test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rep Gear Advice

rhiaroserhiarose Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Federation Discussion
Ive been away for a while and I am getting back into the game slowly, picking up where I left off. What I am wondering, is the Omega and Romulan gear (space) still relevant or is it all about the Dyson and 8472 rep gear?

For example the Hyper-plasma Torps or the Zero Point Energy Conduit.

I dont want to waste my effort and limited Dil on gear thats worthless, so any input would be appreciated.
Post edited by rhiarose on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What do you fly, what's your preferred weapons type? Do you have any lobi consoles such as the Tachyonkinetic converter?

3p soloane is free and amazing

If you pve a lot and like torps, romulan hyper and Dyson gravimetric are outstanding.

Undine deflector is the best dps one in game atm.

Kcb/assimilated from the borg set is a must have

Zero point is ok.

2p from undine ordinance is a must if your phaser or disruptor cannons.

Is there any "must haves?" for pve...no, not really. For pvp? Well is say yes, another would say no.

Hope that's helpful enough for ya
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • rhiaroserhiarose Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Speaking mostly in general, my favorite is my klingon carrier captain (mirror vo'quv till I can get a fleet version) but I also have a tactical cruiser captain on my fed side and an engineering scimitar on the roms. Mostly I am looking to gear up my vo'quv.

As for weapons, to give an idea of how long its been since I end game geared, im still using pre rep tab update Omega anti proton beams (I havent had any time to replace them yet). I currently have the KCB and Omni directional AntiProton beam in back, have the Assimilated console, at present im using the tier XI borg set. I am not sure if its worth upgrading that to XII or just working on other reps (like I said its been since before the rep tabs were in game that I end geared with any seriousness)
  • velanarvelanar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looking at what you have there I would say you could do worse than getting the warp core from the mission you got the Omni directional AntiProton beam from, 10% (I think) AP damage (2p bonus) for about 20-30 mins work) is a start.

While waiting for someone with much more building knowledge than me comes along. :)
  • rhiaroserhiarose Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have the core as well, forgot to mention that from Sphere of Influence
  • velanarvelanar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup, That's the one. :)

Looks like you are in for the rep grind now then. the borg shield isn't great you could get an elite fleet shield with a little work involved. (not as long as maxing out the rep stuff at least). the borg 2pc is still decent (eng/deflector).
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2014
    rhiarose wrote: »
    Ive been away for a while and I am getting back into the game slowly, picking up where I left off. What I am wondering, is the Omega and Romulan gear (space) still relevant or is it all about the Dyson and 8472 rep gear?

For example the Hyper-plasma Torps or the Zero Point Energy Conduit.

I dont want to waste my effort and limited Dil on gear thats worthless, so any input would be appreciated.

get the experimentl beam array the hyper plasma torp and the zero conduit

your get 7.5% to plsma damage
    And plasma hyperflux
    50% oncrease to all plasm energy damage for 10 seconds
    big plasma burn spike
    decreases enemy damage resistance
    2 minute recharge

using plasma energy weapons

its a really nice set
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Based on what I've been using/acquired:-

Solanea space set from Step Between Stars mission is pretty much the best free set you can get. Only takes half an hour at most for the mission. It's good for most types of play style.

Omega rep:
    The KCB is as good as a torp with its kinetic damage and with the assimilated console the 2pc bonus helps with energy drain and damage output as it boosts critH.
    Space set bonuses are good for hull heals, the dyson space set does pretty much the same but for shields.

Dyson rep:
    The gravimetric torp is one of the best out there, combined with grav well or any other crowd control ability it is quite lethal.
    The experimental proton weapon and the console from the same set will give 2 & 3pc bounses that give decent boosts to critD, critH and photon torp damage.

Obelisk set from Sphere of Influence is a 2pc boost of bonus antirproton damage. That means it's added on top of any other boosts to damage so it can be higher than that given by a tac console. Also the 360 weapon is itself pretty decent on its own.

Undine rep:
    The 2pc bonus from any two parts of the ordnance set give 7.5% bonus phaser or disruptor damage. Again that's added after everything else so is worth more than a tac console and you'll also get extra photon damage too from the console.
    The bio torp is pretty good itself, the high yield does an impressive amount of damage and can kill multiple targets with its splash damage.

Nukara rep:
    The 2pc bonus from the space set give bonus damage again.
    This set just got buffed so is improved on what it used to be.
    SulMatuul.png