Install Arc
Options

Why are you all still here?

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    medtac124 wrote: »
    For real, I'm curious. You know who I'm talking to. You have nothing better to do than bash PWE, bash the Cryptic devs, bash the content, cry doom over every little bug or claim the playerbase wants this and that and be outraged when you don't get it...

SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

Seriously, go away. Constructive criticism is one thing. Looking for every little issue to harp on and get asspained about is another. You contribute nothing, lower the quality of the forums and the game in general, and make me regret waking up and logging in some days. Or is that the point? Maybe you want to drive people away. I don't know, but I do know it won't work on me and I'm tired of your sh*t. Go be useless in a different game.

Yes I'm mad. :mad:

/rant

Wow raging on the rage. Pot calling the kettle Black.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For real, I'm curious. You know who I'm talking to. You have nothing better to do than bash PWE, bash the Cryptic devs, bash the content, cry doom over every little bug or claim the playerbase wants this and that and be outraged when you don't get it...

Seriously, go away. Constructive criticism is one thing. Looking for every little issue to harp on and get asspained about is another. You contribute nothing, lower the quality of the forums and the game in general, and make me regret waking up and logging in some days. Or is that the point? Maybe you want to drive people away. I don't know, but I do know it won't work on me and I'm tired of your sh*t. Go be useless in a different game.

/rant

I'm here to make PWE fanboys such as yourself mad.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm here because I love a parade.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    I'm here to make PWE fanboys such as yourself mad.

Nice use of "yourself", "yourself" is only used in sentences where the subject does something to itself. "I threw myself to the floor" is correct, what you just said isn't.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice use of "yourself", "yourself" is only used in sentences where the subject does something to itself. "I threw myself to the floor" is correct, what you just said isn't.

When I am busy being a troll I don't particularly give a TRIBBLE about grammar.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, there's customer feedback then there's the rage and sarcasm that's been oozing through the forums since January. It's just gotten incredibly worse since... April? March?
    Turthfully.... as someone who's been playing since season 4.... the STO doom meter is about normal. The number of people making rage posts doesn't seem to be above normal.

People have raged about everything Cryptic has ever done.... and a lot of "suggestions" are either impossible or conflicting with other suggestions....

I know Cryptic HAS been listening to feedback and making changes based on it. I've seen the results.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    onyxmonolithonyxmonolith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Turthfully.... as someone who's been playing since season 4.... the STO doom meter is about normal. The number of people making rage posts doesn't seem to be above normal.

People have raged about everything Cryptic has ever done.... and a lot of "suggestions" are either impossible or conflicting with other suggestions....

I know Cryptic HAS been listening to feedback and making changes based on it. I've seen the results.

I doubt any player in the game requested the doffing ui be replaced.

Seriously. That was so low on the radar of things that the playerbase was concerned about that I bet the doff ui change is literally one not a single player in all of STO requested.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, everyone loves to talk about how Cryptic just took a big, smelly, TRIBBLE on STO but lets mention some of the good things about STO...............*waiting*.................*listening to the crickets chirp*........................oh cmoon, must be something.........well, ok, so STO blows, but it's something to kill some time anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Seriously. That was so low on the radar of things that the playerbase was concerned about that I bet the doff ui change is literally one not a single player in all of STO requested.

Some players wanted Gateway DOFFing...one of the things holding back Gateway DOFFing was the DOFF UI. So uh...if you were to bet on it, you'd lose. /shrug
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2014

To spite whingers like yourself.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    a3001 wrote: »
    To spite whingers like yourself.

That's a curious reply. If you read the OP's post, the OP's asking why all the folks that appear only to enjoy whining about the game are still here. Yet, your reply to the OP is that you enjoy spiting whiners like the OP...when the OP is talking about the whiners.

So is this a vicious circle?

Somebody whined...
    OP whined about them whining...
    You're whining about the OP whining about them whining...
    And now I'm whining about you whining about the OP whining about them whining...?

It's madness!
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's madness!

someone from sparta wants to have a word with you :D

edit i need one like this but saying this is the sto forums!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    someone from sparta wants to have a word with you :D

edit i need one like this but saying this is the sto forums!!!!!

I think you've taken it one step beyond...
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014

No, but teh crafting revamp that was part of was something that was requested. Merely because they are not doing everything that you want at all times in entirety and not doing anything you don't want; does not mean they do not listen nor implement suggestions.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014

*Tears Snipped*

/rant

To torment guys like you.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014

/rant

1. I'm here cause I like Star Trek.
    2. This game has potential. (Which Cryptic is doing their best to not reach.)
    3. New expansion of WoW isn't out yet & Pandaland really didn't do it for me.
    4. If I didn't care; I'd not rant about the multitude of TRIBBLE-ups Cryptic perpetrates. All my 'input' has a foundation of constructive help.
    5. Every game forum is a majority of ranting. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    6. My bark is worse than my bite. I'm really a harmless loveable fuzzball! :D
    7. I'm a LTS. So I'll be ranting here till PWE soaks all the money they can out of it and then tosses STO into a virtual muddy ditch to die a slow death of no new content.
    8. Know what's worse than a forum full of rants? One where the newest post was 6 months ago! ;)
    9. Bullet Point #9! Woo!
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited June 2014
    I like flying around in BoPs.

Which is why the summer grind stuff really wears me out. It takes game time away from flying BoPs.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Exploration overhaul.

Friends.

Jet packs.

Cool devs. Beta testing the Foundry was a highlight: Zero, dstahl, et al. were amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Morbid curiosity. Seriously--all my excitement is gone. My hopes for the future vanished completely with the new crafting system, and I gave up on anything being canon LONG ago. All I have left is a desire to see how it all ends (as it eventually will).
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm here for spite haha, no seriously, I think we're all here for the same reason, we can't wait to see what Cryptic screws up next. Does that mean anyone thinks the games TRIBBLE? no not really. Personally, I think the games got a lot of potential. graphics are good and all. It's just being run by TRIBBLE ups that go by the same motto EA Games uses, "if it's not broke, break it, then sell it, then break it some more" If they'd focus more on what they could fix next instead of what they could charge for next you'd see less complaints
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dapperdrakedapperdrake Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2014

/rant

I'm here because there is light. :D
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2014

/rant

I am here to step at your Cardassian tail and crush it under my Klingon boots once a while.
    and talking irrelevant topics in zone chat in Risa once a while. Yesterday we were discussing about what happens if a female toon wearing a skirt lunges at you. Would you feel it as pie attacking at you?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm here because there is light. :D

There are FOUR lights!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    There are FOUR lights!!

i see 5 :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For all the arguing and upset people, this game forum is the best I've encountered in the many years I've been in the gaming hobby and in MMOs in particular. Go to any forum "moderated" by Blizzard. There an innocuous comment is sure to be replied to with an insult to your mother...or worse. Possibly it's because Trek fans have to be somewhat educated to follow the show, and that translates into more cogent posts, along with valuable data to help those of us who wish to improve.

Cryptic often does things that they know will upset large numbers of players. It's gotten worse since Perfect World took over. Now we feel like most things are being done to make more money even if it makes the game less popular with the current players. So there is negativity on the forums. That is the normal reaction to the latest proposals now on Tribble. Hopefully they will mitigate that which the players hate in response, though it's possible Perfect World has ordered everything and Cryptic has no choice but to smile and take our wrath, then do what their communist overlords dictate, much like people have no freedoms in Perfect World's home country. Why we let a communist dictatorship own American companies I don't know.
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also why am I here? they haven't turned the lights out yet.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why we let a communist dictatorship own American companies I don't know.

dont think its why its more like PWE only ppl that wanted cryptic this of course my speculation and opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm still here because:

-There is still much about the game I like.

-I'm a sucker for punishment

-Just for the hell of it.

I've decided to quit giving "feedback" and become a simple spectator. There is still much entertainment value on these boards.
  • Options
    ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dude where's my car?