What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

communication breakdown

roughsuperiorroughsuperior Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
uh my mistake its called communication shutdown

Klingon lieutenant level 9

In house always wins / gorath system / communication shutdown

I can destroy one sattelite before being blown away , maybe both of them , but I cant get the freighters , either my weapons have very little effect , or they can outrun me , and get more than 10km away or if I get blown away and respawn the freighter doesnt respawn.

my allies dont seem to fight close to me and get blown away quickly .

any tips ?
Post edited by roughsuperior on

Comments

• loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    try going for freighters cloaked full power to engines before engaging full power to weapons then uncloak and attack, i'd suggest heavy cannons/dual beam banks, you can get cheap ones at the first city ship yard, selling a few junk items picked up in inventory should do to buy them. once done with freighters then go for the satellites same again cloak attack walk away no need to fight the ships around just cloak and get to next one, if you still have a little trouble you can try asking a friend for assistance or fleet member, team up match squad leader and do that part or the entire full mission together.

good luck
  • roughsuperiorroughsuperior Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thanks

I have dispupter dual heavy cannon mk 2 and photon torpedo mk 2

and rear disrupter turret standard
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you have not already also take a look at your boffs. To not mind them is a newbie error I often encounter. See that you have boff skills like engineering team, science team, emergency power to shields with you. Tac team is nice too since it autoadjusts all shield to the facing thats being shot at. At this level you probably cannot take them all so see what works best for you.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmm, i never had a problem with this mission, but i remember the first time i did it it was a pain in the axxx.

What you need to do is to kill every single enemy ship you encounter in the first satellite zone all around. Dont worry about the satellites or the freighters. Just clear the zone of enemy ships, so your allies will follow you if you do that. If you go directly to blow up the communications array or the freighter, they will be stucked fighting other ships and they will probably die.. lol (thou that is not a problem anyways).

Once you have a clear path, destroy the first communications satellite and then go for the first freighter to your left. The basics here is to destroy it as fast as you can. Since you already killed all the enemy ships, you only need to worry about killing the freighter, if you can use torps.

Then, go for the second communications array and then the last freighter. More or less that is an effective way to do it, you can do it in other ways, but the problem here is, if you try to destroy the freighter without killing the enemy ships first, you cant, since you will need to deal with enemies (you can even die if you dont do so) and the freighter will go away.
  • krrjakrrja Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You already have everything you need to own this mission. This mission however relies on patience not speed. Knowing how your enemies and allies work mechanically will allow you to understand the strategy needed to beat this mission.

Your enemies have a particular zone which they never stray from, enter the zone and they react to you and attack, stay out of the zone and they ignore you. Your allies have a similar zone and will only attack enemies that are in their zone. Only when there are no enemies will they move towards more distant enemies.

So, two things. One, you can stay with the allies and remain part of the team assaulting the system, mind it will take some time as your allies don't head an quickly as possible to the next group of enemies, be patient. Or two, bring the fight to your allies. There is nothing stopping you from getting an enemy to chase you back into the loving embrace of your allies.

The zone idea also applies to the freighters, once you get close enough, by design or by mistake they will run. The best strategy is to cloak and hit them at close range, though most times they bolt even if you approach cloaked, but you can avoid any ship in between by doing so and have enough time to run down the freighter without interference.

Which also brings up another point that will make flying a BoP much easier in the future, use you cloak. It's a battlecloak, it should be used in battle and can make lone wolf assaults against superior numbers more manageable as long as there is no time limit to contend with.
  • roughsuperiorroughsuperior Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    krrja , thanks for the tip , took me several tries , but worked using your strategy. I still think that part of the mission is a bit buggy though , or more info and direction could be given.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    krrja , thanks for the tip , took me several tries , but worked using your strategy. I still think that part of the mission is a bit buggy though , or more info and direction could be given.

Nah, not really, the only problem of this mission is, that the optional objecitve (keep mud alive) its really confusing, as you tend to try to achieve it and its not necessary. You could just forget about all your allies and go by yourself, it will not make any difference in the final result of the mission. I learned that optional objetives in regular missions are totally avoidable, since they will not grant you extra rewards or extra achievements (only maybe a couple of accolades here and there) so i always skip em every time i can. This mission,is really easy and straight forward if you just go by yourself and doing what the mission says, destroy communications and freighters. Freighters are always in the left side of the map, knowing that.. it is a really easy mission. The only problem with this mission, is that it takes time.
  • sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nah, not really, the only problem of this mission is, that the optional objecitve (keep mud alive) its really confusing, as you tend to try to achieve it and its not necessary. You could just forget about all your allies and go by yourself, it will not make any difference in the final result of the mission. I learned that optional objetives in regular missions are totally avoidable, since they will not grant you extra rewards or extra achievements (only maybe a couple of accolades here and there) so i always skip em every time i can. This mission,is really easy and straight forward if you just go by yourself and doing what the mission says, destroy communications and freighters. Freighters are always in the left side of the map, knowing that.. it is a really easy mission. The only problem with this mission, is that it takes time.

There is a bug I found. If you don't do the mission in order that it list them. Like you go kill the second satellite before the first freighter it will bug out on you. What kinda makes this hard is it's a lvl 10 mission pretty much, but you can't get your level 10 ship until after it's finished unless you all ready bought a Zen ship that level with another char. The key as said is take it slow. If you clear out a zone they will port the team to your next target as you uncloack. Don't depend on this as it doesn't happen. I can keep the main guy alive most the time by doing this all so, though I lost him last night on my new KFD Orion char.
  • jimduval#7537 jimduval Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Yes those arrays are a mess but you should be able to get an target lock on them, try to fly above it and keep tight circles while pressing tab and one of the weapons. I personaly have had this same thing but i was able to kill them altough it was hard to get them selected.

If that fails try to get a friend and do it with him/her, share the mision and try agian. Maybe the other is able to hit them and thus enableing you to move on.

If even that fails drop the mision and retake it and redo it.

Hope this helps you out a bit, there is nothing more anoying then doing all you can and see no progress.
    Good luck and friendly regards from,
    Jim
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    This Mission does bug out unless you kill the stuff in the order given. I had difficulty with it on a new Character a couple of years ago but make use of the Cloak and position yourself so you do not draw multiple ships against you.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    This might or might not have any effect, but it's worth a try.

Under Options, Controls, Space see what these options are at. What you want is
    Only attack if target selected, Select Auto target on attack, Never auto target objects, Never auto target pets, and Select attacker if attacked all toggled to Off.
    Reset inactive tab target, Assist target on attack, and Tab select offscreen targets all toggled to On.

I keep my options set that way, have a number of KDF toons, and I have never had a problem targetting either the comms or cargo ships. Had the cargo ships run and actually get away a few times at first, but never had a problem targetting them. Oh, and I generally play in Scorched Earth (Space?) mode. Destroy everyone and everything in my path as I go (in true Klingon fashion). Other than being tied up fighting the other ships allowing the cargo ship to get away a few times, it has never stopped me from completing the mission.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Destroy ComSat 1
    Destroy ComSat 2
    Destroy Freighter - D'Elon
    Destroy Freighter - Sirol

According to the Wiki. This is also noted.

'There is a random bug in this mission at step 3 (in the Gorath System): When destroying Freighter 1 before the other 2 satellites the last one might not count. The Freighter won't respawn so you might need to leave the system to restart this step again.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns