test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle Group Omega Fleet?

imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
I just got out of another Gorn Mine Field after doing the daily mission and this is the third time I have seen B***** G**** O**** fleet members shoot one ship then just sit there. Is anyone else seeing or getting this and am I just the only unlucky one? lol

I know we have the AFK penitently we asked for but there are still ways around it. :(
1Wv2pWK.gif
Post edited by imperialmirror on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Another question, Does reporting then for being afk so anything? or is it a small wast of time? lol
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm constantly amazed by the amount of effort people will put into not playing the games they play.

Ok...not really.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know you mean well, but naming and shaming is against forum policy.

Otherwise, I agree with:
    I'm constantly amazed by the amount of effort people will put into not playing the games they play.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Im not trying too, well maybe a tad bit. Buts its just frustrating trying to complete any mission when half the team is AFKing and the mission takes twice as long. I would have left the map but I didn't want to leave the other two players that were helping in with it.

And I edited it :)

Have any Devs Mentioned adding a vote system too were players can vote out AFKers?
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmm, I encountered this same fleet before and they AFKed as well. Last time was in the Mirror Universe Event. Think it's a goldfarmer fleet. All we can do is report them for AFKing and cross your fingers the PWE Customer Service Department actually does something beyond slap on the wrist.

Anyhow, the Devs been shy about talking about a kick system (even though private teams do have that ability), they said it to the effect that it would be abused. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hmm, I encountered this same fleet before and they AFKed as well. Last time was in the Mirror Universe Event. Think it's a goldfarmer fleet. All we can do is report them for AFKing and cross your fingers the PWE Customer Service Department actually does something beyond slap on the wrist.

Anyhow, the Devs been shy about talking about a kick system (even though private teams do have that ability), they said it to the effect that it would be abused. :(

Yeah i can see how it could be abused in PUG STF groups but still we need something to help lol But i understand lol
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah i can see how it could be abused in PUG STF groups but still we need something to help lol But i understand lol

I honestly don't think it would be abused by PuGs, unless it's a troll fleet messing with people by booting them before the end of an event so they don't get rewards.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have any Devs Mentioned adding a vote system too were players can vote out AFKers?

They've mentioned not adding it, if that counts. The idea of a vote kick system is quickly becoming one of the dead horse topics (if it isn't already).

The harm a vote kick system would cause signifigantly outweighs the benefits.

Example: Left 4 Dead 2.

That is a game that developers have seen as a warning sign when it comes to implementing vote kick features.

On paper, votekick sounds like a great idea -- in practice it ends up being a headache as people will votekick you for not having an optimal DPS build, flying a rainbow ship, have your ship named after a sports team they don't like, or simply votekicks because there are immature kids that play the game and they'll giggle endlessly knowing they've ruined somebody's game by kicking them out. You know. For teh lulz.

The game can't discern why someone is getting votekicked. Therefore someone can get votekicked for literally any reason or no reason at all. And if there's one thing you need to learn, is that there is no honor system on the interwebs. People will literally votekick you just because they can and there is no consequences for doing so.

P.S., I've also dropped into matches with 'those people'. They put me on autofollow have weapons on autofire and that's about it.

If customer service and disciplinary actions weren't the laughing stock of the MMO industry when it comes to Cryptic/PWE, I'd actually file a GM ticket. Instead, I just sigh -- shake my head, facepalm, roll my eyes... then complete the mission and don't devote too much time or energy over what just transpired. It's not worth the energy to get irritated or annoyed at that behavior.

I simply accept there are jerks in STO and Cryptic is too soft to do anything meaningful about it, other than put in more rulesets and whatnot when it comes to the AFK penalty tech -- which was very much needed.

That's the best you can hope for, asking Cryptic to refine and enhance the AFK penalty system on the back-end of things.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've also played games where the kick system works just fine, where players will say 'I hate doing this'. Guess it is dependent on the players. In STO I don't think it would work, just look at the need, greed, pass system which is also abused in STO but works fine in other games.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I've also played games where the kick system works just fine, where players will say 'I hate doing this'. Guess it is dependent on the players. In STO I don't think it would work, just look at the need, greed, pass system which is also abused in STO but works fine in other games.

Need / Greed isn't abused, its how it is since they put all the content into Queues. Before PWE took over, Need / Greed worked as it was intended - those who needed, really needed it. That's why for the past two years, people wanted a truer system of want / pass.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I've also dropped into matches with 'those people'. They put me on autofollow have weapons on autofire and that's about it.

If customer service and disciplinary actions weren't the laughing stock of the MMO industry when it comes to Cryptic/PWE, I'd actually file a GM ticket. Instead, I just sigh -- shake my head, facepalm, roll my eyes... then complete the mission and don't devote too much time or energy over what just transpired. It's not worth the energy to get irritated or annoyed at that behavior.

I simply accept there are jerks in STO and Cryptic is too soft to do anything meaningful about it, other than put in more rulesets and whatnot when it comes to the AFK penalty tech -- which was very much needed.

That's the best you can hope for, asking Cryptic to refine and enhance the AFK penalty system on the back-end of things.

I know how you feel, The "Following" bugs the heck out of my. I wish i could right click on them and make it to were they cant follow. A good percent of my Ignore list is made up of "them". The Followers, The AFKers and the ones that Sit with their carrier in CCE and just let the Fighters fight for them. Last CCE i did "they" Sat a good 4km above the target and just sat there. There was 5 a full team. Its sad that such a small group can ruin so many peoples fun in STO.

And Customer Service? What customer service lol I just get auto email the a computer sends not a person. I wish there was a number lol
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Need / Greed isn't abused, its how it is since they put all the content into Queues. Before PWE took over, Need / Greed worked as it was intended - those who needed, really needed it. That's why for the past two years, people wanted a truer system of want / pass.

Yes, need and greed is very much abused in STO. Why would a tactical officer 'need' a science kit. They don't. This behavior is acceptable in STO but in other games the group will jump down a players throat if such behavior is attempted. In STO a team of 5 will roll 5 needs for Haggis. :confused:

It's simple. You roll 'need' if the item pertains to your class or character, 'greed' if it doesn't and you want to vendor/market the item and 'pass' if you don't want it.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmmm... I guess I need to lookout for this fleet.

I don't recall being in any mission with them though so far.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, need and greed is very much abused in STO. Why would a tactical officer 'need' a science kit. They don't. This behavior is acceptable in STO but in other games the group will jump down a players throat if such behavior is attempted. In STO a team of 5 will roll 5 needs for Haggis. :confused:

It's simple. You roll 'need' if the item pertains to your class or character, 'greed' if it doesn't and you want to vendor/market the item and 'pass' if you don't want it.

Need the EC...it's all need/want or pass. There should only be two options. If the system wants to take a look at whether a character actually needs something, then it should compare the item against all the gear that character has potential access to - to determine if they need it. But you'd still be facing that they might need it for an alt they've got.

It's not BoP/vendor...there's no BoP. Can't say that the person does or doesn't need something.

If there was BoP gear - then the system should check...but it doesn't.

Should just be want/pass.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Need the EC...it's all need/want or pass. There should only be two options. If the system wants to take a look at whether a character actually needs something, then it should compare the item against all the gear that character has potential access to - to determine if they need it. But you'd still be facing that they might need it for an alt they've got.

It's not BoP/vendor...there's no BoP. Can't say that the person does or doesn't need something.

If there was BoP gear - then the system should check...but it doesn't.

Should just be want/pass.

I get what you are saying but thats not the attitude I've exhibited in other games. Nobody cares about your alts if you have alts. If one group member is playing a science char and you roll for a science item you better be a science char if you choose need. The characters being played, like the science guy who is actually playing his science toon, take precedence.
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2014

It would work better if the loot was not 99.998% trash that almost nobody cares about except to vendor it
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I honestly don't think it would be abused by PuGs, unless it's a troll fleet messing with people by booting them before the end of an event so they don't get rewards.

You have troll fleets that mess with people by AFK'ing, troll fleets that pop cover shield to block doors or (recently) Risa races... and you think there won't be troll fleets that use the kick to harass :rolleyes:?
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    zidanemorzidanemor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah its an afker (possibly gold seller?) fleet, seen them in pretty much every gorn minefield run i've done over the last 2-3 months.
    Always the same thing every time, they use the follow option on a random player so that they appear to be flying around, and will shoot at a target within range every now and then. They don't do much else.

Just had 3 in my last run.. Decided to google their fleet name and see if anything came up, hence this post here :p
    I've stopped wasting time reporting them as it doesn't appear to be doing anything, seeing as i've spotted many of the same names repeatedly over many many runs now.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah -- just had one of them "follow" me in a Gorn Minefield. I thought they were harassing me by constantly bumping into me. Guess that was them following me. And I also found this thread by googling their fleet name. Happens almost every time I'm in a GMF.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, I constantly get harassed by this Fleet in SB24 and Gorn. It is inexcusable that Cryptic don't do something about this. They'll end up annoying more people than is in this fleet at some stage.

But as others have said, customer service/gm tickets, yeah, they get dealt with. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Im not trying too, well maybe a tad bit. Buts its just frustrating trying to complete any mission when half the team is AFKing and the mission takes twice as long. I would have left the map but I didn't want to leave the other two players that were helping in with it.

And I edited it :)

You know the funny part: if 4 members of a fleet go afk and leave you finish the stf, in the last 1-2 minutes they could vote you out as afk.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    You have troll fleets that mess with people by AFK'ing, troll fleets that pop cover shield to block doors or (recently) Risa races... and you think there won't be troll fleets that use the kick to harass :rolleyes:?

And we shouldn't have the mechanic because of the possibility of a few people abusing it?

That's what CSR Tickets are for.