test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - June 24, 2014

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There will be one, it's just not in that build. They are currently equip-limit one, so you can get one omni-directional beam of any type.

Thanks for the answer. I wonder why they are limited to 1 per character.?

I mean, they aren't a superpowered item, just a beam turret.

Though even with only 1, an Omni phaser array can be a good rear weapon for lets say, a Vesta using Aux cannons, and still wanting to use subsystem targeting.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Aww what gives. Why can't we get more than one? Ships with cannons can have as many turrets as they want, and those drop and are sold everywhere.

Sure you can, so long as you accept that the 360 beam weapons are nerfed to a level to bring them inline with the difference between cannons and turrets.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited June 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Sure you can, so long as you accept that the 360 beam weapons are nerfed to a level to bring them inline with the difference between cannons and turrets.. ;)

I'm fine with giving them the same DPS as a cannon turret.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I expect out of crafting:
    --and how it stands.

1) Investing time and materials to progress
    --present, but a bit too much so in the current system (outside of using the Finish Now "option" to complete tasks that once took 5 seconds on a progress bar; an overly blatant tool to further monetize the system... they can at least be subtle about it)

2) Making the items I choose to make, rather than simply farming drops and hoping for a good item
    --supposedly, the ability to alter [Mods] is due to come out some time after S9.5; this is what will redeem the system, since the RNG certainly doesn't. I have no problem investing the time and resources to learn to make something, but once I've figured that out by golly I want to be able to make the same thing again if I so choose. This isn't R&D, this is a bunch of idiots monkeying with things beyond their ken and hoping to slap something together that turns out to be awesome... all the while not bothering to write down how they got that result so they have no idea how to do it next time using the exact same materials. Why did you turn over our technological development to the freaking Pakled? Sorry, but this is a the main point of failure within the new version of crafting, and the thing that defines crafting as being something other than farming.

3) Return on invested materials comparable to other sources of equipment
    --nope, not in its current version. Just no. Better and more reliable sources of gear exist, and removing/nerfing them to make crafting look better would do a better job of making you look worse rather making crafting look like a good way to get gear. Further, I fear dilithium costs will be tacked onto the eventual [Mod] replacement feature, which further drives up cost of first crafting then adjusting the RNG item to get what you actually told your doffs to make in the first places. I really hope the [Mod] replacement doesn't have tacked-on dilithium costs, but the current price to make RNG items makes me think that it will be there. And yes, I really want to be wrong about this, please prove me wrong.

4) Reverse engineering, the sci fi version of deconstruction
    --"...nope, can't do that sir. Why yes Captain, you have that Polaron Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH]x2 right there, and it would be great to disassemble it to see how it works... meh. I want to keep making random Polaron Beam Array Mk X's so I can improve my skills. Why would I want to see how a real one works when I can just slap some components together to see how that turns out?" :confused: Uh huh.

5) DIY
    --I hate to say it, but part of the joy of crafting is making something, taking it into battle, killing the living daylights out of something with it, and getting to say, "Yeah, I made that. :cool:" Using doffs and the RNG doesn't provide that satisfaction... more like I sent my monkeys to go do it for me, and for once they brought me what I told them to bring me. Stupid monkeys with their stupid typewriters.

Yeah, I know a lot of my feedback directly criticized the very structure of the new crafting system... I'm sorry, but that's why I'm not a fan of it. Oh, and about the doffing UI...

Fine, you really want a doffing UI you can use on your phone. Marvelous. However, you had a great, streamlined system for doffing in place already that worked great for actual gamers on actual computers (and even ones on a decent-ish laptop like myself)... keep it available. Instead of scrapping the classic doffing UI, add a checkbox in the Options menu that will "Enable Tiled Duty Officer UI", have it pre-selected by default, and see how many folks bother to find and uncheck that box. Instant metrics for exactly how many folks prefer the which UI before you disable a feature, plus it gives more players what they want (be it the new UI or the classic UI).

There's my... well, more than two cents but you get the idea.
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I'm fine with giving them the same DPS as a cannon turret.

Me, not so much. If it's going to spend a [Mod] to expand the firing arc, retain the beam firing cycle, and still keep the -10 (not -8 like a turret) drain when firing other weapons aspects, I want it to keep its base damage too. Now if they are just plain old beam turrets (full number of [Mods], cannon-type firing cycle, and turret drain), then I'd be fine with diminished damage. But that's just me.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Excellent news on the uniforms! I did not expect that at all, I figured Odyssey would always be gated in the fleet tailor and new players would be stuck with the outdated designs. It's nice being wrong, and even Bortasqu' is getting updates (it needs them). :)

More omni-directional beams? Please tell me there's a possibility of adding omni-directional Andorian phasers in the future, to the dil/fleet stores, crafting, whatever. I'd love to have one for my Charal.

Crafting items from the content we're already running is great. We don't have to select it separately from the other rewards, do we? The wording isn't completely clear.

Can't wait to get on tomorrow and check this out.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140622a.1

General:
    • Odyssey and Bortesqu’ Fleet Uniforms:
    • The Odyssey Uniform is now a standard uniform all Federation captains freely have access to.
    • This uniform will appear in the tailor like any other uniform option.
    • This will be a default uniform template option when making a new Federation captain.
    • The Odyssey Uniform will be removed from the Fleet Store and replaced with a brand new Fleet only uniform.
    • The new Fleet only uniform will automatically be available for free to all Fleet members who previously unlocked the Odyssey uniform.
    • There is now a free Bortasqu’ uniform set named “Bortasqu’ Warrior” available to all KDF captains.
    • There will be a developer blog in the near future explaining the changes to the Odyssey and Bortisqu’ uniforms in greater detail.
    Very cool move devs! :cool:
    I must say i am really surprised! thumbs up!

I have one question though.
    If i have bought the Odyssey uniform at someones elses Fleet store, and left that fleet afterwards, will i have access to the new Fleet uniform automaticly?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Is it possible to get to lvl 20 without paying dilithium ? (like, dili is used to speed up)

Sure it is, just make 5000 photon torpedoes (MK6) :P
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I mean, they aren't a superpowered item, just a beam turret.

The [arc] weapons don't pay the normal damage tax that is associated with being a 360 or 90 degree weapon. Beams deal damage as though they were 270 degree weapons with one fewer mod - DHCs deal damage as though they were 45 degree weapons with one fewer mod. They are actually quite powerful.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dev lead: what can we do to get them off the new crafting and doff UI?

Dev 1: i know why dont we give them a old outfit and add one from our server but we need to touch it up 1st
    Dev lead: excellent plan there will think its x-mas.

Dev 2: i cant see this working boss!

Dev lead: shut it you i remember when it was your plan to take fleet marks away from foundry missions. you will go back in the pain booth.

Dev 2: no no not again last time Dev 1 forgot to let me out for a month.

2 days later

Dev 2: its not worked they have not shut up.

Dev lead: Dev 2 go and find Dev 1 and stick him in the pain booth his plan falled.

Dev 2: finally revenge is mine.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited June 2014
    The [arc] weapons don't pay the normal damage tax that is associated with being a 360 or 90 degree weapon. Beams deal damage as though they were 270 degree weapons with one fewer mod - DHCs deal damage as though they were 45 degree weapons with one fewer mod. They are actually quite powerful.

Hm... must not have noticed it. But yes, that makes sense.

Maybe they could stay the way they are, and we could craft weaker but non unique versions too? (That are completely on par with turrets)

Another idea... let us craft Quad Antiproton, Tetryon and Polaron cannons please. It would be another incentive to get into crafting.

For tribble testing: So far, purple materials I can't find, nor can I find catalysts.
    Maybe we could get a "Crafting testing pack" to Dorzana console for tribble only, that would let us test it faster, thus find more bugs?

The crafting only items seem fine. for example the ARC DHCs. They cost 25k dil, and guarantee a purple. No gambling. While I would say 15-20k dil would be better, I can see why they are expensive.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
    The reward for elite queue'd items ... does that mean we will get different crafting parts from the borg stfs as we would get from the crystal or tholian ones ??
    Yes.

Quote:
    Is it possible to get to lvl 20 without paying dilithium ? (like, dili is used to speed up)
    Yes!

Quote:
    Can all components/catalyst/items we can craft, be traded on the exchange ?
    Yep, that too..

AWESOMESAUCE :)
    This last one will certainly bring some much needed trafficking into the game & exchange ....

Can we get a "disassembly"or "Reverse Engineering" track/project too

Where we could slot a project to "Disassemble Personal Shield Generator" which would reward some XP for the disassemble track (higher skill level rewards more or higher level components) and would give some XP to the main track as well, its a reasonable experience from real life, that your skill into building something is also improved by the knowledge gained by disassembling something. (reverse engineering).

That would provide an additional way to level up in crafting, and something else to do with our loot than selling it to the Bartender Weaponization Alliance, or unreplicating.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jivedutch wrote: »
    That would provide an additional way to level up in crafting, and something else to do with our loot than selling it to the Bartender Weaponization Alliance, or unreplicating.
    The bartenders aren't weaponized, all the bartenders in the game are secretly fronts for an arms dealing cabal that just resells all these weapons back to the guys you then blow up again. Then you take the same weapons from last time and the "bartenders" give you HALF the weapon's worth, then turn around and resell them at full price to the guys you blow up...

This happens in every RPG. Now you know who the real powers are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miroexinmiroexin Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tribble patch notes 24.6.2014.

It is really nice to see that you have to mention Odyssey uniform and everyone forgets that our crafting will be based on crit chance.

Captains do you maybe play Barbie online? Try the new crafting system and than speak.

The majority of the people who tried new crafting on Tribble wrote that crafting is not about critical chance and that we want a normal crafting system.

You do not start build a mention with a pool and end up with shaky treehouse.

For God sake our crew and we are professional and we are going in schools. What kind of school teaches you too crit? None, they all teach you to build.

Yeah odyssey uniform is free… I bought it for fix amount of dil and don’t care if there is no plan to give us a new Fleet uniform for free.

But I care about the crafting system.

I can’t express my disappointment that all the devs say that they listen to feedback and the one and only thing we do not want crit chance they do not mention in any capacity.

I feel shame already that I am writing my 3rd post about crafting yes, no to crit chance gambling.

Do we need to beg?
    After 21 crafting assignments and burning 1575 dil to bypass 2h building time to build MK II dual cannon I got:
    0, yes zero very rare AP MK II dual canons
    p.s. I will execute my rare Jam’hadar who is serving under me for 1,5 years for incompetence it’s just a MK II dual canon, he is Energy Weapons Officer not a Doctor.
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have to agree with the afore mentioned. I don''t think crit chance only has any place as a crafting system. You hooked up a rng, added some items, split its requirements to work into parts and again into smaller parts, and finally put a nice UI on it and called it good.

I have crafted and been a full tier crafter since game shipped. I even gave the new iteration a try when it released. The fact remains that the dilithium component of the current system makes it completeely not worth doing except to level it up and make aegis set items.

The beta of this newest system is alot better in respect to the cost of items however time gating each level of craft to the extreem. 60 min's for a MK VI item is kind of painfull if you have to grind out many of them.

I like the addition of the new crafting only things like the [arc] beams and cannons. I agree with earlier posters that quad's should be able to be crafted as well. There also need's to be a disassembly or reverse engineering aspect as well as a way to slot specific modifiers on an item.

I see potential in the new system like opening it up to modify existing ship featuews through an advanced crafting like system. I mean would that not be the ultimate iteration of crafting? No two ships ever alike unless it was specifically planned that way? add your own flare to ships. turn that dull intreped into a warship voyager if you chose to add the hull components and upgrades to allow dual cannons...hint hint...

but ground crafting durration per cycle needs to be shortened at least by half. Remove the dilithium component to finish quickly and instead reform it to use ec and I guarintee you will interest more players and also create a hook for the free players. Also and this will go a long way to helping people feel like its a more worthwile experience, is double the xp amount per project. there are 7 different lines to move through and i think it would go a long way towards reducing the grind feelng people will have moving through it.

these are my feelings as we move forward into crafting...again.

If you want to make this a crafting system you'll do away witht he random aspect and crit chance and instead set in stone baseline white items that are then modified by mods added to the item through a mission to upgrade item to next level. This gives people control over the modifier they want to have on their items and eliminates effectively the random aspect while keeping the integrety of this new system intact.

the other way to do it is to have like a discovery pane that you can add an item and several modifiers to to make something new. after an item is discovered it is added to your craft list and just requires the components to craft up. A third way to do it is to make crafted white items or specialrarity items with kit slots for modifiers to be slotted.
    In this way the crafter still has control over the modifiers, while also having to rely on some luck and crit chance to make the item of higher rarity. This would go a long way to adding real value to crafted items.

aditionally you should give thought to adding reputaation versions of these items like quads and [arc] and 360 beams.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it's too bad that the clusters turned into those small, boring looking clouds.

it would be so much more interesting if they had effects similar to badlands or azure nebula, and upon flying into those you'd get those missing cluster-specific "department heads" missions.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm still strongly against the idea of removing the Star Clusters and all their related missions...

Cryptic, please reconsider. And if you're worried about anomaly farmers then just remove the scannable anomalies, not the whole instances and missions.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will Players Who Bought The Odyssey Uniforms Before The Update Get The New Uniform For Free?
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I can accept a unique item with more arc but the same damage as the normal type of weapon, but I still think it would be a very very good thing to be able to have regular beam arrays with the same arc and about the same damage as turrets.

Again as has been stated multiple times, not having a 360 beam weapon you can freely fit aft, makes fitting DBB builds a bit finicky since turrets don't benefit from beam builds but beam arrays mounted aft can't hit the forward arc which gives some advantage to cannon builds when built to face their target.

I don't want some hugely overpowered aft weapons, I am just hoping for a bit of parity.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, as I expected, the last bits of a nice Doff UI are being eradicated.

Why can't you make the assignements take less space on my screen? Is it because of the Gateway? If so, just say it, I may be more open to some changes then. If not, just make it all smaller.

Several bugs with claiming completed assignements:
    - 1) You need to enter the details of an assignement to claim it (the claim rewards in the 'Complete' tab doesn't work.
    - 2) If you have no place in Doff roster, Brig or Colonist tab, the claim rewards button disappears after the first try (and doesn't reappear even if you make place for the rewards).

Still no pie charts, only dull grey columns...

Nice to see traits when choosing doffs, but:
    - 1) We don't see all the traits that bring crit, success, fail and disaster on the assignement.
    - 2) We still can't sort doffs in any way while choosing them.
    - 3) We still have to choose doffs in another doff window taking another part of the screen.

We still have to click on an assignement to see more of it, than click again to get back to the list, then again to see another assignement ... It's twice as many clicking as it was previously. We still kept seeing the list while looking at all the details of different assignements.

We're still missing like 90% of Clusters' functionality:
    - 1) Most of the Doff assignements gone;
    - 2) DH second chance gone;
    - 3) Bridge invite possibility gone;
    - 4) Data samples from clusters gone;
    - 5) All of exploration gone from a Star Trek game.

All in all: The new Doff UI is still horrible and useless compared to current UI. Great losses with the Clusters change.

Nice move with the Odyssey/BortasQu' uniforms.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I also think that there needs to be a way to remove the "chance" factor. If this were really the 25th century on a Starship, things mighe be less chancy... but it IS an MMO. That said, crafting in games is always a hit-or-miss scenario, and when people invest significant time and effort into gathering materials, only to have to chance getting what they are going for, it cheapens the whole experience. So here is my idea.

With a set of materials, personnel and skill, there IS an element of chance. Higher quality doffs and higher skill (maxed?) make that chance very high that you will get a purple item.

With EXTRA materials (NOT ZEN ITEMS!!) you can guarantee that the item is purple.

I have no problem if we have the OPTION to buy these items for Zen, I know you have to generate revenue, but they NEED TO BE available in game as well (perhaps crafted, or for dilithium cost, or as reward for elite queued events...).

Hell, you want to involve the foundry more? Give a single "guaranteed purple" material for a daily "complete 3 foundry quests" mission.

There, that is my $0.02
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gettorix wrote: »
    I also think that there needs to be a way to remove the "chance" factor. If this were really the 25th century on a Starship, things mighe be less chancy... but it IS an MMO. That said, crafting in games is always a hit-or-miss scenario, and when people invest significant time and effort into gathering materials, only to have to chance getting what they are going for, it cheapens the whole experience. So here is my idea.

With a set of materials, personnel and skill, there IS an element of chance. Higher quality doffs and higher skill (maxed?) make that chance very high that you will get a purple item.
    According To Al "Capt. Geko" Rivera here: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po179/

You will increase the chance to get purple quality items after each level of the track, by a bit. At level 15, you will unlock the "final" crafting Projects. At Level 20, the Current cap, you can't get a White item if Rarity is a options.

Crafting weapons and some other stuff, you do end up with a lot of Craft XP, and when you try again, there is a better chance for purples.

Also for Projects for crafting Parts, the chance for crit, which gives extra items, also is bootsed.
    With EXTRA materials (NOT ZEN ITEMS!!) you can guarantee that the item is purple.
    According the Interview above: the item may be in Lock boxes.
    I have no problem if we have the OPTION to buy these items for Zen, I know you have to generate revenue, but they NEED TO BE available in game as well (perhaps crafted, or for dilithium cost, or as reward for elite queued events...).
    A large amount of items on the crafting system are already in game already and you can buy them on the exchange, the almost all the rest will give you items that can be placed on the exchange.
  • billzor991billzor991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    (Oops, already answered)
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/r/8z1hrq/8[/SIGPIC]

Captain William Plourde, SB16- Tyson Station
  • miroexinmiroexin Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will Players Who Bought The Odyssey Uniforms Before The Update Get The New Uniform For Free?

Please read the patch notes before you post. Yes.
    After 21 crafting assignments and burning 1575 dil to bypass 2h building time to build MK II dual cannon I got:
    0, yes zero very rare AP MK II dual canons
    p.s. I will execute my rare Jam’hadar who is serving under me for 1,5 years for incompetence it’s just a MK II dual canon, he is Energy Weapons Officer not a Doctor.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    • Odyssey and Bortesqu’ Fleet Uniforms:
      • The Odyssey Uniform is now a standard uniform all Federation captains freely have access to.
        • This uniform will appear in the tailor like any other uniform option.
        • This will be a default uniform template option when making a new Federation captain.
        • The Odyssey Uniform will be removed from the Fleet Store and replaced with a brand new Fleet only uniform.
          • The new Fleet only uniform is still a work in progress and not in its final state but will be available for the launch of season 9.5.
          • The new Fleet only uniform will automatically be available for free to all Fleet members who previously unlocked the Odyssey uniform.
        • The default uniform for all Starfleet bridge officers will be the Odyssey uniform.
          • Currently, the costume is not available for Tactical Bridge Officers.
        • All NPC Starfleet personal will now wear Odyssey uniforms.
      • There is now a free Bortasqu’ uniform set named “Bortasqu’ Warrior” available to all KDF captains.
        • The changes to the Bortasqu’ uniform is still largely a work in progress but will be available for the launch of season 9.5.
      • There will be a developer blog in the near future explaining the changes to the Odyssey and Bortisqu’ uniforms in greater detail.

First off, yay.

But while you're making this update, can you unlock the Odyssey and other costumes for Starfleet boffs that can't use them right now, such as the Diplomatic XP KDF boff? So a Starfleet player can take their Gorn boff, for example, and put them in a Starfleet uniform with Starfleet beamouts? And likewise, let KDFers put their Marauding boff in Klingon uniforms and gear, such as having their Andorian in the Bortasqu' set?
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Yes! We finally have the Odyssey Belt!

http://puu.sh/9ILcf/8b045377a7.jpg

Still no dual admiral pips for Female Characters

Are you trying to recreate Admiral Janeway?
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Yes! We finally have the Odyssey Belt!

http://puu.sh/9ILcf/8b045377a7.jpg

Still no dual admiral pips for Female Characters

Why do you want dual pips? i'd love an option for one side Admiral pips on my Oddy uniform, on that note, can we have the option to use Dual or one sided pips with the Admiral ranks?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    3) Return on invested materials comparable to other sources of equipment
    --nope, not in its current version. Just no. Better and more reliable sources of gear exist, and removing/nerfing them to make crafting look better would do a better job of making you look worse rather making crafting look like a good way to get gear. Further, I fear dilithium costs will be tacked onto the eventual [Mod] replacement feature, which further drives up cost of first crafting then adjusting the RNG item to get what you actually told your doffs to make in the first places. I really hope the [Mod] replacement doesn't have tacked-on dilithium costs, but the current price to make RNG items makes me think that it will be there. And yes, I really want to be wrong about this, please prove me wrong.
    Is it too much to ask for a reroll option?

If you don't get the rarity you want, just plug that item back in in place of the dilithium cost? I suppose so.
    4) Reverse engineering, the sci fi version of deconstruction
    --"...nope, can't do that sir. Why yes Captain, you have that Polaron Beam Array Mk XI [Acc] [CrtH]x2 right there, and it would be great to disassemble it to see how it works... meh. I want to keep making random Polaron Beam Array Mk X's so I can improve my skills. Why would I want to see how a real one works when I can just slap some components together to see how that turns out?" :confused: Uh huh.
    Definitely.

The fact that that was a story point in DS9 in dealing with Dominion weaponry firing through shields makes it more glaring.
    5) DIY
    --I hate to say it, but part of the joy of crafting is making something, taking it into battle, killing the living daylights out of something with it, and getting to say, "Yeah, I made that. :cool:" Using doffs and the RNG doesn't provide that satisfaction... more like I sent my monkeys to go do it for me, and for once they brought me what I told them to bring me. Stupid monkeys with their stupid typewriters.

Yeah, I know a lot of my feedback directly criticized the very structure of the new crafting system... I'm sorry, but that's why I'm not a fan of it. Oh, and about the doffing UI...

Fine, you really want a doffing UI you can use on your phone. Marvelous. However, you had a great, streamlined system for doffing in place already that worked great for actual gamers on actual computers (and even ones on a decent-ish laptop like myself)... keep it available. Instead of scrapping the classic doffing UI, add a checkbox in the Options menu that will "Enable Tiled Duty Officer UI", have it pre-selected by default, and see how many folks bother to find and uncheck that box. Instant metrics for exactly how many folks prefer the which UI before you disable a feature, plus it gives more players what they want (be it the new UI or the classic UI).

There's my... well, more than two cents but you get the idea.
    I can't say how much I hate this Crafting DOFF UI. Adjust the crafting UI to fit the DOFF UI, NOT the other way around. I feel about how Data felt about his first drink after getting the emotion chip.

Well...that's kind of awesome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I can't say how much I hate this Crafting DOFF UI. Adjust the crafting UI to fit the DOFF UI, NOT the other way around. I feel about how Data felt about his first drink after getting the emotion chip.
    except unlike data, i bet you don't want further experiences with it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    except unlike data, i bet you don't want further experiences with it

As the man said when the man said he was Heisenberg, "You're damned right."
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • msleechesmsleeches Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ooooh I can't wait to see the new fleet uniforms!

And keep crying in the corner about us the Rommie minority still not having any ^^

But I'm also curious about the [arc] thingy weapons: will omnidirectional beams and wide arc DHCs also be available for lockbox (phased polaron, nanite disruptor and so on) reputation (romulan plasma, biomolecular and so on) and fleet variants?