test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You?

metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
I just read that they are going to put thumbnail pics for the hover boards . Too bad I already spent the 1,000 favors on the non creamsicle colored "creamsicle" board. Would have been nice if someone thought of it sooner. So stupid.
Post edited by metaphorgrande on

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If Cryptic would just TURN ON RISA ON TRIBBLE, we'd not need thumbnails. We could buy them on Tribble server to see them w/o spending any 'real' favors. :mad:
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Talk about a lack of gratitude here.

The OP's attitude is insane. Cryptic made a mistake by not giving thumbnails at first, and is taking a step to fix that. Criticizing them for fixing it is dumb; They simply can't win with your logic, because if they HADN'T added the thumbnail you'd still be criticizing them for not having one.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The OP's attitude is insane. Cryptic made a mistake by not giving thumbnails at first,

If only we had a test server to iron out such things before they went live. Oh, wait... we do. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If only we had a test server to iron out such things before they went live. Oh, wait... we do. :rolleyes:

Quoting part of someone's post out of context is silly. :rolleyes:
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The OP's attitude is insane. Cryptic made a mistake by not giving thumbnails at first, and is taking a step to fix that. Criticizing them for fixing it is dumb; They simply can't win with your logic, because if they HADN'T added the thumbnail you'd still be criticizing them for not having one.

Well, its curious because that is what they do all the time. They do things in half-measure and later they fix em (well, sometimes.. hmm, once in a while..). And people thanks cryptic to fix those things.. they think cryptic is doing em a favor when its not, they are doing just their job. Something they should ve done since the beginning.

But this repeats along all the mini fixes cryptic does about everything. People thanks em to fix things that should not be broken in the first place lol.

I mean, if you going to say this to the op, you should say it to everybody that thanks cryptic for anything...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If Cryptic would just TURN ON RISA ON TRIBBLE, we'd not need thumbnails. We could buy them on Tribble server to see them w/o spending any 'real' favors. :mad:

Are you aware not everybody has acces to tribble, right?? seriously, always the same story.. and its not the first time i see you talking about the tribble server.. tribble server is useless anyways, so its not really an option.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2014

He is not criticizing them for fixing it, he is criticizing them for not having done it to begin with.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We have a Testserver? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Borwn-nose much? The complaint isn't about the fix, it's about the "developmentally challenged" need for a fix to something that was so flipping obvious in the first place.

Comprehension is OP, plz nerf. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, its curious because that is what they do all the time. They do things in half-measure and later they fix em (well, sometimes.. hmm, once in a while..). And people thanks cryptic to fix those things.. they think cryptic is doing em a favor when its not, they are doing just their job. Something they should ve done since the beginning.

But this repeats along all the mini fixes cryptic does about everything. People thanks em to fix things that should not be broken in the first place lol.

I mean, if you going to say this to the op, you should say it to everybody that thanks cryptic for anything...

Not entirely true. I thanked Cryptic some months back for the 2 free ship slots. That wasn't thanking them for doing their job - that was thanking them for something that saved me zen. I'll thank them now for making the grind for the Risa ships alt-friendly, and more engaging than sitting around and counting boxes - that is a step in the right direction.

Other things that deserve some thanks are the daily mark bonus, increasing Romulan ground marks, and bumping up the Fleet Marks rewarded for Officer of the Watch. Things like this make it less punishing for people to choose non-violent ways of getting marks from time to time, instead of running the same missions over and over.

Sometimes they fix mistakes or bugs, and I see your point. But they deserve positive feedback for things that are genuine improvements. In the case of the thumbnails on the boards, there was apparently no winning, because the oversight of having the thumbnails was a fact, whether we like it or not. Either they correct the oversight - and apparently get a bunch of sarcasm as a result, or leave the oversight - and most likely get a "see, cryptic doesn't listen to us and fix things" thread.

So I'll chime in sincerely - I'm thankful this oversight was corrected. I have not yet bought an Enhanced or Superior board, and this improvement will make my choice easier. Not everyone rushed out to buy the latest shinies right away, so this helps those of us who haven't yet.

With all seriousness as well, this oversight wasn't entirely game breaking for most people (other than those buying boards on day 1 or 2). If you saw a board you liked, there was nothing stopping from asking people which one it was. Also, nothing preventing asking in zone if anyone knew the colours for "x board". I know zone isn't the most helpful place, but SOMEONE probably would have answered. It's an MMO, some level of interaction with other players is expected.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This is what I coin, #STOlogic. An absolute lack of any kind of logic regarding STO.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Quoting ... someone's post... is silly. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% :D
    Are you aware not everybody has acces to tribble, right?? seriously, always the same story.. and its not the first time i see you talking about the tribble server.. tribble server is useless anyways, so its not really an option.

First, I don't care if not everyone has access to Tribble. I do. ;) Second, Tribble is not useless if Cryptic used it for the reason they made it, but instead Cryptic seems to ignore all the feedback they get when they do 'test' stuff on Tribble. And they've seemed to go 1 step further now, instead of ignoring feedback before something goes live, they don't even let people see the content before it goes live. And we get, for example, a 15 event timer that ends after 14 minutes. I mean really?! No one at Cryptic noticed that simple thing? Even more reason for content to be on Tribble first. Some player (many players) would have noticed that instantly and given feedback.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Putting the stuff on tribble wont do anything to alleviate the problem. The problem is that when stuff goes live to tribble its to late in the game to be fixed BEFORE the stuff goes live. They are alerted to problems on tribble, then have to work on fixes So that they can apply the fixes AFTER its on holodeck, as there is no time to work on them before hand.

IMO to make the best use of tribble the new stuff would have to be going live about 6 months (minimum) prior to its release on holodeck.

I have reported issues on tribble that cause crash to desktop EVERYTIME you try to load the content. Responses were the standard "We are aware of this, but since only a handful are effected we will keep our eyes on it." type of response. Then when it goes live on holodeck and lots of people are then effected that's when the problem gets attention and fixed.

At this point I dont even bother with tribble as I see it as nothing but a way for Players to preview the new content. It has nothing to do with actually helping eliminate bugs, or issues.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Everybody does have access to Tribble, actually, it's just a matter of using it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

Takes like 5 minutes, seriously.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

First, I don't care if not everyone has access to Tribble. I do.

And this is the reason i am not going to keep reading your post. You care only about things that affect yourself lol (and its the same on every post you write... ) , so why would anyone keep reading anything you will say?? lol.. seriously.

[big facepalm]
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I mean I have to say .. that was actually a big blunder. They should have considered that we might want to see the board we buy from the vendor. Those tiny pictures does not give the board justice.

I am one of those that picked the wrong board and dislike the look of my board. I wish there was a way to trade the boards to the "look" you prefer or allowing customization perhaps?

Or simply give a label to the examples shown on that room so you can see which one you want to buy in GL size.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    medtac124 wrote: »
    Everybody does have access to Tribble, actually, it's just a matter of using it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

Takes like 5 minutes, seriously.

Why will i use a server that is completely useless?? the purpose of tribble is to test bugs and tell cryptic what bugs they need to fix. If that is completely useless.. why will i waste time testing things on tribble??

People need to realize that tribble is a non existent server. And thats it. Forget about it. And stop making references to it. Its proven millions of times that WE ARE the beta testers, not the tribble server.
  • Options
    medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why will i use a server that is completely useless?? the purpose of tribble is to test bugs and tell cryptic what bugs they need to fix. If that is completely useless.. why will i waste time testing things on tribble??

People need to realize that tribble is a non existent server. And thats it. Forget about it. And stop making references to it. Its proven millions of times that WE ARE the beta testers, not the tribble server.

You have no idea what you're on about.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • Options
    ryvakenryvaken Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just read that they are going to put thumbnail pics for the hover boards . Too bad I already spent the 1,000 favors on the non creamsicle colored "creamsicle" board. Would have been nice if someone thought of it sooner. So stupid.
    Your ******** about issues that have been addressed has been noted. If you have anything meaningful to say, that would be welcome.

While the fix is certainly a strict improvement over what we had before, the delay of implementation reduces it from being valuable to simply being novel. Gratitude is not called for.
    Admiral Ryvaken, USS Arthra (NCC-947749), Aventine class.
    As the seventy-fourth Rule of Acquisition clearly states, knowledge equals profit. And I am a very rich Ferengi.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    medtac124 wrote: »
    You have no idea what you're on about.

Yeah, because you have more idea than me.. lol. If you think tribble is useful.. maybe you are playing in a tribble server of a different game..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, because you have more idea than me.. lol. If you think tribble is useful.. maybe you are playing in a tribble server of a different game..

You're completely right...

I made you read my post! :D

Putting down other players is a sure sign you got nothing substantive to talk about. ;) As for 'not everyone has access to Tribble', someone else already enlightened you on that. BTW it was a joke. :D But please, feel free to deny yourself access to the useless test server.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tribble server is useless, that is a fact like a temple. Now, that people like you keep trying to convince people otherwise.. thats your problem, actually lol. I had acces to tribble back in the days, but i just forgot about it. There is nothing there worthy to spent even 10 minutes. If you tell me, the bugs i will find will be taking in consideration, i will think otherwise. Its not the case so.. i really dont care what you say, its obvious that for some reason, you want to spread the word that tribble is a really good test server.. ok, you right , it is.

Happy?
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's why Tribble fails to do what it's supposed to.

1) There is little incentive for people to go over to Tribble. The only reasons why you would even bother going there is either to test "experimental gear" or to gain the 1-hour reward each time a new season is being tested.

2) Cryptic doesn't update Tribble with the same diligence as Holodeck. This is Cryptic's fault - a lot of bugs we see ingame wouldn't be released to Holodeck if Cryptic had bothered to update Tribble first - and if there were enough interested players to go over there and test it out.

3) Unless you find your own fleet on Tribble, your Holodeck fleet doesn't transfer over - meaning you can't test fleet items that you don't already have with you.

Tribble would function properly if:
    1) Players had full access to all gear, including lockbox items and rare items. It doesn't matter anyway, since Holodeck is unaffected. This would allow players to test builds and ships without buying them on Holodeck. Once the player logs off, all experimental gear is removed. (alternatively, maybe a "Tribble Test Weekend" event, where all gear is unlockable only for a certain weekend)

2) Cryptic placed updates on Tribble first before releasing to Holodeck.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!