test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omni Antiproton

taylor248taylor248 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Greetings All,

I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too, but wish to be sure) regarding the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam. Is there any way for me to get it? I have the Obilisk, and snagged the Warp Core with it (very nice by the way), but never reran anything to get the array - between doctors, tests, etc... = no time. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Cheers,
Scott
Post edited by taylor248 on

Comments

• captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    taylor248 wrote: »
    Greetings All,

I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too, but wish to be sure) regarding the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam. Is there any way for me to get it? I have the Obilisk, and snagged the Warp Core with it (very nice by the way), but never reran anything to get the array - between doctors, tests, etc... = no time. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Cheers,
    Scott

Pretty sure the Omnidirectional AP beam is available as an alternate reward for Sphere of Influence, so replay it and select the beam array when you finish.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep. Just replay Sphere of Influence. You can replay the mission from your mission journal.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • taylor248taylor248 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you everyone.

Scott
  • philroephilroe Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread (already resolved anyway) but I have a similar question and can't make new threads yet.

My question is: I did the sphere of influence mission and got the obelisk warp and Omni beam but the problem is that the obelisk warp core says it's sub admiral I. The minimum to even get the mission is vice admiral. The beam didn't have a rank but the obelisk warp core does and it doesn't match anything I found online. It has a +4 auxiliary which is inferior to the vice admiral one. So I don't know what is going on.

Another thing is when I equip both pieces it shows as a two-piece set but I don't see any icon showing that the 10% bonus is applied, and I fear it's not being applied.

Does anyone have any insight. Also when I check the mission reward again it show the obelisk as sub admiral I or I would have just took done it again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Without the 10% bonus it would be worthless to use.

Thank you.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    philroe wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread (already resolved anyway) but I have a similar question and can't make new threads yet.

My question is: I did the sphere of influence mission and got the obelisk warp and Omni beam but the problem is that the obelisk warp core says it's sub admiral I. The minimum to even get the mission is vice admiral. The beam didn't have a rank but the obelisk warp core does and it doesn't match anything I found online. It has a +4 auxiliary which is inferior to the vice admiral one. So I don't know what is going on.

Another thing is when I equip both pieces it shows as a two-piece set but I don't see any icon showing that the 10% bonus is applied, and I fear it's not being applied.

Does anyone have any insight. Also when I check the mission reward again it show the obelisk as sub admiral I or I would have just took done it again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Without the 10% bonus it would be worthless to use.

Thank you.

It's applied, trust it.:P

And yes, it's worthless if it doesn't have the 10% dmg bonus. But it does.;)

It's the same core. The stats are what they are.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Issue is that you ran the episode during the event when you only needed to be a level, 10 to go through.

Rerun and get your VA core.

As for the 2p...I'm not sure if it makes an icon...might be under space skills in the character sheet. it is working though.

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited June 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Issue is that you ran the episode during the event when you only needed to be a level, 10 to go through.

As for the 2p...I'm not sure if it makes an icon...might be under space skills in the character sheet. it is working though.

Cheers

So there are actually 2 different cores? I remember running it with a new char back then, and getting the same core. It's been a while though. Oh well, learn something new every day.;)
    edited June 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    So there are actually 2 different cores? I remember running it with a new char back then, and getting the same core. It's been a while though. Oh well, learn something new every day.;)

You would think the core would be a level with you deal...

I can't check but isn't the core a selection reward, not an innate part of the obelisk?

edited June 2014

Cheers

Hi,

I ran the mission about 2-3 weeks ago, I'm not sure if the event was happening then. When I check the mission reward right now it shows Sub Admiral I (same core I got now).

Should I re-run the mission anyway? Something just doesn't feel right lol

Thank you kindly.
    edited June 2014
    Hi,

I ran the mission about 2-3 weeks ago, I'm not sure if the event was happening then. When I check the mission reward right now it shows Sub Admiral I (same core I got now).

Should I re-run the mission anyway? Something just doesn't feel right lol

Thank you kindly.

Try dropping the mission and retake it.
    edited June 2014
    You are level 50? Promotion completed?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Obelisk_Technology_Set
    Shows vice admiral...could be a community error...typing through phone so I can't verify anything atm

Noblet has a good idea, try that

edited June 2014
    Try dropping the mission and retake it.

I can actually see the mission reward without even taking the mission. But I did take the mission just now and check, drop, then check again, same.

Only thing I can add is that I haven't completed the whole chain, just the first mission on there (sphere of influence) Maybe completing the whole chain will make a difference lol ?

Thanks again.
    edited June 2014
    You are level 50? Promotion completed?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Obelisk_Technology_Set
    Shows vice admiral...could be a community error...typing through phone so I can't verify anything atm

Noblet has a good idea, try that

Yeah I've been lvl 50 for weeks. It shows Subadmiral I with sub-par stats.

Thanks.
    edited June 2014
    I just asked someone to post their core in chat and it showed Subadmiral l. I guess there are no Vice Admiral ones...I still don't see the icon showing the bonus tho :( wish I did.

Thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it very much. If you figure anything please let me know.
    edited June 2014
    I just asked someone to post their core in chat and it showed Subadmiral l. I guess there are no Vice Admiral ones...I still don't see the icon showing the bonus tho :( wish I did.

Thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it very much. If you figure anything please let me know.

By "subadmiral" do you mean rear admiral? That would be what it's supposed to say. It scales up to mk xi (and not mk xii), so that's +7.5 aux, and not the +4 aux you mentioned.
    edited June 2014
    By "subadmiral" do you mean rear admiral? That would be what it's supposed to say. It scales up to mk xi (and not mk xii), so that's +7.5 aux, and not the +4 aux you mentioned.

I think he's a romulan

Sub admiral 1 = rear admiral 1.

Was just looking that up actually...

• pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You wont see icon showing bonus.

Go to earth spacedock in ship, stay in ship and do not dock.

set weapon power to full

remove the core from ship

hover over an antiproton weapon, note down the damage

add the core back to your ship

hover over antiproton weapon again, notice increased damage
    edited June 2014
    I think he's a romulan

Sub admiral 1 = rear admiral 1.

Was just looking that up actually...

Yeah I play a Romulan character. Would be nice to have a +7 aux instead of the +4 I have/see.

Thanks for the replies guys.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Why has no one pointed out he's Subadmiral I? That means he's Romulan, and that Obelisk core is a warp core not a singularity core. I don't think he can equip it.
    edited June 2014
    He's using it on the obelisk, which a rom can fly

edited June 2014
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    You wont see icon showing bonus.

Go to earth spacedock in ship, stay in ship and do not dock.

set weapon power to full

remove the core from ship

hover over an antiproton weapon, note down the damage

add the core back to your ship

hover over antiproton weapon again, notice increased damage

Thanks I just checked and saw the damage difference, I appreciate the help. Glad I know it is at least working.
    edited June 2014
    Why has no one pointed out he's Subadmiral I? That means he's Romulan, and that Obelisk core is a warp core not a singularity core. I don't think he can equip it.

I'm on a temporal ship that can use the warp core.

Thanks