test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wolf race

tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
If we have stupid cats, why not get a wolf-like race like in the wizardry games? That would blow my mind. I dunno if there's such a thing in the canon, but who cares about canon right?
Post edited by tremere12 on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    CBS does...

/thread
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anticans...only halfway canine looking race...and they look like those ugly chinese crested dogs x3 (you can find them on the Memory Alpha website)

now if we go by licensed non-canon works (Memory Beta), the Breen confederacy has a lupine like alien among their member races named the Fenrisal, but they've neither been shown in the shows or even conceptualized. so good luck getting them added to the game
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tremere12 wrote: »
    If we have stupid cats, why not get a wolf-like race like in the wizardry games? That would blow my mind. I dunno if there's such a thing in the canon, but who cares about canon right?

STUPID CATS, U SIR HAVE MADE THE FERASAN AND CAITIAN MOST WANTED LIST. :mad:
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014

i dont know if it's fair to call someone whos asking for more non-human looking a furry just because it's animal based.

more choices is good. i for one, enjoy playing caitians/ferasens simply because they dont like humans or humans with things stuck to them.

Trill = humans with spots.
    Klingons = Humans with ridged bodies. (as seen on risa its not just the forehead)
    Bajoran = humans with bumpy nose.
    Orions = green humans.
    Romulans/vulcans = pointy eared humans with cosmetic differences.

Caitians were the first Non-human looking race to come to STO.

As for Alien PC's... i find it hard to actually get a set of characteristics that look GOOD together.... some aliens i've seen are just hideous.
    edited June 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    i dont know if it's fair to call someone whos asking for more non-human looking a furry just because it's animal based.

Actually it's not just "animal based," it's "furry animal based." You're basically saying it might not be fair to call something red just because it's crimson.
    Klingons = Humans with ridged bodies. (as seen on risa its not just the forehead)
    Orions = green humans.

You're trolling me, right?

Caitians = Pointy eared Humans with fur, tail, and odd facial structure that's no odder than Bolians, Letheans, Benzites...
    edited June 2014
    Actually it's not just "animal based," it's "furry animal based." You're basically saying it might not be fair to call something red just because it's crimson.
    so, anything that is animalistic and has human characteristics is considered furry to you?

so by your logic, so.... any kid who Likes these shows is a furry?

do you consider Gorn a furry race too?
    You're trolling me, right?

Caitians = Pointy eared Humans with fur, tail, and odd facial structure that's no odder than Bolians, Letheans, Benzites...

Point..... Missing it.

The point is, that aside from general body shape... Caitians look absolutely NOTHING like humans, all the other races i mentioned share many similarities.
    edited June 2014
    [QUOTE=You're trolling me, right?

Caitians = Pointy eared Humans with fur, tail, and odd facial structure that's no odder than Bolians, Letheans, Benzites...[/QUOTE]

Who's trolling now? Caitians are humanoid meaning they're like humans in that they have two arms, two legs, a head and are reasonably close anatomically.

they are by no means humans with pieces added on; even removing their appearance, they have internal differences, including they have stronger muscles than humans, as evidenced by their ability to jump higher than other species and leap from long distance to pounce on enemies.

and technically the other species aren't either no matter they look VERY human, vulcans and klingons are much stronger than humans, vulcans have the benefit of telepathy among many of their people; klingons have redundant organs and a resilient nervous system

Trill and Orions are by far the most human of the species; i believe trill have a minor resistance to toxins, whereas Orions have their pheromones; neither of which is visible, but makes them non-human nonetheless
    signature-omega.png
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    YAY! Anyone who likes Chewbacca is a furry!
    edited June 2014
    The point is, that aside from general body shape... Caitians look absolutely NOTHING like humans, all the other races i mentioned share many similarities.

Right, they look totally non-human except for looking exactly like a human in a costume like nearly every other "alien" in Star Trek. :rolleyes:
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    they are by no means humans with pieces added on; even removing their appearance, they have internal differences, including they have stronger muscles than humans, as evidenced by their ability to jump higher than other species and leap from long distance to pounce on enemies.

Just like every other "alien" species in the IP. :rolleyes:
    edited June 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    YAY! Anyone who likes Chewbacca is a furry!

Holy TRIBBLE...does that mean Han is a furry!? :P
    signature-omega.png
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE...does that mean Han is a furry!? :P

Well Leia certainly is:

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100414/Star-Wars-Fisher-Chewbaca_277.jpg

;)
  • kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    do you consider Gorn a furry race too?

I think they prefer the name 'Otherkin' or 'Scalie'
    edited June 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »

LOL that pic is funny, <3 Peter Mayhew
    signature-omega.png
    edited June 2014
    kianazero wrote: »
    I think they prefer the name 'Otherkin' or 'Scalie'

yes i know. however those openly opposed to anything animalistic simply cause it links to the "furry" community usually never distinguishes the difference between Scalies/furrys/avians.

hence why i phrased the question the way i did.

after all. If theres at least one "upright animal" based lifeform in the galaxy, whos to say there isnt more.
    edited June 2014
    yes i know. however those openly opposed to anything animalistic simply cause it links to the "furry" community usually never distinguishes the difference between Scalies/furrys/avians.

hence why i phrased the question the way i did.

after all. If theres at least one "upright animal" based lifeform in the galaxy, whos to say there isnt more.

Well as i posted in my original post before the thread got derailed by someone there is one canon race that is animalistic, as well as a non-canon race that is in a licensed novel
    Anticans...only halfway canine looking race...and they look like those ugly chinese crested dogs x3 (you can find them on the Memory Alpha website)

now if we go by licensed non-canon works (Memory Beta), the Breen confederacy has a lupine like alien among their member races named the Fenrisal, but they've neither been shown in the shows or even conceptualized. so good luck getting them added to the game
    signature-omega.png
    edited June 2014
    Well as i posted in my original post before the thread got derailed by someone there is one canon race that is animalistic, as well as a non-canon race that is in a licensed novel

yes, hence why i said what i did, meaning there COULD be one for every type of animal that has ever roamed the earth. am i saying they should ALL be in game? no, but some could. hell, if they would make all maps flyable with floaters, which i doubt they would, it would make avian style races cool to play, able to fly around without the need for a floater/jetpack.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Caitians are anthropomorphic cats.
    I actually don't like anthropomorphic aliens. Cat-based aliens? Wolf-based aliens? Okay. But don't make them look like someone crossed them with monkey DNA.

Well, of course, in Star Trek canon... that's basically what really happened (Ancient Humanoids). :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited June 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Caitians are anthropomorphic cats.

But they don't resemble humans in any way, unlike all the other "actor in a costume with some rubber prostheses" aliens. ;)
    edited June 2014
    But they don't resemble humans in any way, unlike all the other "actor in a costume with some rubber prostheses" aliens. ;)

They are anthropomorphic. The word says it all. They are designed to mirror the human form.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You clearly don't know what your asking for.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just fuel to the fire. But I think part like would be used to make an EQ2 Ratonga should be either in the alien creator interface or, make things like this a micro transaction to unlock for an account.

What do I mean by the parts?
    Muzzle like head to go with side or top ears.
    variable teeth with or without overbite.
    Digigrade legs and haunches.

This is a computer environment we are not constrained by costuming limitations of a human frame. Alter the arms and legs more.
    More tail options. rat like, snake like, etc.
    No one has to use these things. But it makes for more aliens than just a rubber nose.

Do I advocate furry trek? No.
    But I do advocate greater potential diversity.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014

more choices is good. i for one, enjoy playing caitians/ferasens simply because they dont like humans or humans with things stuck to them.

Orions = green humans.

As for Alien PC's... i find it hard to actually get a set of characteristics that look GOOD together.... some aliens i've seen are just hideous.

People will call others "furries" no matter what. If they play any kind of walking animal-based character, you must be a furry apparently. It's the internet for you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    People will call others "furries" no matter what. If they play any kind of walking animal-based character, you must be a furry apparently. It's the internet for you.

This one does not know what those "furries" are supposed to be? People jealous of Khajiit's glorious manes? Khajiit has no time for this. Go bother somebody else.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    This one does not know what those "furries" are supposed to be? People jealous of Khajiit's glorious manes? Khajiit has no time for this. Go bother somebody else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

The biggest issue are those who are super extreme with this stuff...causing a lot of the stereotyping that occurs.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "Captain, sensors indicate extreme levels of trollbait in this vicinity."

"On screen."

"Magnify."
    stupid cats ... wolf-like race ... but who cares about canon right?

"...My God."
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dunno if there's such a thing in the canon, but who cares about canon right?

lol, true.

as for wolf i think its something like...cats are op need dog, so dog next, as for cats dont hate on animals they so fuzzy =^.^=
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I second that Caitians are in no way anything other than humans with bits stuck on. Granted, they get numerous additional awesome points for being kittehs, but they are stupid human aliens nonetheless. On a wolf race (for a while I thought you meant an actual race, like the powerboard race. I was a bit confused), I'm conflicted. On the one hand, no to dogs. On the other, wolves are actually cool, so I guess that would be okay? But anyway.

When are we going to get to play actually alien aliens? Tholians. Undine. Even the Elachi are reasonably alien in nature! It was always stupid for Star Trek, and all other science fiction, to have aliens that looked like humans. And no, don't give that tripe about how they didn't have the budget for realistic aliens. Find. A way. Around it. If you can't portray aliens plausibly, then don't bloody portray them at all. And yes, the concept of plausibility and realism still applies when dealing with speculative fiction, so don't start going on about suspension of disbelief. The point of science fiction or fantasy is that the universe in question is different from our own, not that it's completely incoherent. It's a "what if". "If the universe was like this, what would happen?" It's not allowed to contradict itself, or disobey the laws of reason, unless it's explicitly established that that's the point. Granted, ST tried to handwave their pathetic excuse for alien races with the whole Preserver thing, but even if you can explain away the fact that aliens similar to ourselves are utter nonsense, that doesn't change the fact that it's boring, unimaginative, cliche, and spitting in the face of both the audience and the art of worldbuilding itself.

RANT
    OVER
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Star Trek: the Final frontier saying that the breens evolved from dog-like race but actually they are a bit weird now :D definitelly they look more scary that the iconians

http://www.sttff.net/images/elorg_bloc_024.jpg