test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rebreather - made available for all

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
Before i begin, i know the EVA suit can be use in the same way as a re-breather but when i do ground combat i try to stay in character and changing armor would be out of character.

Is is possible to make the re-breather available for all instead of only the Romulans?
Be it either as a mission reward( hearts and minds would have been a great opportunity for this) as a pickup in a queued stf (defense of Rh'Ihho Station) or from the replicator once "the Best Defense" has been completed by the player.
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why would someone want a rebreather?? lol, that is just a little item you receive to be able to fight in the Elachi missions without the need to cough cough cough every 2 seconds. But the rebreather is useless in environmental hazards. It will not protect you like an EV suit and of course the rebreather is useless in space or missions like the lava tubes of new romulus. This is never going to happen, because, the rebreather and the EV suit are completely different items.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why would someone want a rebreather?? lol, that is just a little item you receive to be able to fight in the Elachi missions without the need to cough cough cough every 2 seconds. But the rebreather is useless in environmental hazards. It will not protect you like an EV suit and of course the rebreather is useless in space or missions like the lava tubes of new romulus. This is never going to happen, because, the rebreather and the EV suit are completely different items.

Why? Role play options off course.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This is easy to answer. To have real armor. An EV suite is TRIBBLE and I laugh when I see people wearing them outside the missions that need them. A rebreather is a device so you can have your good armor in and still not cough. And be locked out of your animation.
    320x240.jpg
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    This is easy to answer. To have real armor. An EV suite is TRIBBLE and I laugh when I see people wearing them outside the missions that need them. A rebreather is a device so you can have your good armor in and still not cough. And be locked out of your animation.

Of course, but the problem is, as i said, a rebreather is a completely different thing, it doesnt make the functions of an EV suit.

If you equip a rebreather in space, you die. For example. Still, i dont see the point of use a rebreather, it purpose is only limited to the Elachi missions and that ambient.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would be nice. I hate having to use an EV suit for rh'ihho station and losing my set bonus. With my rom I can just equip a rebreather and not have to change armor.

I know many people don't run defend rh'ihho station because it's ground but it's the best way to get rom marks outside of tagging. It's fast and has no cool down so I can instantly repeat it.
    edited June 2014
    Perhaps i should have clarified. I'm not saying that an EVA and rebreather are the same nor that rebreather can be used in every situation that an EVA suit can be used.

An EVA suit can be used in every situation that a rebreather can be used though.
    An EVA suit is a lot less sturdy than regular armor and switching armor kills the role play element which is pretty important in ground battles.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not being affected by those psychotropic drugs in that one Cardassian mission that reverses friend and foe tags. A close second would be the death gas in Hearts and Minds.
    edited June 2014
    Not being affected by those psychotropic drugs in that one Cardassian mission that reverses friend and foe tags. A close second would be the death gas in Hearts and Minds.

I just finished replaying the capture of Gull Madred and that was actually what gave me the idea for this request.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to see this as well. My suggestion would be to stick it in the Replicator, like the basic Frequency Remodulator. That way, you can replicate them as needed.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited June 2014

They also work in the New Romulus Tier 4 mission cave, which can be real helpful against the end boss spawn.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sure, throw these rebreathers into the replicator, like the frequency remodulators.

And while you're tinkering with'em, can we get BOff AI tweaked to only put them on if there's a reason to? Fewer BOffs who refuse to ever take them off would be a nice little touch.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    while were on the subject of rebreathers, why is it so many players have their characters or at least their away team cohorts wearing the darn things when they don't need to in places like new rom, earth space dock, DS9 and such.
    don't they know they can stow them in their bank or inventory or something?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    don't they know they can stow them in their bank or inventory or something?

Yep.

Don't you know that BOffs have enough item slots to keep them handy, and that saves having to pop by a bank every time you go into a mission with bad air?

See, that would be why in the post right before yours I asked if they could be tweaked to not put them on automatically unless they're in an environment that needs them rather than the way it is now, where they put them on about 75% of the time no matter what, and don't wear them "just often enough to know they can go without putting them on but rarely enough to make you think the game is thumbing its nose at me."
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, rommys have rebreather, everybody else gets the fire extinguisher
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • seseronseseron Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My rommy BOFFs wear their rebreathers when I beam down to Nimbus III. Must be a little bit of stankiness down there.

I concur with the addition to the replicator alongside the remodulator.
    rottorung02.png
    edited June 2014
    Yes, rommys have rebreather, everybody else gets the fire extinguisher

Always use the secondary from the crm-2000 to put out fires.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    They also work in the New Romulus Tier 4 mission cave, which can be real helpful against the end boss spawn.

You mean the underground ruins? That one absolutely needs a rebreather, because it's burning hot down there. Paehhos Caves, on the other hand, have nothing that requires a breathing apparatus that I'm aware of.
  • theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    of course the rebreather is useless in space or missions like the lava tubes of new romulus.

Oh really?

(This isn't just a case of REMANS STRONK!)
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ^^^That's funny, "Heat? What heat?"

How about a doff mission where we craft them?
    y1arXbh.png