test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grav. Torp + Grav. Scientist

maltheistmaltheist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Has anybody tried using the grav scientist with the grav torps? Does the doff ability create secondary grav wells for the smaller grav wells created by the torps?
Post edited by maltheist on

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The duty officer only works with the Gravity Well ability. Gravimetric Rifts are not gravity wells.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • maltheistmaltheist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, thanks
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like your creative line of thinking, OP, but unfortunately this doesn't work.

If you really want to make the Dyson Grav Torp pop those rifts in a small area, fire Torpedo Spread (preferably TS3 but 2 will do also) into a clumped up group of ships. Or, if you have Gravity Well, fire the torp spread into those ships grouped up by it. Make sure to have decent Graviton Generators (they keep yanking ships back to the center of the rifts) and high Particle Generators Skill (PG skill determines damage from the rifts).
    XzRTofz.gif
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Supposedly there's a captain trait that increases the pull by 20% though...maybe that's something for you?
    edited June 2014
    thibash wrote: »
    Supposedly there's a captain trait that increases the pull by 20% though...maybe that's something for you?

Psychological Warefare Trait
    XzRTofz.gif
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really need to get Intimidating Strikes and Psychological Warfare for my Sci Captain...
  • maltheistmaltheist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the responses, everybody. Those traits are interesting.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Incidentally, I've only just noticed that the Gravimetric Torpedo is also buffed by both Graviton and Particle Generator skills; at least that's what my skill tree is telling me when I select it. Though I guess this is because it isn't buffed at all by Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Incidentally, I've only just noticed that the Gravimetric Torpedo is also buffed by both Graviton and Particle Generator skills; at least that's what my skill tree is telling me when I select it. Though I guess this is because it isn't buffed at all by Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization.

From what I can tell, Particle Gens and Conservation of Energy buff the Gravimetric Rift damage, while Graviton Gens increases the duration of the rift.
    edited June 2014
    I don't know if it increases duration, but Dyson Grav Torp and the rifts they cause is easily the most expensive in terms of Skillboxes to improve if you want to maximize it. Projectile related stuff in the TAC skillboxes as well as Particle & Graviton Generators, both intermediate SCI skillboxes. Very pricey. But for Science builds who usually go pretty high in PG & GG, this is a given and a win-win situation. Esp. if you fly a ship with a good balance of TAC & SCI (at least to use GW).
    XzRTofz.gif
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    It's damage is buffed by projectile spec.

It's aftershock if it procs is buffed my particle gens while it's pull is buffed by gravity gen.

When I select it, there's no green outline around Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization though. The other two lower tier tactical weapon skills have the green outline, as well as Graviton and Particle Generator. So is this just a display bug?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gravity Well 3 + Torpedo Spread 3 w/ Gravimetric Torpedoes, on a properly spec'd Sci Vessel, is nothing short of epic when the full spread pops open rifts of their own.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    amosov78 wrote: »
    When I select it, there's no green outline around Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization though. The other two lower tier tactical weapon skills have the green outline, as well as Graviton and Particle Generator. So is this just a display bug?

Starship Weapon Training (Improves Starship Weapon Damage)
    Improves energy and torp damage

Starship Projectile Weapons (Improves Starship Projectile Weapon Damage)
    Improves torp/mine damage

Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization (Improves Starship Projectile Weapon Criticals)

Improves crit chance and crit damage only

**I always spec 6 points into projectile weapons/particle Generators and sometimes Graviton generators [sometimes only 3] so the Gravimetric torp works great for me on most of my builds never optimal ti one task but plenty fun to play. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Thank you for letting me know about this. I will go look for it later today.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.