test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Recruiting

ncissnciss Member Posts: 74 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Academy
I am a little confused with some of the changes that have been going on and I have already spoken with support who seems not to understand my line of questioning, so I will try here. The question I have for the community is this: If all of the default settings are still in tact and other people are able to attempt recruiting of my new characters, why is it that I can not draft the same character with a current member of my fleet? Bear in mind that my fleet is one of the original first fleets to enter STO and the "owner" - chain of command has not changed since STO first released to the public. Any help would be appreciated.
Beta Tester
Lifetime Subsciber
Data Programmer
Post edited by nciss on

Comments

• Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not sure if this is what is going on with yours, however when I tried a few times to invite one of my alts, it wouldn't let me either. What I found was the problem is my character was getting spammed so much with invites near ESD that before I got signed out of that one, they were getting invites spammed on them. This stopped me from being able to invite them.

The way I fixed it was I accepted one of the invites from a fleet, that the member kept spamming me. Then, I flew out to an area away from where most traffic is. Then, I left the fleet, and logged off. Switched to my other toon, and logged back in to invite them to my fleet.

The invite spams are so bad that I had to report some people for constantly doing it over, and over for about an hour to me.

I hope this helps you out. If not, I am not sure what might be the problem.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One thing I have noticed is that when sending the invite to your alt you have to specify the charactername@yourhandle, If you just try sending the invite to @yourhandle the invite wont go through at all.

not sure if this is whats happening but it could be worth a try.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've invited several of my toons to my fleets and it works. needs to toon@handel or else the system won't know where to send it.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nciss wrote: »
    I am a little confused with some of the changes that have been going on and I have already spoken with support who seems not to understand my line of questioning, so I will try here. The question I have for the community is this: If all of the default settings are still in tact and other people are able to attempt recruiting of my new characters, why is it that I can not draft the same character with a current member of my fleet? ...

Its because the Default settings do not give you the ability to Recruit. This has to be granted to the Fleet Rank that you currently are by someone in the Fleet who has authority to do so...
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    About where to go, I just flew to another spot in sector space where there were very few people. Though, it could be because I have found that sometimes there are bugs that just affect so few that the developers don't know how to fix it. I went for almost a year without being able to set a rally point, and none of the times I was contacted about, the developers didn't know how to fix it. I only recently found out how, myself.

Also, with no explanation, after season 9 released, Antiproton weapons worked like they should on my account. However, before this season, they would put out less damage than the Polaris, Disruptors, and Plasma. After the release of season 9, they now work. Yet, everyone else that they always worked on, are still working like always.

So, it may be possible you may just need someone else from your fleet to send the invite.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nciss wrote: »
    I have noticed that there is an epidemic of spam lately, especially near the overpopulated zones. Question is, where within the STO spacing floor is the ideal "quiet zone" where I could invite my alt? To admrenlarreck; I always input the the entire field of the name (ie: nciss@fallingrocks) because as a Beta and previous Dos programmer; I learned that machines and programs are so case sensitive, that the computer only understands processing logical binary code. Either it is True or it is False, if not then the next process is selected. I know it sounds crazy, but whoever wrote the code for STO followed the same logic. Thank you for the input though admnrenlarrek, that statement is exactly correct.

Quieter social zones? KDF = Ganalda Station. FED = K7.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    You sir are doing 2 things that might be wrong... I am able to invite my alts to my own fleet all the time...

So before you do some recruiting of your alts do this...

1... Make sure your fleet rank is allowed to recruit...
    2... Make sure your account settings are set to "Allow Fleet Invites" ~ Check your privacy settings (Press O, Privacy Settings on the lower right corner"

If the above is present, and correct... your only way to inviting your alt will be via the Fleet Roster Window... Lower Right Corner (Invite) be sure to put the full name@handle or your wont get no where... if this is done correct, it wont matter if your account is logged in or logged out, as the invite will be sent, and will pop up upon logging into the Alt that is getting the invite...

Hope I was able to help out...
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2014

If the above is present, and correct... your only way to inviting your alt will be via the Fleet Roster Window... Lower Right Corner (Invite) be sure to put the full name@handle or your wont get no where... if this is done correct, it wont matter if your account is logged in or logged out, as the invite will be sent, and will pop up upon logging into the Alt that is getting the invite...

Could he not also create a second account, make a character on that, invite and promote it to the fleet and then dual log accounts and use the alt account for invites? Not sure on free account limitations.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    so basically the problem was, that you didn't know your own handle anymore. Classic!

also, wrong section of the forum
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    lol, 3 years and thats the best comeback you could come up with?
    Anyway, this is considered a necro and against forum rules. Probably wont be long before it gets locked.
    Bad Necromancer!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.