test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fpe-r

captweaverscaptweavers Member Posts: 44 Arc User
Hey guys, I was thinking about picking up the new FPE-R, but I heard that the tail gun is a phaser weapon??? I primarily use antiproton and disruptor.... :confused: should I put those weapons with that phaser tail gun??
Post edited by captweavers on

Comments

• Options
    watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys, I was thinking about picking up the new FPE-R, but I heard that the tail gun is a phaser weapon??? I primarily use antiproton and disruptor.... :confused: should I put those weapons with that phaser tail gun??

the FPE-R is a good ship even without the tail gun. If you want to use other weapon types go for it. Just think of the tail gun as a bonus.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    watster wrote: »
    the FPE-R is a good ship even without the tail gun. If you want to use other weapon types go for it. Just think of the tail gun as a bonus.

because, technically it IS a bonus weapon.

the only reason why you might want to stick with phasers is to boost the tailgun IF you are also using the nadion saturation bomb consoles. as it does phaser based damage and is boosted by tac consoles, so if your trying ot boost the bomb, might as well as boost the rest of your weaponry too.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    because, technically it IS a bonus weapon.

the only reason why you might want to stick with phasers is to boost the tailgun IF you are also using the nadion saturation bomb consoles. as it does phaser based damage and is boosted by tac consoles, so if your trying ot boost the bomb, might as well as boost the rest of your weaponry too.

Thats the idea. If you are not using the bonus tail weapon, the idea is to get rid of the saturation bomb as well..
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A well lined Nadion bomb with fully buffed phaser damage is a one shot thing. If you don't use phasers, don't use it. Honestly, PvP wise Phasers are less often resisted because on Elite Shields they're ResA, used by a few compared to ResB. And they look so much better on a Federation starship.