamble?

(I wish there was a source/vendor/stocked exchange category of crafting materials available for testing purposes.)

- Why do the assignments chose the DOFF they choose, and not one with the highest +% rating? Is there some criteria they are choosing that I should know about or is it just dumb?

- What are catalysts and how do I end up with some? Is that from DOFF assignments or something? (I haven't checked the theroretical new crafting orientedDOFF assignments yet so this may become obvious.)

- I assume eventually crafting components and materials will have their own section in the exchange?

- What do the list of numbers refer to in the Material Conversion store - are those odds, quantities or ???

If any of these will be obvious when I look closer then apologies and don't bother responding to those things...
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I get it, the numbers are the quantities of each of the materials I own.

Boy would it be nice to click a multiple quantity instead of 368 technical schematics one bt one...
  • dwalker1701dwalker1701 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I just hopped over to Tribble to see the new crafting system. Not sure but right now I feel like I just wasted an hour for nothing.
    1 I was finally able to figure out how to exchange the old materials and was glad to see a slider .. though 100 at a time seems lame .. I have quite a few saved materials.
    2 I could never figure out how to change or "make" these common/ uncommon materials into the raw components ... not sure if it's somewhere on the forums but I don't have a lot of time to look right now .. some form of guide or tutorial would help before this really launches.
    3. The costs seem really steep in time and resources from what I could tell, though I realize Cryptic has said that is subject to change.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    where is the material conversion store anyways?
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    where is the material conversion store anyways?

What do you mean? Have you not looked at the new tab you have in your inventory?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok I just started playing around with crafting and I wondered:

- You turn in current particle traces and other crafting materials for either
    common crafting materials, uncommon crafting materials or random crafting materials, right? So rare and very rare are still a pure gamble?

(I wish there was a source/vendor/stocked exchange category of crafting materials available for testing purposes.)

yes that's random. I prefer them to be blue or better due to the rarity of particle traces though.
    - Why do the assignments chose the DOFF they choose, and not one with the highest +% rating? Is there some criteria they are choosing that I should know about or is it just dumb?

it's just dumb se my topic on that matter here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1151931
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17806391#post17806391
    besides that they can be utilized in a smarter way the doff system does't always recommend the best doff's either
    - What are catalysts and how do I end up with some? Is that from DOFF assignments or something? (I haven't checked the theroretical new crafting orientedDOFF assignments yet so this may become obvious.)

those are the things that are going to turn this system into a c-store cash-cow.
    functionallly they will boost your odd's on getting a higher rarity.
    - I assume eventually crafting components and materials will have their own section in the exchange?

I sure hope so. though the duty officer section can use an upgrade to....
    - What do the list of numbers refer to in the Material Conversion store - are those odds, quantities or ???

i am not certain but i think they are the amount you currently have.
    If any of these will be obvious when I look closer then apologies and don't bother responding to those things...

np that's what the forums are for.
    THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
    First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
    second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.