test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it bestially if a Bajoran and a Catalin decides to procreate?

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Ten Forward
Is it bestially if a Bajoran and a Catalin decides to procreate?

The questions one has when one sees flirting between different species on sto
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Dangle outside a hotel room on Risa and find out.

I'm Bajoran, I tried asking my Vedak this question though as I'm in love with the Catalin on ESD. But I can't get a straight answer... is my soul damned by the Prophets if I commit this deed?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What's a Catalin?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Catalins? Are they anything like Caitians?

And no. It is not bestiality, because Caitians are sentient and capable of granting consent.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would think that the fact they are sentient and intellectually on par with each other as species would remove it from the definition of bestiality. So whatever grounds it were to be debated on, I don't think that one would be valid, IMO.

(So yeah, the same point the poster above made about ability to give informed consent on both sides.)

Personally, while biology and customs could stand in the way of a particular pairing, I would not say it is just prima facie wrong

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Relations with a caitian being considered bestiality because they are cats makes about as much sense as relations with a human being considered bestiality because they are apes.

Caitians aren't cats.

Humans aren't apes.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ask James T. Kirk.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    like a human female it off with a male cat. some wouldnt mind a cat person, but the rest of us would just find it disgusting more then anything, it reminds me of a media story a few years ago about a horny man in india who couldnt get his rocks off and in desperation did it with a goat but he was found out pretty quickly. so disgusting, but a freak of nature? that entirely depends.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hmm, if and if they did make children? kitty-apes?
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, in Skyrim, a Nord can marry a Khajit, or even an Argonian. So there it is. But this subject came up some time last year, albeit eye-rollingly:

http://americablog.com/2013/07/star-trek-promotes-bestiality-capt-kirk-sleeps-with-alien.html

Abrams skirted the issue by presenting furless kitty ladies, settling only for the ears and tails. I can't blame him. It's a little much, and I probably would have taken the same route. It's kind of a tough subject to discuss. Of course, is that any more bizarre than a Bajoran and Cardassian? Dukat's daughter Tora Ziyal was half Bajoran.

And the subject was approached when O'Brien was pursued by a Cardassian scientist named Gilora (DS9: Destiny). Check out this smooch:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Destiny_(episode)?file=Gilora_Rejal_kisses_Miles_O%2527Brien.jpg (Dat hair!)
    rottorung02.png
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nothing about a Tijuana donkey show yet ? Really?
    Forum ...you disappoint me.:(
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As "beasts" are defined as creatures on four legs, I'd think it wouldn't apply to anthropomorphic aliens.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Humanoid and Felinoid relations? Sure. I mean they're roughly similar, just differences in biology and evolution. However, those differences would make procreation difficult, barring a mcguffin or two to make it genetically possible. :P
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Starfleet has a rather big folder on interspecies bow-chica-wow-wow if I remember that line from Voyager correctly. Maybe the topic is covered in there? (Maybe even with pictures?) :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Starfleet has a rather big folder on interspecies bow-chica-wow-wow if I remember that line from Voyager correctly. Maybe the topic is covered in there? (Maybe even with pictures?) :D

We must find the doctor and access his folders!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This....

This is gonna go down hill fast.

Thank you OP for your intriguing thoughts and this riveting question.

Thank the rest of you forum folk who replied but kept it (mostly) tame.

While I think there is nothing wrong with inter-species relationships (It is Star Trek, I mean this kind of thing happened weekly in the ST universe), I do however think that this thread needs to be closed before it gets dirty and out of control.

Thanks again for keeping it PG-13-esque.

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.