test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Republic space

nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Romulan Discussion
What are the actual boarders of romulan Republic?

The reason i ask is i plan on creating a foundry mission based around a republic aligned planet near their boarder and i dont want to accidentally place it in empire Territory.
0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
Post edited by nickcastleton on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not entierly sure if this map is 100% correct but it must be pretty close. I guess the northern parts like Iota Pavonis are more like Tal Shiar turf and Psi Valorum and below is actual republic territory.
  • admiraldcadmiraldc Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We do know they control much of Tau Dewa, including at least one location that was originally a Federation holding (Jouret), though given Jouret's status and the treaties they've been willing to make before (see Cardassians for example) I wouldn't put it past them to hand it over.

Yet both Starbase 234 and Khitomer are also in Tau Dewa, deeper in Tau Dewa than Jouret in fact, and they have not been ceded to Republic control, so we can say they don't control all of the place.

As ever, space borders are confusing.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tau Dewa Sector Block is pretty much Romulan Republic Space. The other stuff on the "northern" part of the game map is still essentially remnant Romulan Star Empire.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tau Dewa Sector Block is pretty much Romulan Republic Space. The other stuff on the "northern" part of the game map is still essentially remnant Romulan Star Empire.

This. Tau Dewa can gerenally be considered Republic territory. Pi Canis is mostly split between Federation/Klingon Empire but the upper section could be treated as the edge of Republic jurisdiction. And Psi Velorum is divided between the Republic and the Tal Shiar with Federation space on the extreme west side.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think they control a systems , not a space. Same as a lot of worlds like Nausicaa , Orion homeworld or So'Na belongs to Federation space but they are not in Federation.

From what we know, RR has only one class M planet and a few space stations . What happened to Virinat we don't know. Who belongs to Hfihar or Haakona is not clear.
    The same we can not visit second and third most polulated planets in former RSE - Rator III and Achernar II.
    edited June 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    I think they control a systems , not a space. Same as a lot of worlds like Nausicaa , Orion homeworld or So'Na belongs to Federation space but they are not in Federation.

From what we know, RR has only one class M planet and a few space stations . What happened to Virinat we don't know. Who belongs to Hfihar or Haakona is not clear.
    The same we can not visit second and third most polulated planets in former RSE - Rator III and Achernar II.

Wasn't Rator III visited in the Federation mission "Preemptive Strike"?
  • caediciuscaedicius Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would say it would made sense if at least in the Tau Dewa Sector there are outposts of the Republic - is hard to believe that they hold only one planet since with such a military they need ressources, secondary facilities etc. Also I guess you could not change your behavior over night, and after loosing an Empire many Romulans will dream of reclaim what is their own. I guess also there may be Reman outposts which join the Republic. But most of the plantes should be smaller, less important, so that no maior power has claimed it for now, or minor colonies of Romulan/ Reman refugees who had joined the Republic recently (it would be interesting if D'Tan and the Republican leadership remembers what it means to be Romulan and use some pressure on minor species to expand the borders). You could argue about the possibility that former imperial worlds do the same, either by revolt or a agreement between the leadership (some members of the senat or the fleet or even the TS may see more hope for the people under their controll and for their own benefit against enemies in the destroyed Empire or foreign vultures to join the Republic than to stay on their own).
    So I guess Tau Dewa would be safe for a location of such a mission - I mean, the Tau Dewa Patrol suggest that the fleet of the RR did not guard only New Romulos and neighbouring systems but the whole sector, surely not only because they are nice and want to buddy with the other people there...
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see a three sector tall block to the west of Tau Dewa, Psi Velorum, and Pi Canis. That could serve as a Klingon/Romulan only area with much opportunity for KDF/Romulan missions.

In particular, the bottom sector of that area could hold the Klorgat system where a Reman colony is located in some of the Destiny novels. The northwest corner of this map could hold a KDF social zone similar to K-7 and 39-Sierra. There could even be a Space War Zone for Republic vs. KDF matches(as Ker'rat is for Fed vs. KDF and N'Vat is for KDF vs. KDF).

Psi Velorum's access to the Afheir Nebula move to the north edge of the Mylasa with this new area having access from the east edge of he Mylasa sector of the Psi Velorum Sector Block.

Omega Leonis could have access to the south edge via the north edge of the B'Moth sector. Pi Canis would have access via the east edge of the Mempa sector.
  • galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Republic doesn't have firm borders. They have a sphere of influence that encompasses Tau Dewa and parts of other nearby sector blocks, and their ships are known to patrol all territory that remains disputed between the Republic and the remains of the Star Empire.

We see Republic ships and fleets as far away as Gamma Orionis, which is still firmly in the hands of the Borg. Their treaty with the Federation and the Klingon Empire seems to extend to the ability to travel unimpeded through territories belonging to both powers and, by default, the Cardassian Union, it being a protectorate of the Federation.

As to what worlds the Republic has rights to colonize, that is an entirely different matter, and I believe as it stands, the only planet ceded to them for colonization thus far has been New Romulus itself. There is likely an implicit agreement that they also have governing rights over any Star Empire-aligned planets that join the Republic either by choice or military liberation. Additionally, we can reasonably assume that they have recognized jurisdiction in Haakona, Jouret, Virinat, Crateris, and Gasko at least.

Deferi space raises an interesting option, as we've seen, the Deferi quite admire the Republic, with one of their kind serving aboard the Lleiset itself. It is possible that the Deferi would be open to a defense treaty with the Republic, allowing them colony rights in Deferi space in exchange for the protection of the RRF from the Breen, the True Way, and other rogue powers in that region.

As to your idea for a storyline on a Republic fringe-world, I'd suggest setting it either on a newly-colonized outpost out in the Deferi sector, or a newly-liberated world in RSE space.
    edited June 2014
    Deferi space raises an interesting option, as we've seen, the Deferi quite admire the Republic, with one of their kind serving aboard the Lleiset itself. It is possible that the Deferi would be open to a defense treaty with the Republic, allowing them colony rights in Deferi space in exchange for the protection of the RRF from the Breen, the True Way, and other rogue powers in that region.

As to your idea for a storyline on a Republic fringe-world, I'd suggest setting it either on a newly-colonized outpost out in the Deferi sector, or a newly-liberated world in RSE space.

The alliance between Deferi and RR seems like a good choice , just from what little we know from DS9 , the Breen are longtime enemies and the Romulans have a common border (though the game not on a 2D map )
    edited June 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    Wasn't Rator III visited in the Federation mission "Preemptive Strike"?

It's been two years since I last played Starfleet episodes , anyway, is not a good idea to visit this place after it has been moved from the neutral zone, and after what the storywriters noticed that in the Path to 2409 , this place is known as the new main planet Romulan Empire.
    As a result, this mission would mean a war with what was left of the Romulan Empire. And it certainly would not be protected only by a few older ships. In this case, the developers violated its own storyline .
    This episode is but from the time when they were all built on it : they doing something bad, go there, destroy X ships in orbit , beam down , kill X mobs , beam up , destroy X ships in orbit.
    I would rather jumped this episode and played a foundry mission what makes more sense.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thank you for the responses seems like my best option is to make a planet and system up.

having the world near Deferi is a grand idea i hadn't thought of, as its far away from New romulas its perfect for a outer edge system :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    edited June 2014
    having the world near Deferi is a grand idea i hadn't thought of, as its far away from New romulas its perfect for a outer edge system :D

Far away? New Romulus and Deferi both have a transwarp gate.
    And if you're looking for inspiration on the quest for the Romulans , it could just be an alliance between Deferi and RR, the Breens wanted to somehow thwart this agreement.
    And the base would not be possible on the planet , but what about the space station similar to Gasko station ? (By the way , this design would take many Romulans as its own fleet station).
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The OP isn't the only one who would really like to know how far the RR reaches and how much of the Star Empire is left.

I don't really know how much territory the Republic has. I know they have New Romulus and the system where the gateway to the Solonae Sphere is but other than that I have little idea of their assets.

I'd love to know... how much of New Romulus is populated? Is it just the single settlement we see? How big is the population? How much of it is Reman? It seems to me the Republic is being a bit overly ambitious and premature. That they should stay and work on their home and re-establishing themselves on their own planet before leaping off into the delta quadrant and whatnot.

And I'd love to know what other holdings the Republic has. Do they have any colony planets or space stations outside of New Romulus? Do they hold places like Crateris and Virinat (especially Virinat) and other worlds. If so, what populations do they have there? How good are their defences. How many ships guard them?

To me it seems the Republic exists soley at Starfleet and KDF's allowance. It couldn't even defend New Romulus from the Elachi without the assistance of its allies. So is the Republic a serious galactic power, or just another version of Bajoran simply because they happen to be near something important?

So many questions, so few answers.