test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risan PvP Race - Give us an Alternative

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Nobody (that I know) is having fun doing this race. Give us alternatives to earn Tags.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am, beats doing the dance for favors.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nobody (that I know) is having fun doing this race. Give us alternatives to earn Tags.

Simple answer - do like eggs and allow us to trade for them with favors
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Aside from the obvious that i like that damn race when I win, I kinda enjoy it when not in a crowded instance (more than half a dozen racers has been having adverse effects on some rocks and ramps rendering and leading to me crashing without seeing a reason) and when racing on a superior board (which is a rip off nonetheless).

I like the winter PvP race (without all the jumping, mind you, I never learned that trick) because it doesn't require any investments. Here for a chance to win, you need to shell out 1k Favors. Which was flawed design, honestly. To top that off, the on track boosts are very inconsistent: sometimes boosting the leader, sometimes the one catching up, sometimes both.

Therefore an alternative to get tags would be welcome.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    Simple answer - do like eggs and allow us to trade for them with favors

Honestly, since Cryptic f'd up the egg drop rate, if you have to turn to shelling out 150 favors a day (3 hunts' worth a day) you'd arguable be better off spending 1000 favors for the G-damn board! :mad: 1000 favors will get you 6 days of eggs. Winning 3 board races will get you 6 days of tags!

Of course, as more buy the superboards, your chances to win go down so winning might get to be a pain in the TRIBBLE too. Especially when you add in the TRIBBLE 'grab the flag' mechanic.

Overall, the board races was poorly thought out. More expensive boards should have just been cosmetic differences. There would have been almost as many people who'd buy the pretty boards just cause they were pretty.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have fun doing the race though once when I made one tiny mistake and lost by a length the player that won replied "suck that klingon!". Hardly a good sportsman but congratulated him with a backhanded compliment. Other than that generally it's all been fair play and if I don't get enough tags I run again later. It's fair to say that players without superiors do get screwed and something needs sorting out either fixed speed, boards or different times for different boards.
  • Options
    ryvakenryvaken Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been enjoying the race, I usually win which helps I admit. Even saying that, I strongly support an alternative. The boards are fun to play around with, and more to do with them is always welcome.
    Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
    As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes, the race is fun if you aren't concerned about placing. But it's those tags that are why people are so frustrated and not enjoying the race, because they are focused on those tags so they can raise monkeys and turn them into Marks.

If Cryptic added an alternative, then those who suck at grabbing flags can say "I earned 2 tags, but I can go do X and get those last 4".

But it's obvious Cryptic just doesn't care about this issue.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was kinda expecting a way to buy tags... maybe 20 favors?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was kinda expecting a way to buy tags... maybe 20 favors?

I think more like 25 each would be better. That would mean 25 x 6 = 150, which would equal the same as a Bird Egg.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I think more like 25 each would be better. That would mean 25 x 6 = 150, which would equal the same as a Bird Egg.
    Ah, right, that makes sense. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    A shame the Devs are not listening. The race is crazier with a moving gaggle all on superior boards. With no real challenge mechanics, it's a mess.

Come on Devs, give us an alternative to these monkey tags! Have it as the reward for the sandcastles (since nobody is doing them anymore)! That how about us buying with favors or converting our bird eggs?
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, the race sucks, but it's twice an hour and the "sorry you tried" prize is two tags. Three runs, and you've got enough for a horror monkey.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »

If I was in charge, bird eggs would not drop, but eggs and 6 tags would be only 50 favors each. So your first dance or first hunt of the day gives you enough to buy what you need for that day.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    do the race three times at day, even on a cheap board,, will still get you enough tags to make a monkey. You only need that many a day. You think winning is all that great. Unless the trainer NPCs stay open, I'm gonna be stuck with extra tags. I'm winning more than I can use.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A shame the Devs are not listening. The race is crazier with a moving gaggle all on superior boards. With no real challenge mechanics, it's a mess.
    You should be to pelt other players with coconuts to cause them to crash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's having to grab the stupid flag at the end that mars race enjoyment for me. If you win the race, you win the race. Why TF do you need to grab a stupid flag? And why is there a secondary finish line that hops all over the place that makes grabbing that very stupid flag even harder?